• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Error and Misprint List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Hello! I am making this thread for people to discuss or ask if their card is a misprint, maybe fake. For example, if something on the card is off a little, you could post that sort of thing, or if you have a misprinted card. Please be nice and no profanity.
-Happy discussing!

P.S. Sorry if this is a bad introduction as this is my first thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Great idea Tarro57. One thing I would add is that people should say what the actual misprint is.

i have a missprint team rocket's meowth

Like this. What exactly is wrong with your TR's Meowth?

And while I'm here I think I'll show off a few of my misprints. ;)

A few SF cards with miscut backs. And the back is even upsidedown. That picture is upright.

Double stamped W stamped Wartortle.

Victorybell with 3 square corners.

Miscut Charizard G Lv.X.

Miscut Medicham.

Square cut Japanese Misty.

Wartortle that evolves from Wartortle.

Miscut Empoleon Lv.X tin. :D

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Great idea Tarro57. One thing I would add is that people should say what the actual misprint is.

Like this. What exactly is wrong with your TR's Meowth?

And while I'm here I think I'll show off a few of my misprints. ;)

A few SF cards with miscut backs. And the back is even upsidedown. That picture is upright.

Double stamped W stamped Wartortle.

Victorybell with 3 square corners.

Miscut Charizard G Lv.X.

Miscut Medicham.

Square cut Japanese Misty.

Wartortle that evolves from Wartortle.

Miscut Empoleon Lv.X tin. :D

Cool misprints! The Medicham makes you wonder what the card to the right of it is, doesn't it? Sorry I didn't put what a misprint is as well. Would you mind showing the front of those two backwards off-cut cards you have?

I also have an EX Holon Phantoms Latias (Delta Species) #11 a bit of a misprint. This might be the same with all of the cards but the symbol in the bottom left corner, the actual black part of it is off center. If it's not an error in the card let me know.
-PIECE(ish)

kris198921

the only known error team rocket meowth has pokemon species as scratchcat pokemon instead of scratch cat pokemon. i also have kyoger ex and groudon ex missing a word in the second attack. i just pulled a full faced reshiram with part of the rare symbol covered up

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I don't really have any misprints. I do have an old diglett card w/ square corners, but that's it. Some people go cazy for misprints. I know that there is an old WotC Raichu misprint that says 'prerelease' on the bottom of it's picture. It's estimated price is $15,000 - $30,000 'cause there's only about 8 of them. I don't beleive anyone would pay that much for a sparkling peice of cardboard. I can just imagine some 8 year old having one, leaving it on his livingroom floor for his dog to tear it to shreads... heh.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Would you mind showing the front of those two backwards off-cut cards you have?

I don't have time right now to take the pictures. But I do have some other ones like them that I have pictures of.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/6969691/DSC00419.jpg
^Back.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/6969691/DSC00418.jpg
^Front.

i just pulled a full faced reshiram with part of the rare symbol covered up

Actually that's one way to tell that you got the later print run of it. Just like how the first print run of Zekrom had the black background while the later ones have a gray background.

I don't really have any misprints. I do have an old diglett card w/ square corners, but that's it.

That's pretty nice. Most cards with square corners sell for $30+ each.

Some people go cazy for misprints. I know that there is an old WotC Raichu misprint that says 'prerelease' on the bottom of it's picture. It's estimated price is $15,000 - $30,000 'cause there's only about 8 of them. I don't beleive anyone would pay that much for a sparkling peice of cardboard. I can just imagine some 8 year old having one, leaving it on his livingroom floor for his dog to tear it to shreads... heh.

I can garantee that no little kids have one of those. There's a long story to them, but lets just say that they weren't ever in packs. And about 2 years ago someone actually sold one for $14,000 in a privite sale. That pre-release Raichu and Illustrator are tied for being the rarest/most expensive Pokemon cards.

Would something as simple as a ard being numbered wrong be considered a misprint? I have a holographic Clefable from the Expedition series. The number on the card is 41/165(which is for the uncommun not hollow Clefable) the number should be 7/165. I looked up pictures of both cards just to be sure.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Would something as simple as a ard being numbered wrong be considered a misprint? I have a holographic Clefable from the Expedition series. The number on the card is 41/165(which is for the uncommun not hollow Clefable) the number should be 7/165. I looked up pictures of both cards just to be sure.

Yep, that's a misprint alright. That is pretty cool. Would you mind uploading a picture up for us to see? That could sell for some good cash, I don't know how much, but that's cool!

Nebbio

NINJA!
I have a Dark Vilepume with a fighting weakness and a specie Mew.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
that's pretty nice. Most cards with square corners sell for $30+ each.
Really? If only I kept it in better condition... It's lost color 'cause of light and It has multiple scratches. It may be peeling too, IDK. I got the thing from my cousin when I was like 6.

i can garantee that no little kids have oneof those. There's a long story to them, but lets just say that they weren't ever in packs. And about 2 years ago someone actually sold one for $14,000 in a privite sale. That pre-release raichu and illustrator are tied for being the rarest/most expensive pokemon cards.

They weren't in packs? Hm. How did people get a hold of 'em then? I know my parents freak when ever I spend $20 on a single card ;). It took me like 2 weeks for me to convince them to let me spend $90 on a Base set 1st Ed. pack.

I have many square-cut base set holo cards. These were never in packs. I got them from a friend who use to work at WOTC. Not sure how they ended up with square corners...

If anyone is interested in buying some please send me a message. They're in near mint/mint condition. I have Mewtwo, Ninetails, Hitmonchan and Gyarados.

Ga|2y

unReal™ Explorer
I have a Kabutops 7/92 from Legend Maker card set with golden text at its name and HP..is it misprint or anything?? 'Cause everywhere I check its picture it's black text...
//edit I guess it's called a Reverse Holo eh..

Last edited:

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Has anyone ever wondered if people that work at the card companies make the misprinted cards on purpose?

kris198921

i have heard rumors that some people that work in card manufacturing company's making some cards in error form and then taking them before they are sold in packs and then hiding or breaking the card mold so they have the only copies and selling them for lots of money.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
i have heard rumors that some people that work in card manufacturing company's making some cards in error form and then taking them before they are sold in packs and then hiding or breaking the card mold so they have the only copies and selling them for lots of money.

pft. cheaters...

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
I one time had an Ominite that evolved from Prinplup.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Status
Not open for further replies.