• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ev training while in the Storyline

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Hello guys i was wondering do any of you Ev train during the Storyline or am I
the only one?

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I don't see the point of EV training in the story line. I always change my team after I beat the E4 and start focusing on breeding, so there isn't a reason to EV train before that (for me).

LyreBirdGirl

inactive
Ev? I must know more about this Abbreviation. What is it stand for? :eek:

LyreBirdGirl

inactive
Oh. I was hoping it was something really cool. It's just an "eh." well, I'm off to hunt Shiny guys. Thanks for the explanation, though.

I had never EV trained until Black and White came out, but I decided to EV train my whole team through the story in White. It's taking a long time to beat, (two months and still in Victory Road) but I like it because I'm multi-tasking and it doesn't make the task so monotonous. So far, I've finished training Serperior and I'm almost done with Carracosta.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I dont EV train during my playthrough, but I might do a little. like KOing zubats when something needs some speed

I EV trained my Pokemon for the first time in Pokemon Emerald because I was having a hard time at the Battle Frontier. I only trained three Pokemon cause thats the most you need in there.

Dattebayo

Banned
I EV train during the storyline.

Accelgor

METAGROSS SMASH!
I only EV trained once during the storyline. I was off to revive the Archen fossil but I looked at the nature and it said Adamant. I then EV trained it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It just seems to me like more trouble than it's worth, given that in-game is easy. Mind you, I EV train everything post-game and EV train for hire on these forums.

That sounds like a fun challenge, though. Maybe in the third version, I could transfer over some Power items and Pokerus, even a couple of Synchers to get good natured Pokemon...

Last edited:

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
I only EV trained during the storyline once on my Soulsilver. I wanted to use the shiny Gyrados both on my main team and for more competitive things (not that I play competitively much anymore), so I SR'd for an Adamant one and EV trained it. EV training can be slow if you don't have access to good training areas or power items. I'm not the most patient person in the world, so after EV training Gyrados I stopped doing that pre-Elite 4.

completely not needed
First of the pokemon you have ingame have random IVS.In competitive battling you need to breed your pokemon to get perfect IVS and the stats they need
Ingame you can win with anything high leveled even a Caterpie

Aquarelle

Staff member
I EV trained during the story once, on Pearl. I actually bred for a Piplup and a Hippopotas on the game, gave them a bunch of vitamins, then battled Pokeon until I achieved the spread I wanted. I must have had only about 3 badges at the time, but somehow I managed to do it.

Now whenever I play a game from the beginning, I decide on a team beforehand, breed and EV train it on another game, then trade the Pokemon to the new game. I do this because I really don't like playing through the story with non-EV trained Pokemon.