• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eternity [One-shot]

Just something that popped into my mind while reading Ventus3's bannete poem. Hope you like it.

Warning: Disturbing Imagery

Eternity

Thud, thud, thud

My footsteps could be heard, echoing throughout the shed. I was sweating horribly as I ran towards the exit. I could hear the sounds; the sounds of the creature. The whooshing sounds of it flitting out and about the bundles of hay and its playful, high-pitched laughter… which brought shivers to my spine.

“Where are you?” it cried and proceeded to laugh some more.

I rushed out into the night. The large barn stood beside m as I looked around for a safe haven. I glanced at my old farmhouse. No, it would surely find me there. My eyes swept over the grassy field and immediately, the forest caught my attention.

I ran using all my speed towards the thickly clumped set of trees. The creature believed that I was still in the barn but it wouldn’t be fooled for long. I could feel the wetness of the grass under my bare feet.
There was silence behind me. I wasn’t fooled, I knew it was behind me but I didn’t dare to look. It was playing with me as a cat does with a mouse. That thought frightened me more.

All of a sudden, darkness enveloped me and trees surrounded me. I was in the forest. I still ran blindly. I had to get away from it.

I ran for several minutes, dodging the branches and jumping over the roots. I wasn’t worried about getting lost, I knew the forest well. I was tired, extremely tired, but the thought of the creature following me kept me going. I wondered how long my stamina would last.

A sudden pain erupted from below my ribs; a stitch. Blinded by this sudden hurt, I tripped over a low branch. My body heaved and tumbled over as I landed in a mud puddle. I felt light headed for a moment and then got up. Clutching my side, I staggered for a few seconds and then broke into a heavy walk.

I heard the familiar whooshing sound again. The creature was behind me! I dove into a small shrub and crawled behind a large tree.

I lay still, trying to breathe slowly. The shadow of the creature could be seen by the pale moonlight that shined through the gaps of the leaves.

“Where are you?” the creature asked, “Come back, I miss you.”

It said nothing after that. The forest air was tense. You could hear the rustling of the leaves in the soft wind. I risked leaning slightly against the brown bark and glancing at the creature.

It’s granite-colored body was hard to see in the darkness. It looked like a doll, it was a doll. Originally, as soon as you looked at its cute face, its cuddly grey body and orange tail you wanted to hug it, but it wasn’t the same any more. Its body was ripped and torn in several places and where its tail was, there was just an orange stump. As you moved up to its face, you saw the zipped mouth and the worst, its eyes…

It was looking around as if confused, floating in the air silently. It glance for seconds at each of the sides in turn and for a split second our eyes made contact.

My heart stopped. My head recoiled instantly and I lay still behind the tree. The shadow of the creature was still, its head still pointed in my direction.
After what seemed like an eternity, it moved but not towards me. It went past the tree and into the deeper part of the forest. After it could not be seen, I released my breath and heaved a deep sigh. I got up slowly, stumbled, and then straightened myself. I walked slowly towards the direction of my house. I felt two floppy arms on my back.

“Gotcha.”

I screamed.

I turned around and looked into the creatures purple eyes. There was so much in them: happiness sadness, anger… but mostly, evil. It was there blended together in the glassy eyes. I could almost see my face. I moved back and tried to run, but I couldn’t… something kept me still

“Why did you go away? I missed you so much” it came closer and hugged me. For a while it was pleasant and then it became tighter and tighter.
“Stop it!” I gasped. Seconds later a sharp crack pierced the air. My back! The pain was unbearable. I tried to scream but all that came out was a dull moan. The creature hugged me tighter. I felt my ribs break. Blood spurted out of my mouth and spread on the creature’s back, but it didn’t seem to mind.

My head was filled with adrenaline, it was pounding. Black spots burst before my eyes. The pain in my back and stomach became more severe. I couldn’t breath. My mouth opened and closed like a fish out of the water. I passed out.

Somewhere within my consciousness, I felt the creature leave me. The pain was gone, all of it, I couldn’t feel it. As a matter of fact, I couldn’t feel anything at all. I slowly opened my eyes, as if afraid of what I would see. It was the forest, but something was wrong. I was floating horizontally. I looked at my hands and body: translucent. Hesitantly, I looked down and screamed again.

My body was on the floor. It was completely disfigured. My back was twisted at an odd angle. There was blood on my clothes. One of my ribs had poked out of my skin and was visible as a yellowish-white object. Already, ants were upon it biting away the flesh.

I looked up and saw the creature again and I felt regret blossoming from within me. Your actions always had a consequence. This consequence was death.

"I'm... sorry..." I stammered through what consisted of my mouth.

It looked at me and its zipped mouth twisted into a grin. “It doesn't matter anymore,” it said telepathically, “Finally, you will be with me, for eternity.”

Then it started laughing again, the vile twisted laugh and I floated there and watched.

Last edited: