• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Escape From PokeTopia: Sign Up!

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
I would like to keep everyone at a limit of one, but if the last couple of spots don't get filled in the next couple of days, then you can make a second character, ONLY IF:
*The new character is in a different Sector than the other one,
*Your two characters are different types (please don't say that Rock + Ground are different types; I know they are, but they're so similar to each other, in this RP I count them as the same type; these are the only types that count for this rule)
*Your two characters are absolute strangers to each other, just like everyone else will be when we start, AND
*Your two characters are not carbon copies of each other (I've seen this happen on another sight, and I don't want it to happen here)

Also, please note that the rules for entering a second character are more strict than for the first. Here are the rules that have slightly different guidelines:

1) When entering, please note that I give strikes for your entered character. Basically, this means for every spelling (ggoold instead of gold, etc), grammatical (he do like pie instead of he does like pie, etc), and punctuation error (Hello my name is Bob What's your name I like to eat cake instead of Hello, my name is Bob. What's your name? I like to eat cake.) your character will get one strike. They will also get a strike for things like being under the sentence limit, having cliché personalities, or "opposing personalities", as I call them (this is saying she's a bully in one part, and nice to everyone in the second).

2) Once your character gets 10 strikes, they are denied, and you loose your privilege of a second character. If the first time I check over it, your character has 3 or less strikes, they are accepted. If they have anywhere between 4-9, you will get ONE AND ONLY ONE chance to decrease your strikes down to 3 or less. If you mess it up, you've used your chance.

3) All the sentence guidelines and such in the SU are still in place; if you go under the sentence limit, you get one strike for each sentence you went under. So, if you only have 8 sentences for History, you would get 2 strikes because the sentence MINIMUM is 10. We all know that 10-8=2, right?

There will be something called "Extra Credit". This has its own rules/guidelines, listed below.

Basics: Extra Credit is a way to lessen your strikes. If I see something that I especially like, you can be rewarded extra credit for it. However, there are some special rules, though.

1) I will award EC to anyone who does a good job on their sign up, and has more than 4 strikes, but the extra credit would bring it down to 3 or less. *Note: this usually applies only to people who made minor grammatical errors. If you have a History that's only 3 sentences, even if your Personality is 15, your EC will not be counted, and your character will most likely be denied.

2) If your character has 3 or less strikes before EC, there is no reason to give it, because a person with 1 strike won't get any more privileges than a person with 3.

3) Once you hit ten strikes, even if you have EC, you will be denied because if in 1 small post you have ten errors or mistakes, then this RP is probably not fit for you.

4) I won't tell you what I award EC for; but if I post to someone and tell them they've received EC for something, nobody else can receive EC for that type of thing; this is to prevent characters from becoming copies of each other. For example (I have already commended someone for this, so don't use anything similar, unless it's an important part of their Personality; you just won't get EC for it), if someone were to say something about one of the rulers that demonstrates to me they read and understand the little tidbits about one of them, EC would be rewarded.

From this post forward, you may post a second character if your first has been approved. If you are a new person reading this, your first character must be approved before you can post a second.

...Longest Quick Reply ever!

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Oops, my mistake; you guys can make one now, if you do so wish. Sorry for the confusion, TotalPotato, and to anyone else this may have confused.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Sweetness! Thanks, I was torn between these two characters.

Name: Taylon

Species: Buizel

Ability: Swift Swim

Moves: Aqua Tail, Slash, Sonic Boom, Quick Attack

Sector of PokeTopia: Eastern

Appearance: Taylon looks much like a normal buizel, with a few exceptions. On the end of each tail is a black tip, and his "thumbs" share the same marking. He also has a black circle around his left eye. He's a taller than usual, standing at 2' 9", but weighs the same at 65 lbs. He also wears a black scarf. He has deep blue eyes, and if he's in his darker moods, his eyes are even darker. His canines are a bit longer than normal buizels. He also has a scar on his left paw from getting caught on some sharp rocks.

History: Taylon was born an only child to two Floatzel (Miara and Leon). He wanted to make as many friends as possible, but because of his "intimidating" appearance, many of his fellow young buizel wouldn't come near him. This made Taylon a bit angrier at others, but he kept it bottled inside him as he went on his way. One day, as he was walking, he saw a group of buizel laughing with each other. Taylon attempted to make friends with them, but was shoved away and laughed at because of his odd markings. Taylon's temper flared a bit, and he dove into the nearby river. However, he wasn't watching where he was going and caught his paw on some sharp rocks. He was eventually able to get free, but has had a marking there ever since. Months later, he met a mudkip with a long scar running down his face. The two, being social outcasts, became friends immediately, after the mudkip saying his name was Neil. With Neil, he showed his more happy personality, but reverted to anger when the two parted.

Taylon never agreed with the "world doesn't exist anymore" tale. He believes it's a lie, and that there are more accepting pokemon out there. He shares his belief with Neil, however, Taylon is the only one brave enough to dare to go past the wall and find a new world.

Personality: Taylon had major mood swings often. He can be happy and bouncy, always accepting other pokemon. During his "happy period" he loves to dance. He almost never stops smiling. He treats those he loves with loyalty and respect. When he's not happy and bouncy, and his darker side takes over, he is very quick to anger. He yells a lot, and shoves away any and all pokemon. He usually doesn't eat much during this time, only eating what he has to to stay alive. He doubts his abilities, and whatever he does, even if it's amazing, he will be to critical about it and shrug it off as a failure. He can't stop moving durning his "dark period" and fidgets a lot. He never looks for help, and doesn't believe anything will help him be happy.

Other: I wouldn't count this as bipolar or depression, but I guess you could say Taylon has bipolar disorder or depression.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
TheSketchQueen- Tayon the Buizel- Accepted

Strikes: (a "l" is one, and a "/" is five) l

Strike I:
He's a taller than usual...

Minor grammatical mistake; happens to everyone. Must go by my rules, though.

One strike; not bad at all. That takes some major thought and rule reading, so I commend you. (Darn, I want to put a smiley in here SO badly)

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Is reserving spot for a second character possible? I am asking this because I cannot log on until 9:00 PM Serebii time. If a reservation for second character is allowed, then may I have one? Sorry for any grammatical errors; this post was created on an iPod touch, so I can barely touch the correct button.

Another thing: to lessen the amount of grammatical mistakes and typos, read your post aloud. This normally helps immensely. For me, at least.

Did I have any grammatical errors in my first sign-up that I missed?

Last edited:

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Sure, you can reserve a spot, wayjun. And I just read over your entire sign up and didn't see any grammatical errors, so as long as you put some thought into your character and proofread it, you should be fine.

EDIT: But second-character reserves are different than first characters. First off, they have no expiration date. Second, they only hold your spot from people posting their second character. If someone new comes along with their first character, if there was a second character reserve, that would be taken by them. Just some things I thought you would like to know, although I don't think that anyone new will be joining. We have enough people anyway.

Last edited:

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
If this is nonsense, then blame it on my mom, who was watching Chinese opera while I was writing this.

Name: Gracena

Species: Solosis

Ability: Magic Guard

Moves: Reflect, Psywave, Acid Armor

Sector of PokeTopia: Western

Appearance: Gracena looks like a normal Solosis should, if a bit larger. Her body appears a light hue of green behind her shield of substance. The special liquid surrounding her protects her from cold weather, hot weather, and weather that cannot decide what to be. Her hair-curl (what is that thing on top of her head anyways?) is smaller than the average, but still not diminutive. The green liquid is squishier than normal, but that has no adverse effect on Gracena, being the sturdy Solosis that she is. The liquid also appears a bit more oblong than normal, but that is because other Pokemon are used to slightly smaller Solosis.

History: Gracena has always dwelled with her parents and sibling. She has always supported her sibling, helping her achieve her goals, while leaving her own aspirations behind. Her sister, meanwhile, has always loved her back and tried to get her to stop misbehaving and evolve. They made a duo that had caused no small amount of trouble, what with Gracena’s sister being just as eager to cause mischief. Being a Solosis and Duosion, intelligent Psychic Pokemon, they could pull pranks that no one else could. Her sister would always keep Gracena’s antics from being far too egregious, though. Her sister moved away, though, and Gracena no long had someone to keep her in check and so began to be wilder.

She had thought about the outside world, because people had said that humans had destroyed all of it. If they had, though, would they not have found PokeTopia in the process of destroying the “entire earth”. Gracena’s parents had taught her to question her beliefs and what she knew, so questioning that “truth” was natural for her. She, being the troublemaker she is, wanted to explore the outside world and bring back the results of her excursion.

Personality: Gracena is always raring for action and may be aggressive even if not provoked. Her pranks are never malicious, but can sometimes be very embarrassing. Considering her species, she should not be, but she has always been an anomaly. She has no desire to evolve, seeing that she would be acquiring a second mind if that happened, and that causes her to back down from fights that she would otherwise participate in. She tries not to blurt out too much, but sometimes her telepathy activates quicker than her brain can help. She does, on the other hand, believe that swearing is the last resort of the verbally inept and prefers to use...creative alternatives instead. Challenging people is how she rolls, but most of the time it is because they disagree with her ideals – she wants a world where information is freely accessible and not hidden.

If a Pokemon is being bullied or harassed, Gracena is often the one to try to stop the aggressor, but that does not mean that she will be nice about it. She is too confrontational to try to compromise unless it is a Pokemon who is one of her parents or one in authority. She does not like the authorities – she believes that they are hiding information and are hypocrites, unable to create any change that sticks. If someone hides something, then she will pester them until they tell her and will not use that information against them or tell it to anyone else. She is merely curious.

Determination is a strong point of Gracena’s, but it may also be her fatal flaw. If there is something that she desires, she will obtain it. She is not liked by many and is regarded as “over-the-top” or a trouble child. Both of these she would not deny and would flaunt those “titles”. She takes pride in her staunchness and brashness, a combination that she thinks will win her…whatever she wants.

Other: Yes, Gracena is what humans would call a “rebel”. The Pokedex description says that Solosis can survive any harsh condition with their “special liquid”, and I’m interpreting the Western Sector as a hostile condition because it’s in the sky.

Last edited:

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
(wayjun)- Gracena the Solosis- Accepted

Strikes: (l is 1 strike, / is five strikes): 0!!!

Great sign up! I didn't see anything wrong with it, so good job!