• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EV trained Emerald Team

Calm PokeMaster

Here is an Emerald team I am also EV training in-game:

1.Swampert
252 Atk 252 HP 4 Def
Brick Break
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
My reliable starter.Mixed Sweeper.

2.Ludicolo
252 HP 252 Spl Atk 4 Spl Def
Surf
Giga Drain
Toxic
Leech Seed
Obvious Synergy with Manectric.Has Rain Dish as ability.Hold item is leftovers.Surf and Giga Drain for STAB.

3.Crobat
252 atk 252 spd
Fly(HM)
Aerial Ace
Poison fang/Sludge Bomb
Steel Wing
Super-fast physical attacker.Fly,aerial ace and poison fang for STAB,while Steel wing hits the Rocks who resist this.

4.Manectric
252 Spl atk 252 spd
Rain Dance
Thunder
Bite
Thunder Wave
Not much can take a Rain Dance boosted Thunder with ease.Bite is special in this gen,so it finds a place on this moveset.

5.Armaldo
252 Atk 252 Def 4 HP
Slash
Rock Tomb/Ancient Power
Metal Claw/Iron Tail
Dig
Physical Attacker with some bulk.Suggestions for a better movepool would be appreciated.

6.Slaking
252 Spd 192 Spl Atk 66 Atk
Thunderbolt
Facade/Return/Hyper Beam
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
This thing has always amazed me with its destructive power,but this is the first time I am using it on my team.Gets awesome coverage as my second mixed sweeper.

Devastator1

Here is an Emerald team I am also EV training in-game:

1.Swampert
252 Atk 252 HP 4 Def
Brick Break
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
My reliable starter.Mixed Sweeper.
Like it, im using something similar but it has mirror coat (kills all special attackers) instead of brick break and a different Ev spread.. I wouldnt say get rid of BB as i used it before on my first or second swampert, it has its uses and won me the match quite a few times.

2.Ludicolo
252 HP 252 Spl Atk 4 Spl Def
Surf
Giga Drain
Toxic
Leech Seed
Obvious Synergy with Manectric.Has Rain Dish as ability.Hold item is leftovers.Surf and Giga Drain for STAB.
i think you've put too much EVs into special attack. only sweeper colo needs that much, if its just in game its more than fine.
3.Crobat
252 atk 252 spd
Fly(HM)
Aerial Ace
Sludge Bomb
steel wing/
Super-fast physical attacker.Fly,aerial ace and poison fang for STAB,while Steel wing hits the Rocks who resist this.
Crobat should not be fighting rocks, you have ludicolo, But it would really like shadow ball, for those pesky psychic and ghost types. I hate seeing moves that should be on an HM slave on pokemon that mainly battles.

4.Manectric
252 Spl atk 252 spd
Rain Dance
Thunder
Bite
Thunder Wave
Not much can take a Rain Dance boosted Thunder with ease.Bite is special in this gen,so it finds a place on this moveset.
good, thunder only improves its accuracy though.

5.Armaldo
252 Atk 252 Def 4 HP
Slash/brick break/ EQ, for metagross and steels, rocks
Ancient Power
Metal Claw/Iron Tail
swords dance
Physical Attacker with some bulk.Suggestions for a better movepool would be appreciated.

6.Slaking
nature please
252 Spd 192 Spl Atk 66 Atk
Thunderbolt
Facade/Return/Hyper Beam
Flamethrower/
Shadow Ball
This thing has always amazed me with its destructive power,but this is the first time I am using it on my team.Gets awesome coverage as my second mixed sweeper.

really good team, could earn you a few battle frontier silver symbols. is that what its for? I dont like rating teams without natures as i usually assume they are krap. and that fact that You Ev trained your pokemon says you at leat care about them. and you shoulda clone your TMs

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Quick note since you asked me to rate this: Rain Dance isn't very necessary. remember, there is no Damp Rock, so you get only five turns of rain. Thunder Wave is somewhat redundant on Manectric for in-game. I would suggest you drop it for Flamethrower, if it can learn it in that generation.

Calm PokeMaster

Oops,forgot to add the natures.It is indeed designed for the Battle Frontier.

Swampert(holy crap)-Hasty
Ludicolo-Calm
Manectric-Rash
Slaking-Jolly for max speed
Crobat-Jolly again
Armaldo-Adamant/Naughty

Thanks for the suggestion with Armaldo's moveset,I shall implemet the changes.As for Crobat,I meant Steel Wing for tight situations incase Ludicolo and Swampert are both dead.

And sorry for the mistake with Rain Dance,that was a typing error.

Maybe I should put some more EV'S in Spl Def for Ludicolo,I think you are right as it would be a shame to waste all that good Spl Def...

I think I am gonna stick with BB on Swampert as I want it to be a Mixed Sweeper and BB destroys the enemy's Screen support.

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Yes, but if you play your cards right, you shouldn't even have screens to break.

Xestt!

Brick break definitely isn't worth the moveslot. Use rest instead. Also, I recommend earthquake on both armaldo and slaking (instead of thunderbolt). Slaking doesn't need any sp.att evs. Use max att instead. You might want to consider manectric as your starter. Early rain dance would help you to use ludicolo or swampert more effectively.

Devastator1

In-game Brick break would be so much better than rest. but the addition of BF does changes things a bit. rest over BB in this case. or you could continue using it if its working out for you.....I have hyper beam instead of double egde on my aerodactly even though it has rock read. It's helped me out so much times I probably wouldnt tell someone to get rid of it if they have it on theirs. Same thought with BB, The BF isnt net play, sometimes you need to adapt your sets to get the best out of your pokemon. E.g. swampert with rest is vastly inferior to swampert with BB at the battle palace, this is reversed at the battle tower.

as for ludicolo Evs. this is soo hard as the set is half staller, half sweeper. you really do need more sp Def Ev to be able to sponge sp atks. without Ivs, its hard to know how much to recommend but theoretically you should be looking at max sp def. You could always split the 252 sp atk between these two stats, at least 100 for sp def. another thing, icebeam over giga drain is so much in the BF it allow you to dispatch the dragons before they set up on you. and giga grain has low PP.

RevilYoyo

Banned
MMOValue Membership Reward Announcement

Welcome to the MMOValue Membership Rewards Program designed to extend our most sincere thanks to our loyal customers for their continued patronage over the years. MMOValue Membership Rewards Program will help members save money but also make money on MMOValue.com.

Any purchase on MMOValue.com will bring bonus points to a registered customer. Then you can use the bonus points to exchange any items on MMOValue.com at your will. Furthermore, MMOValue Promoter Reward program has also been launched. A MMOValue Promoter will enjoy certain preferential policies.

More detailed information about “MMOValue Membership Rewards”, please
Check it Here
http://www.mmovalue.com/faq.html

ENROLL TODAY
Log in or register to enroll online. The sooner you enroll, the sooner you can start accumulating bonus points.