• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Espeon Vs Umbreon

Umbreon or Espeon

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Where's Umbreon?! It's awesome!

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
i kinda dislike em both, espeon = girly, fragile. i dislike umbreon for being every1s favourite pokemon. i choose umbreon cause its good in battle.

Flareon looks to boring, vaporeon is decent but to slow for me, jolteon looks so strange...

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have used both in the post-game part of FRLG before, and I've found Espeon to be more useful. Umbreon's good but it's more annoying to train up because its offensive stats aren't that high. Espeon has great Special Attack, plus being able to Baton Pass Calm Mind boosts is really useful.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Umbreon's a physical attacker, while Espeon is more special. But I don't care about that. I mostly care about which one I enjoyed raising more as a kid.

Somewhat.

I'm more of an Espeon-person than Umbreon. Umbreon can be a good Pokémon, but Espeon has better speed, and I like to go first :3.

Also, Espeon's prettier-looking.

blackmeadow

Coolio Julio
It's kind of a tie I guess. I like battling with Espeon more, but I love the way Umbreon looks. Especially shiny Umbreons.

Sharpedo_14

I'm going to have to say Espeon. For some reason it has always been one my favorite evolution or eevee. Plus I really like psychic types.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Espeon Fan XD

I would say Espeon, I liked him ever since he was shown in the 2nd gen. Heck he is even better in 5th gen with the his DW ability. But I will say Umbreon does have his charm though. I really like his shiny version, but as an overall pokemon. I still chosse Espeon, there is just something about the way it was made and how it looks like it is hiding something XD

Also it's a psychic version of eevee, which seems to be a pretty popular typing, given mewtwo's popularity. I personally don't care that much for psychics, I'm more of a dragon fan ^^ But I do have a few favorite psychics, like Espeon, mewtwo, alakazam, and a few more. But yeah, espeon is just mysteries.

I like both but Umbreon is my favorite... And it is not a rational argument, only because of its look :)

TheLegendaryArcanine

Arcanine is my fav
i read somewhere that i cant get umbreon in fire red. is this true? i dont have any other versions except blue and yellow lol

Dangertrout

Generally, I prefer Umbreon. I like that it's defensive and I think it has the nicer looking shiny form.

i read somewhere that i cant get umbreon in fire red. is this true? i dont have any other versions except blue and yellow lol

iirc, you need to make a trip to R/S/E to evolve eevee to umbreon / espeon

Andy787

Espeon due to it's high special attacking power / quick speed of striking first. Plus I like psychic types and it's more pretty.

Umbreon just gives me terrible thoughts on how annoying it was to defeat back in Gen II. It's got excellent defense and can survive pretty much anything... but it's attacking power is poor so why get it?

ChloboShoka

Writer
I like both of them equally but I would be more likely to use Espeon in battle because it's my favourite from the Eevee line.

xCrossCat

Elite Procrastinator
I like them both, but I prefer Umbreon. I tend to spam offensive-oriented Pokemon, so Umbreon is a nice break from that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I prefer Espeon. There's just something really beautiful about it. I even went through the trouble of trading an Eevee to Sapphire version just for it to evolve into Espeon.

Indigoodra

The funny thing is, it isn't possible to get Espeon or Umbreon in Fr/Lg [SUB][SUB][SUB][SUB][SUP][SUP]without trading[/SUP][/SUP][/SUB][/SUB][/SUB][/SUB].

But I love Umbreon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.