• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Europe + DS = mucho sales

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
"Nintendo has announced that more than 1 million copies of puppy sim Nintendogs have been sold across Europe since the game launched on October 7th.

The Nintendo DS also continues to sell well, with more than 2 million units already shifted. According to Nintendo, weekly sales have topped 100,000 for the past three weeks - with 120,000 units sold last week alone.

The handheld's success is likely to continue with the release of Mario Kart DS, which hit European stores today. It's the first game that allows DS owners to play online via Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection service. A Mario Kart DS bundle - which includes a handheld and a copy of the game - is currently retailing for GBP 99."

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/

that's some impressive numbers.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
That is a lot. And I mean A LOT. I never thought that Nintendogs would be that popular. I cannot believe that that many games have been sold already. And who would have thought that the DS would still be selling that amount of consoles still. Who is buying them? lol. This shows that nintendo's ideas of intinvitive (sp?) games is definatly paying off.

U

Umi_Swampert

O.O normally when I hear Europe numbers they're rather low, but this is great!

It is a testament to innovation I think. I can't wait to see whatelse they'll have for all of us ^.^

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
It's a bit unclear.

2,000,000 copies of the DS in Europe alone, 'cos if that's so that is unbelievably good sales.
And 1,000,000 copies of Nintendogs. Wow!

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
It's a bit unclear.

2,000,000 copies of the DS in Europe alone, 'cos if that's so that is unbelievably good sales.
And 1,000,000 copies of Nintendogs. Wow!
yeah almost everybody has given up on europe but, I guess this gives new hopes. So about half of the DS' owners are Nintendogs owners. I recall in Japan the DS had 3.5 million.

PhQnix

Think Different
Whats ironic/annoying is that Nintendo will contiinue to ignore Europe as a viable market and leave us at the back end of releases.

U

Umi_Swampert

you never know, if this trend keeps up, they may reconsider, atleast for the DS. Europe really hasn't been a viable market for them.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
They need a Nintendo of England - then yall starving English videogame fans wouldn't have to wait so long. Either that or Nintendo of Europe needs to be reorganized.

~Scott;229;

U

Umi_Swampert

...is there really a difference between the England and American games?

I've wondered what the difference between all groups was, aside from translation...

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
No - NOE has to be picky and change the spelling of words when there is no point in doing so sense they are spoken the same way.

~Scott;229;

Im proud. I am part of that sale. ^___^
But I have to say, I didn't buy Nintendogs because I wanted to. I sold it 3 weeks later. I got it with the Blue/Nintendogs deal for £100. No-one I know still plays it. They have giving it up alreaady. =P

But still, 2 million units/1 million Copys?!!?!? Not bad. Shows Nintendy are missing a good thing in the Uk.

ø®ΑпGЗ ♠

PokémonScott said:
No - NOE has to be picky and change the spelling of words when there is no point in doing so sense they are spoken the same way.

~Scott;229;
Also, they have to format the game so it doen't look stretched and squished on PAL TVs.

Bulk

Everyone says that the PSP is wwwaaaayyyy better than the Ds but when I ask them which one they own they say the DS?!?!? It's wired. They say the PSP is better but they don't own one and if they do they hardly ever play it. I think people see the PSP as more of an accessory than a games console and the real gamers go for something which is fun to play games on: the DS. Hense all the sales although I am surprised about the number of Nintendogs sold.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing

~Scott
not just noe but, everyone who translates it. Also they have to translate the games into two other languages as well.

DSW

Dual-Screen Wonder
Umi_Swampert said:
...is there really a difference between the England and American games?
Yes. The American ones are in English (Duh) and the England ones are the same as the rest of Europe, so they have to be multilingual

Umi_Swampert said:
I've wondered what the difference between all groups was, aside from translation...
Can't help you there. I know about PAL and the other formats (which I promptly forgot the names of), but I think someone else should explain them.

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB

Fear the light.
theultimatebulk said:
Everyone says that the PSP is wwwaaaayyyy better than the Ds but when I ask them which one they own they say the DS?!?!? It's wired. They say the PSP is better but they don't own one and if they do they hardly ever play it. I think people see the PSP as more of an accessory than a games console and the real gamers go for something which is fun to play games on: the DS. Hense all the sales although I am surprised about the number of Nintendogs sold.
Yeah where I live they call the ds s**** but i gues its becuse the psp has all

those blah blah blahs