• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EV Training Level 100 Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
I read somewhere in relation to the TRU Arceus that the only method of EV training a level 100 is through vitamins. I googled it and came across this method and was wondering if anyone has tried it:

http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=57184

Has anyone attempted this before or is it bogus? The Arceus I got has a lot of potential and I'd love it if this worked.

No, it doesn't work, I've tried it in all 3 versions. There is no known way other than vitamins to give a pokemon EVs at level 100. However this is a tiny bit of truth in this. If you do use an EV reducing berry your stats will automatically adjust to the EVs. However, since a Pokemon at level 100 can't gain EVs, it won't work. This was how I EV trained my Zapdos without leveling it up so I could use it in the VGC.

Last edited:

RyAnKaM

So does this work??

Ryuken

Steel User
i tried it several times without a progress....

Silver_Johto

Trainer Hunter
From what I know, the EVs increase through battling...
anyway, how do you check the EVs?

SuperVenustoise

I always thought that Lv. 100 Pokemon could still get EVs, and the stats simply adjust when the Pokemon is deposited into the PC.

23caterpie

pokemaster
evs are only gain when a pokemon gains exp or through vitamins. Since 100s can't gain exp, they can only gain evs through vitamins which can't get them over 100 evs in any one stat

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
^ This, and other people said it doesn't work both here and there, so... going to close (please don't bump threads by over a month, let alone over half a year). For the record this did work in 3rd gen games, but not for fourth it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.