• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Error! No data found [PG13]

George~©

All Gravy
MeltingCORE: Vagueness of clothing may be an issue later on, but nonetheless Accepted.

Thanks for the complement on the story though. It took a while to come up with it, but I pieced things together and it all just made sense. :)

MeltingCORE

Woot! Thanks. I'll make sure to describe her more in depth when the RP starts.

Your welcome. I'm glad someone took the time to make a decent story. On most of the other forums I'm on, people make super generic RPs. It's nice to see a more in depth one for a change.

George~©

All Gravy
Whenever you have free time (doesn't have to be immediate), do you think you could make her dress sense sound a little more... old fashioned? Its just that the technology to make clothing is no longer accessible and has to be hand made. Also I'm assuming you're starting off in/near Pallet Town, right?

MeltingCORE

Sure, no problem. I'll do it tomorrow morning. (gotta go to bed in a few mins. school...)

And yes, I will be.

George~©

All Gravy
Ditto to that.

Flameswy, just for clarification, I can call your character 'Fin' for shortness, right? If so, it would be handy to mention that in your SU, but is not neccessary.

flameswy

Lord of Light
I refer to him as that a number of times, and think of him as that often.

so you could have got away with it with out me even noticing.

(Clumsy wording, I'm tired. )

XD

anyway, please do!

I'm also glad we have another pallet town citizen, I was worried it would be a super isolated rp for a while.

D:

Endarkened_Gardevoir

Darkling's Lullaby
I hope this guy'll be acceptable... he's a little, odd shall we say?

Name: Renner Voisin

Appearance: Renner stands at about five ten, nearly five eleven, and weighs in at 220 pounds. He's lightly muscled, more in the fashion of a runner then a fighter, and his skin is a dusky tan, indicating possible mixed heritage. His hair is a dull red, mainly because washing it is an infrequent event, but when clean it is almost the color of a cherry (The natural fruit not the preserved maraschino type.), and falls raggedly to the middle of his back. His bangs often fall into his hazel eyes, and partly cover a heavy scar at his temple. His clothing consists of a heavy, homespun and undyed linen shirt, covered by a 'vest' of chainmail over which he wears a crudely made brown leather trenchcoat. His pants consist of similar leather, and he wears boots made from hide strips that basically wrap around his legs and are tied closed. He also carries an ancient, almost black Skarmory feather sword, using it to protect himself as well as his Pokemon.

Personality: Renner has an almost manic air and energy about him, giving him a sense of wild, spastic and uncontrolled motion even when he's standing still. He talks in a quick, almost jerky fashion, and his smiles, while frequent, are knife sharp, fast, and more then a little crazy looking. Renner also rarely blinks, so many people find talking to him unnerving, even though he never loses the thread of a conversation. He occasionally tends to hop from point a in a conversation to point c, skipping over point b entirely and leaving others struggling to catch up.

Renner isn't crazy, though, despite what his body language and facial expressions tend to tell others. He's quite aware of the dangers around him, frequently angry at the gods for allowing this to happen, and often wondering about his place in a world that seems to him to be slowly dying. Mostly, he wants to understand what's going on, and why it couldn't have been prevented. He's not reckless about that, however, and prefers to stay away from places that he's unlikely to return from.

Renner does have episodes, but they stem from the scar on his temple and his forgotten memories. He dreams of lands far away, of a port city and a boat, of dark nights and occasionally in flashes darker things, and of screams and the taste of salty water. Renner often wakes up in a raging mood from these dreams, and he is highly phobic about any water deeper then his waist that's not in a bathtub, and over his head? Forget it, he'll panic before he gets deeper then a foot.

History: Renner's history before he was nine is a forgotten blur, with what little he can grasp of it pieced together as much from facts as from what he actually remembers. He was found on the coast and brought to Pallet Town, in shock and only muttering the phrase, 'The voiced sin attacked.' Attempts to wash him caused screaming fits; though eventually they managed to get him clean enough to prevent any infection in the wound on his temple. When asked his name, he remembered only Renner, and not whether it was his first or last name. The officers in charge of him took to calling him Renner Voiced Sin as a means of identification, though the last two were eventually combined into Voisin to prevent upsetting him or other people. The only items found with Renner and eventually returned to him were the Skarmory feather sword and a Pokeball containing the then Vulpix Laceration, who appeared to belong to Renner, but the Pokecenter in Pewter had no information on her.

From the wreckage that washed ashore with and after Renner, the officer's determined that one of the great cruise ships appeared to have been assaulted and sunk, most likely in their opinion by a sudden encounter with a Gyrados pod, and Renner surviving due to the wound on his head knocking him out. The rapidly scarring wound and the mental trauma of seeing people torn apart were no doubt responsible for the memory loss, they concluded. Renner continued to deny the likelihood of the Gyrados pod, however, and the ships sent out to investigate failed to return.

When the Corrupted began surfacing and spreading, Renner went into hysterics. He might remember little else, but he remembered them, and feared them like he feared little else except deep water. While the world went mad around him, Renner found cold comfort in being right. From survivors of Celadon city he bartered for an evolution stone and evolved Laceration into a Ninetails, and eventually he took to wandering off short distances, coming back first with Viperation the Pawniard and then Absolution the Eevee, both of whom later evolved, Viperation into Bisharp and Absolution into Espeon. As of recent, Renner has taken to wandering farther and farther, though he avoids the dangerous places as much as possible.

Other: Likes sweets, and will try just about any food at least once.

Pokemon:

Species: Ninetails
Nickname: Laceration
Personality: Laceration is a quiet pokemon, but she's absolutely vicious when attacked or attacking. She likes to watch people, though she fears most other Pokemon, with the possible exceptions of Viperation and Absolution.
History: Laceration was found with Renner, and was very young. She was most likely bred for, but she has been Renner's for as long as both she and he remember. Laceration doesn't like or trust most other Pokemon, having grown up with the Corrupted running amuck, but she's willing to fight for Renner.

Species: Bisharp
Nickname: Viperation
Personality: Kill first, jump up and down on the corpse later is Viperation's motto. He is point down range and wish well in personality, and is very obsessive about his and Renner's safety, with Laceration and Absolution's as an afterthought. He really doesn't spend much time out of his ball if not in battle.
History: Viperation belonged to a trainer from Lavender Town who was on her first journey when the Corrupted began appearing, who released all of her Pokemon in terror at the thought of what they could become. He wandered far and wide, hating the Corrupted for coming and, in his view, ruining his life. When he first spotted Laceration, he attacked blindly without checking to see if she was Corrupted or not, which he has come to regard as a mistake since it got him captured again. Renner interests him since he doesn’t consider Viperation to be wrong in attacking first, so Viperation likes to make sure his current trainer is safe.

Species: Espeon
Nickname: Absolution
Personality: Absolution is calm and unhurried in contrast to the other two Pokemon belonging to Renner, her mind is always scanning for dangers about them. Renner’s mind is the only place Absolution does not try to actively read, because she fears awakening his memories and hurting him.
History: Absolution was the runt of her litter, and never understood why her sire didn’t return and her dam moved them from the first den. She kept moving them, then one day she chased them away. Absolution ran until she tired, and never realized she’d ventured into human lands until Renner caught her. She later came to understand about the Corrupted, and that her mother had moved them so often trying to keep away from them. She takes her duty to guard the rest of them on the psychic plane very seriously, and cares deeply for them all.

Last edited:

George~©

All Gravy
Just reading over it now, but the last two pokemon have the nickname and species mixed up. I lol'ed.

Endarkened_Gardevoir

Darkling's Lullaby
Just reading over it now, but the last two pokemon have the nickname and species mixed up. I lol'ed.

Whoops, my bad. I'm used to it being the nickname first and species second. *Goes to fix.*

George~©

All Gravy
Endarkened Gardevoir: I really like it, and I'll have plans for Renner. Accepted.

But just one thought. Whats a Gyarados pod...? I'm a ****ing retard and I don't think things through.

Aura Wolfe

Name: Amy Lynch
Appearance: A little on the short side, Amy’s most obvious feature is her hair, because it is a shade of brilliant red and tends to make her stand out in a crowd. It flows about halfway down her back, and is normally pulled back in a loose ponytail, as it gets in the way a lot and there are more important things to spend her money on than a haircut. Her eyes are light blue in colour, and seem to be sharp and active, a direct contrast to the rest of her body, which is pale, thin and seems exhausted.

Her clothes these days are very simple, often consisting of a blouse worn under a plain dress. Her current favourite clothes to wear is a high necked white blouse, with the sleeves folded up to her elbows to try and avoid getting them too dirty. Over the top of this, she wears a dark brown dress that comes down to just above her knees, and it is loose for the ease of movement. The stitching on it is quite visible, being a bright blue, and it also has a stripe of the same colour around the bottom. Being a button up, a line of silver buttons comes down the front of the dress. She often goes shoeless when just around her house, but when trekking over long distances, she has a pair of sturdy dark brown shoes. She always carries around a case, filled with various pencils, paper, and very detailed drawings of multiple Pokemon. Around her neck is a silver necklace with a tiny figure of Mew.

Personality: Amy is a perfectionist. She cannot stand doing something, and not getting it a hundred percent right. She strives to do everything perfectly and realistically, even if it’s not within her ability to achieve at that level. She’s often very harsh on herself if she cannot get things right in her mind, and is constantly re-doing things, just to get them right. She’s often thrown out drawings that many would consider amazing, just because of a few lines in the wrong place, or because it just doesn’t look right.

She has a lot of trouble deciding upon an exact course of action most of the time, because she doesn’t want to spend time doing a task again, and doesn’t want to risk getting it wrong if once it’s done, it’s done. So Amy always tries to study every option and point of view before doing something, so she can decide upon the best one. Because of this, some people think of her as slow, but this would be incorrect, as her mind can move very quickly when she needs it too, like when being attacked. In such situations, her instincts lead her to attack quickly, powerfully, and then get out of there.

Amy can come across as being a slightly mysterious kind of woman, which is something she likes and takes pride in. She’ll have conversations with people, and she will leave them feeling slightly mystified, and almost as if she’s hiding something from them. This comes from the fact that she isn’t really comfortable talking about herself and what she thinks. She rarely gives insight into what she’s thinking, and often lets her face become an emotionless mask, just to hide her thoughts from people. This doesn’t mean that she’s shy or anything, and she’s quite happy to have conversations with people, it’s more that if they try to ask her about herself, she’ll dance around the question, and try to avoid it in any way possible.

Being a part of a religion based around Pokemon, she believes that they (Pokemon) are the superior species, and is always very respectful towards them. She believes that Legendary Pokemon are deities, gods if you want, and they watch over certain parts of nature. This religion also believes that certain Legendary’s watch over certain people that they favour, with Amy’s being Mew. She often prays to it for guidance and protection. However, she views the Missingno’s as being a curse, in the way that they kill Pokemon, and would love to be able to get rid of them, preferably saving the Pokemon in the process.

History: Amy was born in Lavender Town to a couple who worked with the dead, although in different ways. Her father preformed autopsies on those who had died mysteriously, while her religious mother held special ceremonies for the dead, to please the spirits. So the young girl grew up being exposed to both scientific and spiritual ideals, and for a while, she accepted both, but as she grew older, she knew that she couldn’t really believe in both ideas, and started to pray with her mother to the various Pokemon deities.

It became apparent early on that she had an artistic flare, as she could often be found just sitting, drawing objects. As she progressed, it became apparent that her talent was drawing things she could see realistically, almost copying the details of the object onto paper. Her favourite things to draw quickly became Pokemon, and she dreamt about going out and drawing newly discovered Pokemon. But she then remembered that they had cameras which could do that anyway, and discarded this dream.

At the age of ten, her parents both agreed that she should have a Pokemon for a companion. However the two had a bit of an argument over which Pokemon she should have in the first place. Her mother wanted her to have a spiritual Pokemon, such as a Mismagius, while her father wanted her to have a scientific Pokemon, like Polygon. In the end, she suggested the Pokemon Ditto, which could turn into both of these Pokemon. Satisfied with this compromise, a few days later Amy received her own Ditto, which she named Cobalt after her current favourite TV character.

The two of them got along very well, and Amy discovered that Cobalt could change his form into various Pokemon, provided that he could see them perfectly. With that knowledge, she one day drew a detailed picture of a Pokemon she’d seen on TV, called a Rotom. Having drawn it from every angle, she asked Cobalt to turn into Rotom. To her parents surprise when they came home, they found their daughter happily playing around with a Rotom who was taking great delight in possessing the TV.

A few weeks after this, when Amy was twelve, Pokemon started to turn into strange creatures with red eyes around Lavender town and the rest of Kanto. These strange creatures, called Missingno’s, attacked the Pokemon Tower, much to Amy and her mother’s horror. It was a sacred shrine to the dead, and must not be touched by evil spirits, lest the dead would not find rest. Telling her husband and her daughter to flee, Amy’s mother went to try and protect the tower. After taking his daughter to the nearby Saffron City, Amy’s father went back to Lavender Town, to try and find his wife. Neither of them have been heard from again, so Amy assumes that they died trying to defend the tower.

She lived with Cobalt and some other orphaned children for a while, but as attacks from Lavender Town increased, she moved to Celadon which was quickly becoming rather fortified. There, she lived on the streets for a while, sleeping where she could, but she never turned to thievery, but rather she gained money off drawing pictures and selling them. While this only earned her a little at first, as electronic devices became outlawed, her little income increased, because cameras were also banned. Nowdays, she gains enough money so that she can afford a room in a small building in Celadon Fortress, where she has a studio for anyone seeking a painting.

Pokemon:
Species: Ditto
Nickname: Cobalt
Personality: A bit eccentric, Cobalt has a fascination for all things man made, from televisions to carts. He especially loves artwork, and can spend long periods of time studying them, which helps with Amy’s way of getting him to change forms. He remembers certain Pokemon forms more than others, and can often have great difficulty turning into Pokemon that he’s never seen before, drawn on paper. However, there are three Pokemon which he can turn into without needing to see a picture, because the images have been burned into his mind. These three are Jolteon, Whimsicott and Chansey. Turning into Pokemon other than these three however do take him a lot of time, and really aren’t practical in battle. He can be a bit of a clown sometimes, and while he cannot speak to Amy, he will sit patiently and listen to anything she tells him.
History: He was born as an egg in the Daycare Centre on Route 3, and put up for adoption after living there for a while. He was adopted and given to Amy by her parents, and has lived with her ever since.

MeltingCORE

>>Sorry, just had to comment: sweet, another artist character! (except artistry seems to be your girl's main points and it's just my girl's hobby.)

*jumps away*

George~©

All Gravy
Aura Wolfe, I'll read over that tomorrow, its 3am for me.

George~©

All Gravy
Aura Wolfe: I really REALLY like your character, and the way you have built on her to revolve around the story, like the thing about Camera's being banned. Well done to you. Definitely Accepted.

At some point this week I'll put the main RP thread up. I'll post here with a link to it when I do.

If anybody has questions about the RP, don't hesitate to ask, by the way.

Last edited:

MeltingCORE

Everyone's characters are great so far. I have a feeling this will be a good RP.

Le musing: I'm guessing, based on my own character's Pokemon, that Rotom and Persian will be weaker fighters and Scizor will be a better fighter and therefore have better attacks. (okay, now i'm just talking to myself.)

Ok, so I got it: Scizor will be the seasoned fighter out of my group since she was Mei-Mei's father's Pokemon and he trained her.

George~©

All Gravy
Persian has the best movepool out of your pokemon, it being normal type, but Scizor is the stronger pokemon. Type effectiveness still applies to Corrupted pokemon, so it varies.

Also, remember that Characters, can die. So don't be reckless. You'll have to make wise decisions to protects yourself. Also, without the protection of Pokeballs, your pokemon Can become corrupted. So if your pokemon faints, it is a big deal. Again, you'll have to make wise decisions.

I agree with MeltingCORE in the fact that all of the characters seem to be awesome thus far. Hopefully we can get a few more people interested and get this RP underway.

One thing I would like to add if possible is that Crumbs would keep all of his Pokemon except for Rodan outside of their balls ONLY at the beginning while he is still within the fortress. I would like to have it so that they are all out safely within their hideout. Once he leaves Celadon, however, he balls them all up for travel, and then it would become the chess match of intelligent Pokemon use. Also, will other players be allowed to join while the RP is in action? I am just thinking that this could be a fantastic RP that would probably drum up more interest once the players are active, and as players can be eliminated it might be a good idea. Thanks!

MeltingCORE

Also, remember that Characters, can die. So don't be reckless. You'll have to make wise decisions to protects yourself. Also, without the protection of Pokeballs, your pokemon Can become corrupted. So if your pokemon faints, it is a big deal. Again, you'll have to make wise decisions.

Its like a strategy game... *cracks knuckles* I must plan!

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
HOLY GOD. I have to join this. It reminds me of a virtual reality sort of thing, minus the virtual. But the corruption...it makes me think of computers and games and stuff. Like as if instead of it being "the real world" all the characters were in a video game or something. I don't even know how to desribe my excitement...I just have to join!

Name: Leif Gregory

Age: 15 (I wanted his age to fit his personality more. If you mean inbetween 15-30, as in no 15 or 30 year olds, I will gladly raise it to 16).

Appearance: Leif is tall and skinny for his age. If he did not tell you his age, people would normally assume he is sixteen or seventeen. Despite the times nowadays, he is strickingly very pale. It's really rather unknown why he is so pale, but everyone is just so used to it they don't even bother to ask questions. His hair is a rusty, almost chesnut colored brown. His eyes are a much darker shade of brown, almost black looking. His appearance makes people laugh, as they say he looks like his Cubone.

His shirt is brown with long sleaves. They were obviously and clumsily hand sewn by his mother, as the arms legs are much too long for him, the rest in uneven, and it's not sturdy to protect from the cold during winter times. He wears elbow pads, knee caps, and grey gloves for heavy duties. This includes fending of corrupted Pokemon Said extra items managed to survive the accident, however they are torn and broken in come places. He rugged, brown, loose pants. Much like his shirt, the legs are too long and it was very clumsily sewn my his mother.

Personality: Leif is a horribly shy person for his own age. He dislikes talking to anyone but his Cubone. He's naive and some what of a "scaredy cat". Being his town is actually rather well protected, he has never actually seen a corrupted Pokemon before. If one managed to invade the town, it would be disposed of rather quickly, leaving Leif confused about the horror that coldly gripped everyone's faces. Leif is rather insensitive. He doesn't actually know how to treat people, only Pokemon, which is hard because of the few Pokemon that lived in his town. Those of which were primarily Rock-types, which Leif strongly disliked.

Leif has a huge phobia of Rock-type Pokemon. It's rather curious why he does, being the Rock-types are the ones who defend his town from danger. For some reason though, Leif does, which makes it really hard to live life calmly in Pewter, as almost everyone has a Rock-type. The only other types seen were Flying-types, Normal-types, and Poison-types. Usually. Unless someone new happened to enter the town, but what was the chance of that happening?

History: Leif doesn't really remember the attacks. He was only five at the time. He vaguly remembers a lot of screaming and shouting, even the smell of death in the air. But that was all he remembered. The wall has been up since he could remember.

Leif was born in Pewter Stronghold, Pewter City at the time. He lived rather cheerfully. Generally, there were little to no problems in his otherwise happy lifetime. Except one. Rock-types.

Leif, for his third birthday, was given a pet Caterpie, newly caught from Viridian Forest. The Caterpie was sweet, gentle, and rather timid. Leif was young at the time, but no matter what he loved his Caterpie. One day however, his father decided to bring him to work. His father worked at Pewter Gym. There happened to be a robbery that day, and whoever the robber was was prepared to fight. They had broughten along a Golem. Said Golem squished and killed poor Leif's new Caterpie, and nearly killed Leif himself. Thanks to an unknown Water-type user, the Golem was defeated and Leif was saved. The Water-type user became Leif's idol, and he remembers her appearance to this day. She had orange colored hair and wore blue. Despite being saved, the loss of his Caterpie and almost his life scarred Lief forever.

Now skipping forward, to Leif in the present. His father, despite the incident, still works for Brock. His job is to help defend the town. Being it is known that they will die some day, any children of Brock's in-town friends and clients were advised to have their children trained to take their places one day. Leif trains vigorously...well not really. He hardly trains.

Leif had no known siblings, to his parents' distress.
Other: N/A.

Pokemon:
Species: Cubone
Nickname: Bonsai
Personality: Bonsai has a steriotypical Cubone personality, he's rather lonely. Especially if Leif is not with him for some reason. He's very playful and energetic, which stresses Leif out awfully much. He enjoys playing with Rock-types and just having fun in general, which is a huge problem, and it means that if Lief wants to train, he may not be able to. Bonsai is very sweet though, and shares all of his good and best moments with Leif. Because of their lack of training Bonsai has not yet evolved.
History: Leif did not actually catch Bonsai. During the robbery inccident when Leif was a child, the unknown Water-type user felt guilty that Leif no longer had a Pokemon. She explained that she accidently caught Bonsai (Which was a lie) and had no use for him, and that Leif could have him. Leif, despite his distress at the time, was very excited. The Water-type user left, never to be seen by Leif again. Bonsai and Leif, however, became the closest of friends. With Cubone's rather nice defense, it helped aide in the inccident.

---
For areas, what about Viridian Forest?

Last edited: