• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Error code: 31020

Furny

Hi, as the thread title says im getting error code 31020 when I try to retrieve my pokemon from the dream world.

The error message only says 'Download failed. for help visit the nintendo support site. Error code: 31020' Going to the support site yeilds no trace of the error code.

Best I can do to help is say I was having trouble staying connected to the dream world around the time the haunted mansion was released and im on a white cartridge in a DSi. The pokemon sleeping was my own caught Joltik, but either way I can connect to the GTS through Nintendo Wi-Fi no problems.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I had that same error a few days ago when I was retreaving my Pokemon. I just tried again the next day and it was working again. Maybe you could try that?

DarumakkaImposter

That usually means that there are a lot of people on the server or where you are and it booted you so it wouldn't crash. Try again in a day or two, it happens on the GTS all the time for me.

Furny

Thanks for all the replies.

Just tried again with no luck, and have been trying at different times during the past few days. Its also happening to a friend of mine as well both through my connection and their own. It just seems wierd that theres no other mention of this error code apart from a Yahoo answers question...

Furny

Well quick update, it's the middle of the day, the dream world is not busy according to the website and yet im still recieving the download failed message.

Thats 1 of my own pokemon lost (thankfully not a legendary), 1 dream world pokemon, the newly released banette and all of the released c-gear skins.

Gandhi candy

I love Gandhi
solution

Thanks for all the replies.

Just tried again with no luck, and have been trying at different times during the past few days. Its also happening to a friend of mine as well both through my connection and their own. It just seems wierd that theres no other mention of this error code apart from a Yahoo answers question...

i believe you mean me ( the yahoo name should be about gandhi as well).
i made that post and as you can see the reply was not helpful and if you google pokemon error code 31020 many others have had this problem as have i and no solutions have been othered.
however i contacted the pokemon support and after being redirected to North america support to europe support in a period of two weeks i finally got a solutoin as you will see in the reply i recived in the message:..

If you are receiving this error code then your internet connection is timing out. Here are a few suggestions that should help prevent the connection from dropping…

· In most cases this is resolved by changing TCP timeout value on your router to a larger value, 5 minutes works fine in most cases and you may need to contact your ISP or router manufacturer for help with this.

· Ensure that there are no other devices on the network that are using large amounts of network bandwidth such as a PC with a large download running.

· Try changing the channel on your router to either channel 1, 6 or 11, as these would not be affected by any similar devices in your area using the same channels. Your router documentation should explain how to do this.

· Activate the DMZ feature of your router if available.

· If connecting a DSi or 3DS console we suggest changing the MTU value in your connection settings from 1400 to 576

We hope this helps to improve your online performance.

any way hope thishelps but be warned i havnet tried any yet so not sure whether it works but any way contact me if it does it will be gret to know

Furny

Ah, hi Ghandi, sorry it's taken so long to reply.

I've had a look through that list and tried what I can from it, changing the MTU, changing the channel and trying when all other wi-fi devices are off all of them with no luck.

If my router does have a DMZ feature it was locked out by my ISP before it was shipped out and I'd try increasing the TCP timeout value but it doesnt seem to have a default registry and I can't see a way to add it in correctly in windows 7 so I dont want to go messing around with that.

On the plus side, my friend tried hers at a relatives and for some reason it works and she is now able to put a pokemon on the dream world and take it off straight away (without using the dream world, havnt tried using it then trying just yet) on my connection. Only problem this raises is why would it block my attempt but not hers when we are using the same connection?

pikadad

Hello everyone. My son got the error code 31020 when trying to wake up his pokemon. This is not a timing issue nor is it related to the GTS user overload problem. We spent days trying different times, router settings and even different ds consoles (mine goes in and out of Dream World with no problem) but nothing worked. Then my son remembered he changed to one of the new skins while his pokemon was asleep. He changed it back to the previous skin and the pokemon woke up straight away. Did any of you change ANYTHING while your pokemon was asleep? If so, try changing it back. Worked for us.

Furny

That was the problem, thanks pikadad.

I think one of the new c gear skins had come out and I had tried to change to that after using the dream world but not actually waking my pokemon up.

But problem solved =D

Gandhi candy

I love Gandhi
im now about to try this, if it works thank you so much ive been contacting nntendo and pokemon and neither had helped me in fixing this and i thought i wouldnt get fixed. ive been redirected so may times its unbeliveable and ive been unable to wake my pokemon for 2 MONTHS so this will be just as exicting as getting the game itself.

Furny

Hopefully it will, just double check which Pokedex skin and C-Gear skin you are using and make sure it matches whats on the website, apply it all again if they are different then try to wake you pokemon up.

superjesus1

I tried all of the things listed, both technical and switching back to the C-gear skin i had before going into the dream world but i still get this same error code :( Could it be because i left the dream world without taking a befriended pokemon out with me? I haven't lost an important pokemon within the dream world but it does mean i can;t get Victini off the wifi! D:

I've tried both black and white in my DSi XL and my old DS lite but neither one is working - both dream world and WFC mystery gift connect to the wifi but then give me the 31020 error code - it's been like this for nearly 2 months now! :(