• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ev spread for my machop

Xestt!

I need some help with my machops evs. If that was a standard machop I would do it myself, but he's not so I'm not sure now. I was thinking about simple 252 att 252 hp 6 def but his nature is brave and he has only 8 speed ivs. As you see, he's not the fastest pkmn in the world so I would like to know if you guys think that I should invest some evs into speed so that I would be able to outspeed some slower stuff in ruby battle tower. So what spread would you use?
The set: bulk up/earthquake/cross chop/rock slide

Xestt!

Well, you don't always lower a stat you don't need, sometimes you are forced to lower the one that you need. 4 boxes full of machops, only 2 adamant ones and with sucky ivs...

Well, you don't always lower a stat you don't need, sometimes you are forced to lower the one that you need.

Be that as it may, nobody puts EVs into stats that are lowered by 10%. It's a waste.

If you're worried your Machamp's too slow you can always rebreed.

Xestt!

Well, if it helps macho to outrun some important tower pkmn I think it is worth giving a few speed evs... I'm not gonna rebreed it because it's powerhouse: hp 24, att 30, def 19, sp.def 30. Hey, maybe you know where I could find some info of ruby battle tower pkmn and their stats?

Hey, maybe you know where I could find some info of ruby battle tower pkmn and their stats?

From what I understand, it takes a lot of effort to compile a list of every stat of every Pokemon, and since most people prefer to fight in the Battle Frontier it's probably near impossible to find any info on BT pokes. And when you don't know which speed number you need to reach it's better to go with either 252 or 0 EVs. In this case it's the latter.

Xestt!

Thanks for the help. I found out that 120 is the number that would allow me to outrun pkmn like donphan and regis provided that they have 0 speed evs and 0-31 speed ivs. That would be an advantage but I guess I'll just do what you said. It would really be annoying to ev train stat that is lowered because I would have to waste 10% more evs. Thanks again.