• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eurovision 2014

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
There's not long until Eurovision kicks off for the year, with the Opening Ceremony swiftly approaching! This year it's being held in Copenhagen, Denmark, with the grand final being held on 10th May. The preview videos for the contestants' songs can be found here (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmWYEDTNOGUJpNOiYf0F-yA4wCVV59Iqq).

Which country/countries are you rooting for? Who do you think will take home the title?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Started watching Eurovision two years ago even though I'm Canadian. It's fun to see a music competition on such a grand scale as this.

This year I'm kind of disappointed. There's only a few songs that I'll download and I dislike quite a lot.

Favourites: Azerbaijan, Netherlands, Malta, Finland, Iceland
Like: Estonia, Armenia, Latvia, Sweden, Ukraine, Moldova, San Marino, Hungary, Norway, Italy
Dislike: Albania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Montenegro, Israel, Poland, Georgia, Austria, Lithuania, Ireland, Belerus, Macedonia, Switzerland, Greece, Slovenia, Romania, Denmark, France, Germany, UK

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Started watching Eurovision two years ago even though I'm Canadian. It's fun to see a music competition on such a grand scale as this.

This year I'm kind of disappointed. There's only a few songs that I'll download and I dislike quite a lot.

Like: Estonia, Armenia, Latvia, Sweden, Ukraine, Moldova, San Marino, Hungary, Norway, Italy
Dislike: Albania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Montenegro, Israel, Poland, Georgia, Austria, Lithuania, Ireland, Belerus, Macedonia, Switzerland, Greece, Slovenia, Romania, Denmark, France, Germany, UK

Yay! I'm from the Netherlands.. I still haven't heard the song, but Ilse de Lange and Waylon are both credible artists.. They've formed the Common Linnets as a thing for this festival. I'll likely remember the Freedom Festival concert Waylon gave in my city of Zoetermeer in the Netherlands (exactly 3 years ago today, we celebrate our freedom today in the Netherlands), he was the closing act in our city and normally a pyrotechnic show starts at midnight, but due to some weird mechanical/time-constraint issue the fireworks started as he was playing one of his more popular songs at the end of his set.. Slight detail, the fireworks display is at the other side of the square, so you can't watch both the act and the fireworks at the same time, so everybody basically turned away from Waylon in pure confusion of what was going on: nobody was expecting it yet. And also the pure confusion in Waylon's eyes was incredible to watch: "What the heck is happening here?!?!?"

I have no clue what the bookmakers favorites is.. But I'll be very surprised if "our" act wins..

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Aww ya, my countries in the likes <3!!!!(Armenia) :).

Locormus

And they're through! I say they, because I haven't really supported Ilse and Waylon (aka Common Linnets), but as a Dutchman, I guess I'm glad we didn't flop like Belgium..

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi

Nice selection!

My favourite at the moment is definitely Finland's entry, and I'm also really fond of the entries from Austria, the UK, Sweden, Spain and Latvia ( :,( ). Though I haven't seen any of the semi-final performances (waiting until Semi-Final 1 airs here tomorrow) so depending on the theatrics, choreography and costuming of some of the performances, my favourites will probably change. :p

Locormus

Nice selection!

My favourite at the moment is definitely Finland's entry, and I'm also really fond of the entries from Austria, the UK, Sweden, Spain and Latvia ( :,( ). Though I haven't seen any of the semi-final performances (waiting until Semi-Final 1 airs here tomorrow) so depending on the theatrics, choreography and costuming of some of the performances, my favourites will probably change. :p

I thought it was about the songs.. Oh well..

Apparently, the Dutch duo rose to Top2 in the bookmaker polls.. I'm skeptical about that, but wow.. We're of course not ending up on that spot, but wow.. After seeing the Top26, I'm pretty sure that the following are going to be in the Top10, in no particular order:

- Austria
- Armenia
- Sweden
- Netherlands
- Hungary
- Azerbaijan
- Norway
- Spain
- Ukraine
- Germany/Montenegro: hehe, two.. xD

But with all due respect.. I'm not in the know of anything.. This is just what I thought were good songs.. I like the songs in the vain of Euphoria, ones that you can listen two years later and think that it's a regular song, not something simply over the top.. like Austria.. But Austria is bound to get a massive amount of sympathy votes..

Peter Quill

star-lord
I'm so disappointed in the crowd for booing the Russian act. I don't think it's fair to do that to two innocent sisters who are trying to win a song contest which was made to support peace in the first place.

bailey.ga

Is anybody watching it right now?

We get the Graham Norton narration, it's beautifully cynical.

I'm so disappointed in the crowd for booing the Russian act. I don't think it's fair to do that to two innocent sisters who are trying to win a song contest which was made to support peace in the first place.

They did the same during the intros, it seemed rather unfair to me, though the 2 girls didn't seem too upset. I think it kind of goes against the whole point of Eurovision too

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
^ Watching it. Mainly for the aforementioned narration, though. It's interesting to see whch songs are good... but most of them aren't.

phanpycross

God-king
Danmark represents, hope you like it a lot ;)

That being said, I think the show is a bit more political than it should be.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
That being said, I think the show is a bit more political than it should be.

Yeah, especially evident this year. But I'm shocked at how supportive some countries were of Conchita and Austria.

The Netherlands was so shockingly close to winning though. :(

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Part of me feels quite sorry for France ending up in last place with only 2 points. At least UK placed higher than normal this time and was actually on the left side of the scoreboard for once.

They did the same during the intros, it seemed rather unfair to me, though the 2 girls didn't seem too upset. I think it kind of goes against the whole point of Eurovision too
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the same thing happened to the Russian spokesperson when she gave out scores.

Last edited:

Locormus

Yeah, especially evident this year. But I'm shocked at how supportive some countries were of Conchita and Austria.

The Netherlands was so shockingly close to winning though. :(

Nobody really expected them to end up this hi when they presented their song.. With last year and this year's entrees being more on the "quality"-side of the song spectrum, we've seen that it is possible to do well in this sort of semi-political boundaries influenced competition. Whereas before we usually failed to impress in quite a large way.. The tough job now is however, who the heck is going to go next year? After last years ninth placing, there were already voices speaking up like: no way you'd end up higher, but when you finish second, there's only two options: Either you win, or you're regressing.. I don't think anybody wants that on their shoulders, I mean just look at Denmark.. xD

Either way, yay.. We done good! xD

Part of me feels quite sorry for France ending up in last place with only 2 points. At least UK placed higher than normal this time and was actually on the left side of the scoreboard for once.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the same thing happened to the Russian spokesperson when she gave out scores.

It blatantly happened every single time Russia was mentioned.. I legitimately felt sorry for the two girls.. I know that Putin's international reputation has sunk to an all new low (hi, KGB, I know you're reading), but come on.. Two 17-year-old girls getting boo'd by an entire stadium for something they literally have no hand in..

I did not feel sorry for France.. Stromae-rip off along with a little bit of LFMAO-style.. So-called members of the Parisian Avant Garde.. -.-

I had them pegged for place 23, just because I really thought that the votes wouldn't come for Russia/Belarus, but obviously.. I was wrong.. The last member of my bottom 3 was for Finland.. Obviously that went a little different then expected.. xD

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
My favourites were: The Netherlands, Armenia, Poland and Hungary.

I don't know what to think about the winning song, not my cup of tea at all.