• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Escape

Dragoness

*Ebil grin*
Escape: The Joker's Lair

Rated PG-13 for spooky and violent themes + mild swearing
Date Sign-Ups close: Oct. 25th
Date RP Begins: Oct. 25th

In honor of all that is Halloween, I present...
escapea.png

The Joker's Lair​

--

JOKER ESCAPED FROM CUSTODY!
October 23rd, 2010
By: Amanda Lyal
Gotham -- Late last night, while transporting the infamous criminal known as the Joker to Arkham Asylum, a group of armed assailants attacked Gotham City Police. Wearing masks in the shape of jesters faces, they injured three police officers and killed two others. Authorities are withholding the victims names, citing that the families have yet to be notified at time of printing.

The Joker escaped during the confrontation. Newly appointed Police Commissioner James Gordon has no comment.

[The article continues to list recent crimes and the recent capture of the Joker...]

________

GOTHAM CITY BUS VANISHES! BUS DRIVER FOUND DEAD!
October 30th, 2010
By: James Knightan
Gotham -- Mid-afternoon yesterday, a public transit bus with an as yet unknown quantity of Gotham citizens in it disappeared off its scheduled route. The man who was supposed to be driving the bus, Harry Clark, 42 of Star View Ln., was found dead behind Gotham's North Side High School. It is being reported that he had a large red smile painted on his face, leading some to question if the criminal known as the Joker is behind the bus disappearance.

Family members are reporting that they are missing loved ones who were supposed to be on that bus. It last made contact with Gotham City Transportation Headquarters at 12:30 P.M. and was last sighted (continued on page 3)

You--yes, you--have been captured by the Joker. While stuck in the Frito smelling sardine can known as Gotham City Transit, you were taken off the regular route into an abandoned parking lot. A little gas, a faint feeling, and then nothing. The last several hours have passed in a hazy darkness.

Mildew, stained granite, floating webs from a spider's claw, an eerie silence. Those are your surroundings when you awaken. Oh and how could we forget the vexatious flickering of the dim light above.

A voice breaks the silence, loud, but distant, echoing off the corridors outside. High pitched, unbelievably cheerful, it talks to you, a horrible relish in its--his--voice:

"Welcome to my humble abode! I hope you find the accommodations comfortable. All of you from bus #34 are going to be part of a little game." (insert demented laughter here).

"All of you will have the chance to leave this house, should you chose to refuse my hosp-i-tality. I'm sure you are anxious to meet up with friends and family though. To leave, you're going to have to work your way through this place.

"I'm sure you, eh, smart Gotham citizens will have no problem with the obstacles you will meet," the voice laughs again. "The choices you make will determine if you exit this building, or exit this life..."

What are you going to do? Who can you trust? Can you fight past your own feelings and make it through this nightmare alive? Does the Joker have anything else up his sleeve?...

_____​

How This Works:

In this RP, instead of joining in as a character, I will be the storyteller and facilitator. I will give you a basic idea of your surroundings and let your imagination fill in the details. I will also give you some situations* and then let you decide what to do. How you react, how all of you work together--or don't work together--will decide what happens next.

*I have several ideas on the circumstances and objects that will be present in the game, but I am really hoping that we will all work together and come up with new ideas and twists to add to the RP. If we get a lot of ideas going at once, then I'll number them and then do a dice roll to see which ideas get used first.

"Can my toon die? How?!" you may ask. By one of three ways: 1. You ask for it to kick the bucket; 2. By logic (if you do something incredibly dangerous, like prod an angry, gigantic gorilla in the eye or knowingly open a bomb, then you are sadly leaving us for the after world); 3. There will be moments in the RP that you make a choice that turns out to be unwise. In those cases, I'll roll dice (in AIM, if anyone wants to witness) and depending on how close to non-death you were, we will see if you cease to exist anymore. And remember, you can die twice before you actually relinquish life.

Also, I have made a map of the building you are being held in. I will be posting a link to it before the RP starts.

_____​

Rules:
~The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules~ The Joker. Dark Knight.

While the above quote may be true in the Joker's world, it isn't in ours D= Or perhaps I'm just not sensible. So, without further ado...

Rule #1: All technology, communications, obvious weapons/sharp/pointy things, have been removed from your persons. You are allowed to keep some things with you, but if I see anything more dangerous than pocket lint, then its outta here.

Rule #2: No escaping until I say you have a decent chance to do so (aka, don't be creating your own boltholes and unlocked windows to freedom)

Rule #3: You can have up to...two characters at a time.

Rule #4: You can and some of you probably will die in this RP. Now, players can't go killing each other w/out permission. Also, if one of your characters dies, then you may create a new one (you have to submit a sign-up for the new character)

Rule #5: You can make a bad choice and die two times before your character actually kicks the bucket and is with us no longer.

Rule #6: When I say PG-13, I mean PG-13. Some blood, some scary stuff, some swearing, but no over the top gore. When in doubt, ask.

Rule #7: Every post has to have your characters name and location at the top.

Rule #8: No text speak while RPing, use good grammar and spelling. Not perfect, but good.

--
Sign-Up:

Name:

Why Were You On the Bus?:

Description: Three paragraphs minimum.

History: Two paragraphs minimum.

Personality: I dislike personalities, as they are best shown through RPing, so minimum two paragraphs here. If you feel like writing more though, then feel free to do so.

Other: Anything you want to add concerning your character? Or a question about the RP?

Just put a bit of effort into your sign up and you should be fine. If there aren't enough details, then I will ask you to edit it.

List of Accepted Characters and Reserves:

Aura Wolfe - Reservation

Shadowfaith - Reservation

Musical Mayhem - Reservation

FireTypeLover - Reservation

DVB - Accepted.

Last edited:

Aura Wolfe

Ooh this sounds very mysterious... I'd like a reserve if that's fine with you. More to show I'm interested more than anything else really.

Dragoness

*Ebil grin*
Aura (btw, what an agreeable name): Reservation accepted.

Shadow (I knew people couldn't resist the allure of the Batman world :p): Reservation Accepted

Ya'll have 'till the 24th of this month to submit a sign-up

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
I should sooooo not be doing this with my 234939847323423 midterms next week....

Can I reserve please?

DVB

Philosopher Knight
This will be the only character I make for this so, here we go.

Name: Diego Vendrix

Why Were You On the Bus?: On the way to the airport

Description: Diego is around 5'9" and wears a black T-shirt with a gold yingyang symbol on front and a white silhouette of Quetzalcoatl, portrayed as an Ouroboros with the crescent moon and sun in the center of the loop on the back. He has on some black cargo pants and black tennis shoes with a red spiral on them.

This preferred ‘uniform’ was a custom order from one of his younger brother’s talented friends. He has a digital watch on his left arm. He completes the ensemble with a gray fleece "M-44 Jacket". However, at occasionally, he will often wear either plain one-color T-Shirts or shirts he received as souvenirs from his father’s frequent business trips, along with a pair of blue jeans and some gray Sketchers. As the seasons change, he will often not wear the jacket or switch to a different-colored version of his favorite shirt, with gold being indigo and the white ouroboros being red. He will sometimes where a fleece jacket and an earband to protect him from the cold.

He is of Mexican origin. However, his limited Spanish blood makes it unnoticeable at first. He has as subtle tan, not dark enough to look Hispanic, but not pale enough to look Caucasian. His hair is jet black like the feathers of a raven. His hair style somewhat resembles a shorter version of Sonic the Hedgehog’s quills. His eyes are a chocolate brown, and they often express his full list of emotions to someone who understands him. He has a rather nice build. He is slightly overweight, but he also has a bit of muscle on him.

History: He lived in the state of Georgia for a majority of his life with his family consisting of his father, mother and younger brother. He often has debated with his father, but has seen as one of his biggest inspirations in his life. He has a strong relationship with his mom, though he being a nerd and otaku confuses her often. He has a complex relationship with his brother. They argue a lot and often though see eye to eye. Although they look similar, they are nearly opposites in personality, with his brother having charisma, charm and good strength on him. However, his slothfulness is in school, resulting in debates with their dad. His favorite activity is being in the drumline of their old school.

His memories in elementary are not well remembered, besides some bad events and a few good events. This trend grew worse in middle school where he was in the deepest of his misery in middle school. He had fallen in love only to be heartbroken 2 years later. His relationship with girls was not a happy one. Despite these troubles with his peers, he had formed a decent bond with them in high school. However, he still felt in heart a solitude he feared will never end. One day, he was to see a university and afterwards, decided to see Gotham before going to the airport.

Personality: Diego’s personality is a complex one. The prime reason for that is because he retains bits and pieces of his former personalities from over the years. From his very early years, he remains curious and optimistic about life. He has a large imagination and enjoys being creative. From his primary school years, he has learned patience, freedom to express himself, but also distrust and his short temper. From middle school, he learned about being jaded, sadness and cynicism, but he learned about friendship, open-mindedness and heartbreak. As a high schooler, he becomes philosophical, but also distant and apathetic and tends to zone out of reality.

He is thoughtful of others, although he often fails at trying to cheer people up. Despite being very intelligent and his method of thinking things out, his curiosity and short temper make him have a compulsive edge to him. He has a bit of gluttonous and slothful side to him. He loves eating, but doesn’t like to exercise often. Despite his lone-wolf attitude sometimes, he really yearns for that group of people he will die for and vice versa.

He is an otaku, an avid lover of anime and manga. He loves to draw, though has lost inspiration throughout the years as well as his passion for reading. He still enjoys these activities, but not as much as surfing the web. The web-surfing is somewhat his substitute for a lack of a social life and friends outside of school. However, even then, he finds himself doubting and finds himself in doubt in terms of friendship and love upon entering college. His biggest flaws are his clingy nature and his other side. He is stubborn and will not let go of some issues or people. This flaw led to his heartbreak and the loss of friends. This stemmed from his lack of friends as a child and yearns for people to make him secure. However, his biggest desire is a best friend who he can trust and or a girlfriend who he pour his heart out and feel secure, loved and happy around.

Other: I edited this slightly off a character from another RPG I am in

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
I agree with Shadowfaith. A Batman RP? Sweet!
Reservation please!

Dragoness

*Ebil grin*
FireTypeLover - Reserve accepted :) I will extend the sign-up deadline by a day if needed, so you still have a couple days to get your sign-up in.

DVB - Accepted :) Nice SU.

Last edited:

Dragoness

*Ebil grin*
Seeing as this hasn't gotten many SU's, I am going to put it on the shelf for now, unless I hear otherwise :( Sorry.