• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evalulating and Rethinking Kalos

◇ Cosmonaut ◇

Came back down to earth for the games.
I started Pokemon X with little knowledge of types, movesets, items, and natures. It's my first game that I got quite recently. Unfortunately, I began the game as anyone did- I chose what Pokemon I wanted to catch, left them in the PC, and ended up just buffing it out until Dendeville Town. Then I realized my biggest problem. Because of the way I started out, almost all my Pokemon were too low leveled and disadvantaged despite their type. I mean a good 20+ levels to low. I would be forced to continue using my overpowered Chestnught, Blastoise, and Talonflame simply because of their levels. I know that this way of playing Pokemon is the choice of many, and that's fine. I understand that the Kalos region is a relatively easy region besides. But I want to play Pokemon for what it is! Strategy and power. I wanted to try my hand at the pro way of playing- choosing a strategic team of six Pokemon and keeping them as my main team throughout the whole game (with the additional TM Slave, gifted Pokemon, and type backups).

One thing's for sure. I'd like to restart with a more thought-out team. I wanted to share my evaluated idea of what might be good with others. You've most likely got more knowledge than I do.

Here's what I've designed with type, movesets, and- though least important- general liking for the Pokemon in mind. I've got the movesets saved, but I didn't want to share them because I got the outlines from people whose names I can't recall right now, but I don't want to not credit them.

Greninja (Water/Dark)
Venesaur (Grass/Poison)
Dublade (Ghost/Steel)
Emolga (Electric/Flying)
Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
Meowstic (Psychic)

Extra:
Lucario (Fighting/Steel)
Golurk (Ground/Ghost)
Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
Snorlax (Normal)
Lapras (Water/Ice)
Sylveon (Fairy)
Bibarel (TM SLAVE)

How does it look? I think I've got every type here.

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
With Lucario you can breeze through a couple of gyms and Team Flare members. The game would've been even easier for me if I had decided to use him

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I would use the following six out of your list as your main team: Greninja, Venusaur, Talonflame, Lucario, Tyrantrum and Snorlax. I have ideas of what movesets I’d use for them as an in game team if you need help with that.