• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EV spread help

Jolteon1230

Jolteon Trainer
I need advice on EV spread for 2 pokemon. The first is...

Skarmory (standard skarm set)
Impish?
Whirlwind
Spikes
Sub
Drill Peck
I already know 252 Hp but i dont know what else

the 2nd pokemon is...

Metagross( possibly a CBgross )
Adamant
Meteor mash
explosion
EQ
Shadow Ball/ Rock Slide

So any ideas?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)

Skarmory @Leftovers
Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def
Whirlwind
Spikes
Sub
Drill Peck

Metagross @Choice Band
Adamant
EVs: 156 HP / 248 Atk / 104 Def
Meteor mash
explosion
EQ
Rock Slide

Survives CB Dugtrio's Earthquake.

Zenobius

Fear him!
For Skarmory good moveset. EV's should be 252 hp, 66 attack and 192 defence.

Metagross:
Adamant
200 speed, 155 attack and 155 hp
Meteor Mash
Rock Slide
Agility
Explosion

for CBgross
Adamant
252 attack, 252 hp, and 6 speed
Meteor Mash
Rock Slide/Sludge Bomb
Explosion
Earthquake

The moveset that you picked out was the Choice Band one. The first one is Agiligross.

medichamp

I'm ChunkyBob <RSPCT
I go with sludge bomb because you (usually) can't OHKO Ludicolo without it, and when it rain dances, it OHKOs you with surf, this is not the only reason too, Rockslide is the same as Meteor Mash at best and is weaker than sludgebomb without Super effective, plus sludgebomb has 1/3 chance of poison which is gangz in any facility in Frontier.

And as for shadow ball, I just don't like it. It doesn't do much for your team cuz its only super effective to two types which excluding dusclops, you can fart it to death

I'm going to say this (don't flame) since skarm's best stat is defence, just give it enough (300 stat) and max hp and put enough in attack to make it decent enough and rest in sp defence which is the biggest flaw on it.

second I'm going to say: don't use both in one team, both have lower sp defence which, from a fire pokemon, two of your team goes down.

thirdly: you can't have both whirlwind and drill peck go with drill peck and roar. Sound proof pokemon of the likes of exploud eats metal arce when it comes to skarmory. and personally, I prefer rest over sub unless you have leftovers which even then, its risky with its low HP

I'm doing this because I'm too lazy to quote the specific lines.

I'm going to say this (don't flame) since skarm's best stat is defence, just give it enough (300 stat) and max hp and put enough in attack to make it decent enough and rest in sp defence which is the biggest flaw on it.

lol 300 isn't nearly enough; your Skarm will get beaten down by CBed attacks and the like before long. Skarm shouldn't be staying in against special attackers anyway since most 2hko it, so Special Defense is useless.

second I'm going to say: don't use both in one team, both have lower sp defence which, from a fire pokemon, two of your team goes down.

Fire Pokemon are nonexistant in the metagame. Bellyzard, Blaziken, and Houndoom are used as novelty/fun sometimes, but that's it.

thirdly: you can't have both whirlwind and drill peck go with drill peck and roar. Sound proof pokemon of the likes of exploud eats metal arce when it comes to skarmory. and personally, I prefer rest over sub unless you have leftovers which even then, its risky with its low HP
Eh, personal preference. I'm paranoid about little possibilites, so I like Sub/HP Flying/Whirlwind myself. Ingame, though, it's nearly impossible to breed for good HP, so Drill Peck/Roar should be used there.

If you ever decide to tech Thunderpunch on Metagross if you're worried about Skarmories:

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Explosion

259 Special Attack for the average 2HKO. (You need 284 for the guaranteed 2HKO iirc, but that only hurts CBgross.)

Last edited:
you're all wrong on gross - especially those who ran Max Atk.
Skarm people see enough to understand, but no one knows gross.
Thunderpunch will help **** in-game.
absolutely jack ****.

Aragonbird was closest, but Evs were stupid ._.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 116 HP / 216 Atk / 80 Def / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Sludge Bomb or Rock Slide

can also run;

EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 100 Def / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

also, btw arragonbird, Whirlywind + Drill Peck is an illigal combo.

Last edited:
and I didn't read the first post.

WE'RE ALL WINNERS!!

btw, have you drawn / made a diglett?
can I make a personal request if you haven't already?

Louie

fuk yo couch ***** !
for skarmory, i use:
Impish, EV's: 252 HP, 126 Atk, 58 Spd, 58 Def.