• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eurovision Song CONtest

Aeron

Bum Eyes
Yeah well later tonight it begins, obviously I'm rooting for Rue Britiania (aka Nil Points).
Nah, hopefully with this new voting system in place the countries who actually have decent songs will get a fair deal. No offence but song CONtest is the right name for it with all those naughty Balkans voting for each other.

So yeah, basicly a thread to discuss tonights proceedings, fingers crossed for everyone and good luck!
The campest concert of the yeah is about to begin... :D

Latest odds by the way:
Norway - 4/5
Greece - 11/2
Azerbaijan - 12/1
Turkey - 12/1
United Kingdom - 12/1

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
We crushed all the other countries :D It feels really good to win so superior

Aeron

Bum Eyes
Aye well done Norway, you won even with a Zac Efron wannabe :p
Fair play though, not bad top five considering where we've been for the past few years, looks like finally the Eurovision Song Contest is now a music contest not a 'how land-locked are you so you can have too many neighbours' and 'let's all vote for Russia so they won't nuke us'/

Great night.

I do find it amusing how Britain dropped the whole 'political voting' thing now it's in the top 5. xD

rekreatur

I was disappointed to see Norway win with that crappy song. The voters this year were fucked up. But congrats anyway, I guess. :|

I was kind of hoping for Estonia to win, it was the only one I really liked this year. =/

Aeron

Bum Eyes
I do find it amusing how Britain dropped the whole 'political voting' thing now it's in the top 5. xD

Nah it's there, but atleast theres a fairer system in play unlike before where you could get out an atlas and basicly see who's getting 12 points based purely on borderlines.
One of the downsides of living on a Island I suppose, we should enter Wales, England, Scotland, Isle of Man (Since they have their own flag), Scilley Isles, New Jersey and N. Ireland next atleast we can dominate the board a bit, :D

I was disappointed to see Norway win with that crappy song. The voters this year were fucked up. But congrats anyway, I guess. :|

I was kind of hoping for Estonia to win, it was the only one I really liked. =/

I suppose everyone has their opinions but I think the majority of people (including me) liked that one.

My favourite was Ukraine, don't know why though......

Aeron

Bum Eyes
Azerbajin did it for me, that lady was pretty damn sexy, bit sickening though when that old guy was thrusting his crotch into her 'rear bumper'.

Aeron

Bum Eyes
He sung about love and also he looked about twelve. Not the best but defiantly not the worst by a long shot *cough* Malta and their fat lady *Cough*

Vycksta

I watched all the acts but didn't hang around for the voting; in all honesty i'm surprised I even watched Eurovision for that long as i'm still on a downer about Terry Wogan not doing the commentary for the Brits... and I cannot stand Graham Norton.

Cannot get Germany's song out of my head! It's cheesy and catchy and infectious which is what my inner child ADORES.

Vycksta

Probably because love is really the main subject sung about in the majority of songs worldwide.

Norway's song really was nothing special though. Clearly won down to screaming fangirls. No not me, I liked Estonia's lead singer.

Tbh I'm surprised Greece didn't do better. Alot of people thought that it would be between them and Norway.

Dark-Oracle

Tbh I'm surprised Greece didn't do better. Alot of people thought that it would be between them and Norway.

I liked their song, but was the dancing necessary for it?

IMO I thought that Norway had a good song but their were plenty of other contries that had better.

Glad the UK did well, we've been coming in close to last for the past few years.

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
if I look away from my own country (Norway:D), I really liked Finland and Iceland best. Finland diden't get that many vots, oh well.....

Last edited:

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
I suppose everyone has their opinions but I think the majority of people (including me) liked that one.

I liked it too, though I think I liked Azerbaijan's better

if you mean "dropped" as in "stopped going on about" we did not, the damn commentator couldn't go five minutes without using the phrase "Urban symphony" and stuff like that.

Was it just me or did any other british people get ****** off with the commentator?

I mean seriousy, he just would not shut the hell up insulting people. Like for example the I think it was the Estonian rep. who came on to announce that country's votes and he was overweight and the commentator went "Looks like someone's skipped dinner to be here" what a jerk. Everyone who wasn't "up to his standard" i.e., medium height, good looking, thin, in typical english dress etc. he just completely slagged off, tryin to be funny, I hated him so much.

And too many people fall for songs about ~*love*~. >:

sadly, about 70% of songs nowadays are about love/relationships, is so annoying. If I were a songwriter I'd write about something more original like alcoholism or foreign exchange policies ;)

Last edited:

Aeron

Bum Eyes
To be honest I quite found Graham Norton's commentry amusing:
'He has a face you'd quite like to slap' Norton on Norway's answer to Zac Efron
'Her hair is really starting to get on my nerves now' On 'Miss World' in the openings by the 25th song.

It's much nicer to have a bit of fun than listen to the over the top wannabe hosts and Norton's sercured his place for the 2010 commentry I think.

Robster

Cascade Trainer
Also from Graham Norton:

"Curse you." < When some country (possibly Turkey) didn't give us any votes.
"I can't believe we gave 7 to Germany. What were you thinking people?" < When we gave our votes.

I didn't mind him to be honest, he was quite funny really. Terry Wogan might have been better this time due to the new voting system and therefore less potential for him to get angry at bloc voting.

What did people think of Albania's act with the blue guy and the vampiric umpa-lumpas? It was certainly.....different. Especially when the girl can actually sing really well and doesn't need the gimmick. :/

Last edited: