• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Error and Misprint List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
I have a Gardevoir Lv. X that is cut off by about 2.5 cm. off to the right. Sorry, quick post...

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
Cresselia 2/100 of Majestic Dawn. The printing is really off; as in, one of the yellow borders is too thin while the other one is too large. On Future Sight, "deck" is printed as "beck" and on Healing Light, "your" is "yir." The bottom of the card, where it as the Pokedex excerpt isn't capitalized or complete. Literally, here is what it says. shiny particles are released from its wings like a veil. is said to represent the crescent moon. It also looks like the holo-sparkling-things are just printed on there; they don't sparkle, like it's part of the artwork. Generally, lotta errors here.

Wondering if I should keep it as a rare card ("Oh my God this must be a rare misprint I can sell it on eBay for ten bucks!") or render it a useless fake. I'll keep it for now, at least.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

JadeRawrr

Yesterday, me and my boyfriend found another misprint.
Its from Call of Legends, 17
It's a Ninetails, and it's supposed to be holo. But, ours is non-holo.

At first, we thought we had accidentally gotten a fake somehow. So we looked online, and apparently, it's not! It's not usually listed on most sites, but if you look at the back of real cards, and fake cards, it's obviously real. Maybe it's rare?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Yesterday, me and my boyfriend found another misprint.
Its from Call of Legends, 17
It's a Ninetails, and it's supposed to be holo. But, ours is non-holo.

At first, we thought we had accidentally gotten a fake somehow. So we looked online, and apparently, it's not! It's not usually listed on most sites, but if you look at the back of real cards, and fake cards, it's obviously real. Maybe it's rare?

Non-foil Nintales from CoL are from a starter deck. They're not very rare at all.

Last edited:

EspeonGuy196

I have a misprint on my Chansey... I hav 2 of them. One is a misprint. The move says
Healing Trial
Flip a coin. If heads, remove 40 damage counters from Chansey. If tails, remove 3 damage is 10 is 40. O_O
Oh yeah... misprints arent fake, or are they... or.. idk.... dot dot dot...

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Oh yeah... misprints arent fake, or are they... or.. idk.... dot dot dot...

You're right, misprints aren't fake. But alot of fake cards are badly worded and look like a misprint to people that can't tell the cards are counterfeit. And it doesn't help that people at 2 of the leagues I go to have gotten fake cards at places like Target. And there are even reports of Toys R Us having fake cards. But in both cases it isn't the actual shop's fault. Alot of shops designate their card section to another smaller company to stock them and those companies are selling the fake cards. But all of this can be avoided if you only buy packs that have the official Pokemon/Nintendo copyright on the back of the packaging.

acetrainerbob

has written:
I have the first mewtwo with a red border around mewtwo in the illustration while my friend has the exact same card withiut the red border

The PunisheЯ

Bring it.
I have a holo Clefable from the Jungle set (1/64) missing the jungle symbol. :p

jjag20

I have a Parasect from the HS pre-release that has thick lines of foil from the outer portion of the card going through the center picture.

(I'll post pictures later)

Flygon_Frank_66

The Mystical Master
I have this error Diamond and Pearl Power Pack.

I recently bought a sealed box of these and there was an odd one.

It has a German Pikachu card in all U.S. Packaging.

It is still sealed in shrink wrap.

Picture links below;

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/img2263le.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/30/img2273ee.jpg/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.