1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Eureka Seven AO

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Charizard Champion#06, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Eureka Seven: AO

[img200]http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/eureka-seven-ao2.jpg[/img200]​

The highly anticipated sequel to Eureka Seven is finally underway! Thoughts on the first episode? Does it live up to the original? What do you think is going to happen? Share what you think below!

2. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

Way too early to tell if it will live up to the original, at this point I'm just praying Bones don't screw me over.

3. Charizard Champion#06

Episode 2 is out, I liked it much more than the first episode. Fleur seems to be my favourite character design, though Ao looks better now with turquoise hair.

4. DragonTrainerSilver

DragonTrainerSilver <-- Starving dragon

I loved the original but I'm not to sure about this one.

5. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Still have to finish the original, heck, I remember little of it (stupid TV changing time to 11:00).

6. Charizard Champion#06

You should, it's better than I thought it'd be (and my expectations can get really high).

7. Jolteon91

[img139]http://oi46.*******.com/2ymwz7t.jpg[/img139]

8. ParaChomp

At least it's all up on Crunchyroll...but I'll miss out on Crispin Freeman that way...oh well. Then again, Anime North is coming up...

Yell "Pittwoee" if you think you see me.

Oh how rich. How's BONES' animation?

9. Charizard Champion#06

I was a little surprised the series took on internet memes of all things. And tablets and blogs? It kind of sets the series in this point in time and stops it from being timeless. The first Eureka Seven had the skater punk attitude thing going on, but they did that with the style, rather than the characters being all "I'M JUST GONNA CHECK NOT-YOUTUBE FOR THAT NEW NOT-MIKU VIDEO AND UPDATE MY NOT-TUMBLR!"

The plot and mess of new characters has been pretty dizzying in these first few episodes. There's Ao and his girly friend with the sloth, then his not-Axel grandpa, then the villagers, then the trio of guys who aren't Japanese or American in the car, then their parents, then that girl's family, then the other groups of IFO fighters Generation Blue, then the American military, then what I think is the Japanese military too. It's way more rough of a start than the first series, that's for sure.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's you?

Great so far. Not the most jaw-dropping of the season, but still very pretty to look at.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. Jolteon91

I can't help but feel that this seems better than it is purely because it is better than BONES' recent efforts, I'm mainly look at you, No. 6.

Though I'd definitely recommend watching the original in full, if you want to jump straight into AO you could check out Eureka Seven: New Order.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  11. Charizard Champion#06

Oh, don't even get me started on No. 6. Grrr.

12. ParaChomp

Oh right, you skipped on the 3DS.

Anyways, I've got to go to bed and am still watching Tekkaman Blade and Medabots, I'll watch it on Crunchyroll if I feel like it.

13. Charizard Champion#06

Either way, it's not like I'm gonna be at the con all weekend eyes glued to my 3DS if I did have one.
    And even if you did pop up on mine (if I had one) how could I pick you out from a crowd of people?

14. Jolteon91

I'd just try and listen out for some guy saying "It hurt itself in confusion!"

15. Heads up guys -- Funimation licensed this and will simulcast it...hopefully soon (they haven't started streaming Sankarea yet).

16. vodor

vodor Banned

What the hell happen to Eureka & Renton ???
    That's what I wanna know !!!

17. ParaChomp

Most likely they had coitus, duh.

18. Charizard Champion#06

19. ParaChomp

Then that. It's assumed. Most likely that is Eureka as Ao's mother in his flashbacks and then there's his uncanny resemblance to Renton. As for the magical cyan hair, I have no idea what it means.

That said, I hope they can get a hold of Stephanie Sheh to reprise her role (which didn't stand out too much but nonetheless, I'd still want her back if her character's present) for the flashbacks and any old voices if the corresponding characters appear.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  20. Charizard Champion#06

Episode 4 had a great first half, nice to see some explosions. Generation Blue for the win. Fleur. Dat ***.

Anyone catch the Evangelion quote?