• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EV Training vs. Vitamins

Endless_Winters

Frostbite Kisses
I have a few questions about the two. Vitamins are extremely expensive in the games, and I was wondering:
1) What are the restrictions with Vitamins? Do they only improve your pokemon's stats to a certain level? If so is that the MAXIMUM they can reach or is it below that?
2) Which method is better to improve your pokemon's stats? Does EV training give you more stat improvement than just solely using vitamins?
3) What method do you use, personally and why?

All answeres appreciated. Thank you :)

The vitamins with each use give 10 EV points with a limit of 100.
Then you'll have to finish with regualr EV training after that

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Endless_Winters said:
have a few questions about the two. Vitamins are extremely expensive in the games, and I was wondering:
1) What are the restrictions with Vitamins? Do they only improve your pokemon's stats to a certain level? If so is that the MAXIMUM they can reach or is it below that?
2) Which method is better to improve your pokemon's stats? Does EV training give you more stat improvement than just solely using vitamins?
3) What method do you use, personally and why?

All answeres appreciated. Thank you :)

Wish you asked in the IV/EV/DV Thread, but anyways...

1. Say for instance you want to train your Pokemon in Attack. You would give it Protien in that instance. Once a Pokemon reaches 100 EVs in a particular Stat, it can't take any more EVs in that Stat from the corresponding Vitamin. If the Pokemon reaches Level 100/510 total EVs, it can't take any more EVs in any of its stats, including those that don't have at least 100 EVs. Here is a table of Stats and their corresponding Vitamin:

Stat Vitamin

HP HP Up
Attack Protien
Defense Iron
Sp. Atk. Calcium
Sp.Def. Zinc
Speed Carbos

2. Yes. EV Training after using at least 10 Vitamins will give you more stat improvement that just using vitamins. Just using Vitamins doesn't make a good team, let alone a good Pokemon...

3. I use Vitamins + EV training. It gives me more Stat points for my pokemon than if I used just Vitamins or if I didn't care about EVs...

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Well, once you start EV training with that pokemon, give it 10 vitamins (of what you desire), then start EV training until your EV hits 252. You'll have to come up with a way to remember your EV's. I just monitor the PP's I use.

e.g. Seismic Toss: 20 PP, +40 EV's when all is used.
But be sure it can OHKO that pokemon to keep count.

Well, that's my method.

EDIT: Meh, beaten.

Raikou77

You should try to use an attack w/ 100% acc. if your using PPs to count

Endless_Winters

Frostbite Kisses
After reading the IV's/DV's/EV's thread, I know now to use the vitamins upon capturing a pokemon, then ev train once it's reached its vitamin limit. I know to keep track of ie's, but how do you manage that with vitamins? Vitamins give 10 Ev's? Thats what I've heard people say, so for every vitamin for whichever stat I am giving to my pokemon, I tally 10 ev's? That way before Ev training I know where I stand?