• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Error! No data found [PG13]

Ashbug22

Master Trainer
Could I reseve a spot? I have a few things I have to go work on first but I could not possibly resist this plot.

Aura Wolfe

@FiretheAbsolLord: In the first post, it says in there somewhere that the forest was demolished for easy traveling between Viridian and Pewter. I hope that helps.

EDIT: This is the bit where it says that:

Vididian Village:
An attack a few years ago had left the cityruined, but is gradually returning to a habitable state. There are no longer large buldings, but instead, small huts and some makeshift houses built from the ruins of the city itself. There are guard posts on the outskirts of the village, by Pallet town and the route to the Indigo Plateau. Corrupted pokemon sometimes appear here, but not particularly often. Viridian Forest has been destroyed to allow easy access to Pewter Stronghold.

@Midgeorge: Thanks for the compliment, and I hope I enjoy the PRP as much as I believe I am going to.

Last edited:

George~©

All Gravy
Ashbug22: Reserved.

FiretheAbsolLord: I'll read over your SU once I get back from college.

DragonRush: Thats fine. But I want to keep the fluidity of the RPG, and staying in one place for a while makes for a boring story. Maybe I'll be lenient, maybe I'll burn your farm down. You never know whats going to happen :p.

Thats what the Black Glove did in an RP he created a while ago. I stayed in one place for 2 posts so he burned my house down.

And also yes the SU's will not be closed unless a ridiculous amount of people have joined, and not died. You can re-create characters if they die, but they must not be the same as the character that died.

Last edited:

George~©

All Gravy
FiretheAbsolLord: The clothing sounds far too modern at the moment. You say you're wearing rugged jeans, but there is no more modern clothing, and the last time you would've had jeans was maybe when you were 5. They wouldn't fit you now. Change that and you'll be accepted, but for now, Pending.

Oh, and alongside the governing board, theres a Queen who resides in Celadon... I dunno, I just keep getting idea's which I haven't implemented into the RP yet. Well, yeah, theres a Queen now.

Last edited:

flameswy

Lord of Light
Uh, I have a question.

Just what is the danger level of traveling? I'm thinking of having Fin travel around pallet out skirts in my first post, but I don't want him to die right away.

D:

Are corrupted rattatas still only as tough as Normal ratatas? Also, any pokemon can be corrupted from a single blow? Or do they have to faint first? I cant see Any one dying/losing a pokemon in any of the starting zones if so.....

How exactly is this working...?

:D

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Alright, I kind of edited it. I've never really been the best at clothing in general, so sorry.

DragonRush: Thats fine. But I want to keep the fluidity of the RPG, and staying in one place for a while makes for a boring story. Maybe I'll be lenient, maybe I'll burn your farm down. You never know whats going to happen :p.

Excellent. I am planning to get him out of there in the first post actually, I just wanted that peice of info to be there for him for the beginning. Really looking forward to this.

George~©

All Gravy
Uh, I have a question.

Just what is the danger level of traveling? I'm thinking of having Fin travel around pallet out skirts in my first post, but I don't want him to die right away.

D:

Are corrupted rattatas still only as tough as Normal ratatas? Also, any pokemon can be corrupted from a single blow? Or do they have to faint first? I cant see Any one dying/losing a pokemon in any of the starting zones if so.....

How exactly is this working...?

:D

This all depends on the area you're travelling in. For instance, you're living in Pallet Town, so the chances are you will see Corrupted Pokemon, but, answering your other question, they will be relatively weak, such as Rattata's. Corrupted pokemon must faint your pokemon before proceeding to take over their body by transferring the virus. However, the Missingno's themselves can corrupt your pokemon by simply covering your pokemons entire body, overtaking it. They have incredible endurance, but are very slow moving, so as long as you keep them at range, you're safe.

Substances are very rare in area's further away from Fuschia Ruins and Cinnabar. So Pallet town will occasionally see them, however the Lavender Boneyard and any area near the Fuschia ruins will have more of them.

FiretheAbsolLord: Not sure what the elbow pads etc. are there for, but nevertheless, Accepted.

Last edited:

Ashbug22

Master Trainer
Name: Kiya Heart

Appearance: Height: tall for a woman at 5’10”, Weight: She is thin but muscular and strong. Though she is thin and muscular she is not overly so in either direction. She in fact has natural curves into a hour glass shape. Kiya has long brown hair that turns gold-ish auburn-ish in the sun. She doesn’t do much with her hair but brush it and let it naturally wave its self into a mass of curly ringlets. People don’t spend much time on their appearances now though Pewter isn’t as bad as other places. There people are as close to normal standards as possible in Kanto. Her eyes are light brown with odd deep hints of red and touches of amber gold. Her eyes are large but almond shaped with long black eye lashes framing them. Her face is more heart shaped with high cheek bones and a feminine yet angular jaw. Her skin is naturally light but very golden from hours a day in the sun.

Kiya wears a very simple dress made of regular materials. The only extravagant part about it is the vibrant red color. The bottom cuts off normally a few inches above the knee at about mid thigh. The dress hugs her body flatteringly throughout the dress as her best friend Maya tailored it herself. The top is simple spaghetti straps that show some cleavage. She wears average size silver hoop earrings with a matching anklet. Both of these articles are not something most would have nor dare to have. However Kiya is in a higher ranked position being the daughter of Professor Heart. Things are a little more stable for her and Pewter is fairly tame due to the leadership of Brock, the gym leader. Most in Kanto outfit themselves in battle wear but it isn’t as necessary in Pewter. Usually the people who dressed in that manor were the ones who protected the walls. Kiya wears riding boots that cut off a few inches below the knee. The are a simple gray color.

Kiya does however have a thin leather band tied around her upper thigh that conceals a small and simple dagger she bought for protection. When Kiya explores or goes foraging out side the walls (as she often volunteers to do) she wears far more protection. She carries a sword that she knows how to use well. Her worried and smart father made her take lessons from someone in town since the corruption started. Kiya has a silver chain with very small links around her waist to attach her poke balls and other item to for easy accessibility. On this belt is a small box filled with tiny throwing knifes. Kiya’s father also taught her to use these though she never took any formal lessons. She didn’t need them really, she has impeccable aim. On her two wrists her wears metal cuffs to block weapons if necessary. Kiya received all these items from her father over the years as gifts for special occasions.

Personality: Kiya got many characteristics from her reckless mother and careful father. She is naturally wild and rambunctious like her mom but still within reason like her Dad. She takes pride in people’s inability to control her though if one does manage to gain control over Kiya, she becomes practically as wild and ravenous as the corrupted pokemon are. Kiya has a craving for adventure and excitement tightly ingrained in her from birth. She must explore, see and do the new or she will go stir crazy.

Kiya has the spirit of a conqueror and the restlessness of one too. She would mount any challenge, in fact, she lives for challenges. She never backs down even when she knows she will loose. While she can be fool hardy in this way, she is also impeccably brave.

She has intense passion and spontaneity that is apparent from the moment you see her. She walks and talks with confidence and ease. However, Kiya is hard headed and occasionally a little naughty. If her need for excitement isn’t sustained, she will become mischievous out of necessity.

While she is strong, she is playful and fun loving. Kiya is either one of two extremes. She is playful happy go lucky Kiya in one moment and can be serious, dangerous Kiya the next. However that’s how one must be in a world such as this. One could be laughing with a friend one moment and the very next corrupted pokemon attack and one has to be ready. Kiya is sometimes wary of strangers depending on the situation, but very kind and tender to those she is close to and loves. However most do not ever see the tender hearted version of Kiya. Most see the dangerous hard leader of her own ideals and passion. The vivacious cut throat woman with a quick tempered tongue.

In all this heated intensity Kiya possesses she becomes rather reckless at times. When she lets her head get away from her she becomes careless. This usually happens when she lets things get to her, though she is usually quite tactful and cunning. Kiya has spice and tenacity that occasionally have her come off as harsh when she isn’t quite trying to sound as such. Her intentions are good but she might let pride and passion get in the way. She is sometimes quick to anger with a boiling rage that is quite frightening when seen at full capacity.

One might think that the situations of Kanto today would make Kiya a different person than she is. One might think it would cause her too be weak and scared like her best friend Maya. In truth, Kiya growing up this way has only made her naturally strong personality even stronger. It has brought out inner leadership instincts and care for people and pokemon in need. She takes on much of the role of the protector of the innocent and weak, though she isn’t the most perfect hero there is. Growing up in this place has made her more survivalist and heroic than she might have been, but not much can change people designed to be like Kiya is.

Another thing to know about Kiya is her “Mommy issues”. Being abandoned by her Mom from birth has left its mark on Kiya. Most other kids don’t even have one parent now a days but Kiya still sees it as injustice. She has felt extreme contempt for her mother as long as she has remembered. The worst part to Kiya is that she is so much like her mother. She tries to moderate herself as much as possible and tone her temper and taste for wrong doing down. It is only pure will power and loved ones that keeps her in line and on the hero side rather than villain. Her deepest fear is that she will hurt the people she loves in the same way that her mother hurt her. Kiya has the same yearning to shake things up as her Mom and carelessly do as she pleases, wrong or otherwise. Therefore Kiya intensely peruses justice and doing what is right to counter act these tendencies. However slipping into evil could be as easy thing if not kept under careful watch. Kiya is like a magnet for danger.

History: Kiya was born and raised in Pewter city with her Dad, a single father. Her mother, Jetta had been a wild and rambunctious teenager who had her daughter at age six-teen. This brought great shame to Jetta’s family. The whole city knew about it almost as soon as it happened because Jetta’s father had been the mayor of the town at the time. Soon after the word of Jetta’s pregnancy was out, he resigned from his position. The latest rumor of the time was that the father of the child was a promising local scientist who would later become of world resound recognition. Since this rumor was proven to be true, Kiya’s birth was quite the juicy scandal for the many who heard. Jetta disappeared as soon as she gave birth to Kiya. Some say Jetta never even held Kiya, some say she stayed a few hours but no one really knows the truth. Or, perhaps no one has ever told the truth about it all. Either way, Kiya was dumped upon her father: Professor Heart. Jetta’s parents saw little Kiya as a reminder of their shame. While they occasionally met on holidays and always sent birthday cards, they could not be bothered to try and get custody: they are much too important.

Kiya’s father, Eric was an odd match for Jetta. He is cautious, responsible and reasonable. Jetta was the daughter of very important, imposing and judgmental people trying to prove herself free and unlike her parents. Ironic that her daughter would do the very same for Jetta. She was the daughter of the mayor by day, party girl by night. He dotted every I and crossed very T. He was a genius at age seven teen and was interning at the Museum in Pewter where he would later become the lead scientist and make many discoveries that would help others world-wide. She always had an interest in him and he in her. There is a lot of rumors about how this actually happened but most of them are ridiculous or don’t add up. Eric did prove to be a good father though. He never married as he felt it was his responsibility to raise his daughter and focus his attentions on her since she had no Mother. Since Kiya could remember she would constantly watch league championships on TV with her father. They often bonded through their love of pokemon. Their difference was that he loved to study them and Kiya liked the action of battle, just like her mother.

Kiya dreamt like almost every other child of being the Pokemon master. She would often times go with her father to the lab and museum to work with the pokemon kept there. Kiya would have fake pokemon battles with her child hood friend Maya who was very meek. Kiya constantly dragged Maya into situations and got her to do things out of her comfort zone. Maya was a year older than Kiya but Kiya was still always the more dominate one of the two. Maya decided to even post pone her traditional pokemon journey a year to wait and go on it with Kiya. The day that all of Kanto turned up side down was exactly one month from Kiya’s tenth birthday. Kiya and Maya were doing nothing but preparing when the pokemon attacked everyone and everything. Kiya and Maya were saved by Eric who ran them into the depths of the Lab for protection. The incident was a huge scare for everyone and the Gym leader Brock quickly organized plans for the city’s soon to be most powerful asset: the walls. Pewter city quickly became the Pewter Strong hold as many other areas were being over run. Pewter didn’t get as many pokemon attacks so it was able to raise it’s walls up unlike other areas constantly being over ran.

Kiya grew up quickly like all the other kids of that generation. Some building still stood but were beaten down by some ugly pokemon invasions. The walls held strong thanks to the constant steam of repairs. In order to survive in this city, one had to have a job. Some worked on repairs of the walls with their rock and fighting type pokemon. Some kept guard against corrupted pokemon and others searched and assigned newcomers different jobs. Those with grass and water type pokemon often worked on the small gardens in the town and the more robust trainers went out to safer areas to forage for food. Food and water was handed only to those who had jobs. All this was organized by who was essentially the new mayor because he had taken charge: Brock. The only reason the city ran fairly lawfully was due to his guidance. Eric was a special exception to the job choices. He was a close personal friend to Brock and did research all day on the corrupted pokemon and how to fix this. Children usually helped their parents with their jobs so Maya was often working in the gardens while Kiya helped her father. Eric was among a select few who help delegate the city due to Brock recognition of his strong character. As Kiya grew up many began to recognize her the natural fire she has just like her mom but being put to a positive use. Brock quickly saw her leadership skills and appointed her into a position to help delegate the city when she turned eight-teen. However he keeps close attention to her, as he knew her mom too.

Kiya still has hope for a better world: the world of her child hood. She wants more than anything else to change things; she will go to all lengths to do this. Kiya doesn’t have any direction now on how she can do this other that to keep working on research but she is getting tired of simply doing so. She craves taking action to make a difference. The question is how.

Other: Her friends call her “Fire Cracker” due to Kiya having an incident with a fire cracker and also because her spunky, heated personality. This nick name eventually evolved into “Fire” because people are too lazy to pronounce “Cracker”.

The not so perfect heroine.

Pokemon:

Species: Charizard
Nickname: Charmer
Personality: Charizard is very much like it’s trainer. This may have been why Kiya instantly knew she wanted it. Charizard is very quick to anger and tenacious in nature. It enjoys being naughty but tries it’s best to do what is right. Charizard is Kiya’s perfect partner and they are so in tune with each other that they act like each other. It takes pride in it’s great strength and fighting ability.
History: Charizard started off as one of the three pokemon available for Kiya to choose to start her journey. Her father hunted down a Charmander, bulbisar and a squirtle especially for this because he said that he once knew someone who had these pokemon and Eric greatly respected him. Eric wanted this to pass on to Kiya so he got these pokemon specifically so he paid the day care couple to breed them. Maya waited to get her pokemon with Kiya and got the bashful Bulbisar while Kiya chose the firey Charmander. Eric kept the cool squirtle for himself to raise into a blastoise. Though Kiya couldent end up going on her journey because of the corrupted pokemon she was still given her pokemon. Charmander proved to be Kiya’s greatest friend as they had each other’s backs on countless occasions. The two are inseparable and are almost identical in personality since they spend so much time together, though charmander always had these natural tendencies. Charmander has great respect and love for its trainer that has caused undying loyalty. After ten years charmander has evolved all the way into a Charizard after saving Kiya from countless corrupted pokemon and hard training each day to which Kiya conducts. It is trained each day by Kiya to be a dangerous battler.

Species: Dragonair
Nickname: Star Shine
Personality: Very held back and reserved. Dragonair is always on the defense and quick to attack if it feels threatened. It doesn’t really like any people or pokemon and is very scared of the new world it has come into. However it does take pride in its elegance, grace and beauty.
History: Dragonair was actually a fossil from long ago, as it’s species goes back a long ways. Dragonair was born in very early Kanto and raised by a ruthless young man who only craved power and would go to any lengths to get it. The young man caught Dragonair as a Dratini in it’s birthing pond. He raised it to a Dragonair in his fight for power, valuing it because of it’s strength. Some natural disaster happened that caused Dragonair to fossilize. Eric uncovered this fossil millions of years later in a far off land. He brought it back to Kanto long ago and brought the fossil back to life a year before the corrupted pokemon attacked. He used technology he invented at the lab to bring it to life. He taught the pokemon that people could be good and got it to soften up. When Kiya was 15 he gave her the Dragonair because it had developed a preference toward her more than anyone else. This was highly unusual for Dragonair to become close to anyone. It is trained each day by Kiya to be a vicious battler.

Species: Egg
Nickname: unknown
Personality: unknown, but the egg moves occasionally
History: The egg was given to Kiya as an early 20th birthday gift from her father since her birthday is in a month. He will not say a word as to how he got it because it is a surprise. The gift included a pokeball.

flameswy

Lord of Light
This all depends on the area you're travelling in. For instance, you're living in Pallet Town, so the chances are you will see Corrupted Pokemon, but, answering your other question, they will be relatively weak, such as Rattata's. Corrupted pokemon must faint your pokemon before proceeding to take over their body by transferring the virus. However, the Missingno's themselves can corrupt your pokemon by simply covering your pokemons entire body, overtaking it. They have incredible endurance, but are very slow moving, so as long as you keep them at range, you're safe.

Substances are very rare in area's further away from Fuschia Ruins and Cinnabar. So Pallet town will occasionally see them, however the Lavender Boneyard and any area near the Fuschia ruins will have more of them.

Thanks, that makes sense.

XD

I was worried for a second there.

George~©

All Gravy
This seems like a 'Who can make the best Sign Up' competition. xD

Ashbug22: Very much Accepted.

Ashbug22

Master Trainer
Thank you midgeorge, I can’t wait to start! I read over all the other characters now too and I do believe we have a promising cast.

George~©

All Gravy
Thank you midgeorge, I can’t wait to start! I read over all the other characters now too and I do believe we have a promising cast.

I know, it seems like everyone that has signed up is either Semi-Experienced, or very experienced, judging by the sign ups. I'll be putting the RP up some time this week.

Xander Kaiser

Any cookies up here?
Alright, I'm hooked. Can I get a reserve please? Will probably post a SU tomorrow, or tonight, if I can concentrate.