• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Escavalier vs Accelgor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briguin

Dr. Geek
Both are unique and powerful in their own way. But which do you think is better? The knight or the ninja?

I would say Accelgor is better. Although Escavalier has better stats, Accelgor can cover that with Guard Swap and Power Swap, making him get better stats and his opponent have terrible stats. Plus, he has amazing speed, so he can get the swaps off easily.

But that's my opinion. What's yours?

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
I really don't see how you could compare them. They have two entirely different roles. But if I'd have to pick one, it'd be Escavalier. Accelgor may be fast, but it's extremely frail. Plus, mono-bug is a bad type. Escavalier gets Bug/Steel, which is great typing. With a huge Attack and nice defenses, he's a monster. Access to Megahorn and Iron Head is very nice too. Pursuit as well. Although his movepool's shallow, it gets the job done.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
They are two completely different pokemon with different roles. They can't be compared.

Vandslaux

Lol, Guard/Power Swap are NOT a good reason to use Accelgor. The reason to use him is as a supporter/lead, he has access to Encore and Spikes (sadly illegal together), Final Gambit, he works as a sweeper with his base 100 Sp. Atk, he has U-Turn, he can Baton Pass Acid Armor, and more I probably forgot.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Actually, Guard swap is usefull on accelgor. You go in a double battle with a shuckle as your partner. use guard swap on your shuckle. boom. instant wall. He also gets giga drain and recover to help wall. pretty cool ;D

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Escavalier is too weak to Fire type attacks (which might not suck so bad if Ferrothorn didn't show up in the same generation) lacks priority and many decent moves (Megahorn has power, but you have to consider Rock Smash) to make use of his 135 Base Attack. Accelgor can set up spikes and cripple your opponents walls, and then probably can defeat them to boot.

Vandslaux

Guard Swap swaps BOOSTS, not the actual stat. Shuckle doesn't get any Def or Sp. Def boosting moves as far as I know. You could use Acid Armor in a double battle with a Shuckle and Guard Swap that to him, but that's about it, other than Swapping Curses with Speed drops that Accelgor doesn't like..

Escavalier is too weak to Fire type attacks (which might not suck so bad if Ferrothorn didn't show up in the same generation) lacks priority and many decent moves (Megahorn has power, but you have to consider Rock Smash) to make use of his 135 Base Attack. Accelgor can set up spikes and cripple your opponents walls, and then probably can defeat them to boot.

Two of the top used pokemon in this metagame have the same weakness to fire attacks, but does that stop them? Escavalier can be good in UU just because his CB Megahorn is retardly powerful especially in Swarm range, you don't use Rock Smash on Escavalier because you're not supposed to use him to take out any steels types in the first place, you can just use Pursuit over it to catch ghosts and Psychics on the switch.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Accelgor. Becuase it is a ninja. :502:

Anyway, I'd say Escavalier, if I was being serious (Which isn't often) due to epic stats and great typing, but you can't really compare them as they are as different as chalk and a margherita pizza.

revv

Undependable...
Other than escavelier's extreme weakness to fire, it's probably the better of the two.

windsong

WEST SIDE
Why are these two even being compared...they're basically completely different. You may as well compare Ferrothorn to Rhyperior or something like that.

kyogreblue3

take a byte
I really don't see how you could compare them. They have two entirely different roles. But if I'd have to pick one, it'd be Escavalier. Accelgor may be fast, but it's extremely frail. Plus, mono-bug is a bad type. Escavalier gets Bug/Steel, which is great typing. With a huge Attack and nice defenses, he's a monster. Access to Megahorn and Iron Head is very nice too. Pursuit as well. Although his movepool's shallow, it gets the job done.

I agree.
I'd pick Escavalier than Accelgor any day.

Wardek

U & I
Why are these two even being compared...they're basically completely different. You may as well compare Ferrothorn to Rhyperior or something like that.

Maybe he/she is comparing them because the way they both evolve?

Well.. I'm not sure which one of those are better than the other. :S

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Accelgor is a really good pkmn he uses some speed boosting attacks and pass to rhyperior for an ultimate sweep! Escavilier is just too slow and weak to fire so Heatran takes eats it for breakfast!

windsong

WEST SIDE
Maybe he/she is comparing them because the way they both evolve?

Well.. I'm not sure which one of those are better than the other. :S

Hey guys, which is better, Flareon or Jolteon?????? Since they're so similar because of the way that they evolve???????

The fact that two mons evolve by being traded with each other is no grounds to compare the mons that they evolve into when those two are completely different.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
I'll go with Escavalier because It has a Huge attack Stat, excellent stats in both defenses, and has decent HP. Escavalier also has access to powerful STAB Moves Megahorn (Especially in Swarm range and equipped with a Choice Band.) and Iron Head and Pursuit to hit frail Pokemon when they switch out.

PokefanTez

Though these two are vastly different, I think Accelgor wins ability-wise. With hydration on a rain team, he can use rest to heal himself to full and wake up the same turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.