• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evangelion 1.0 - English cast announced

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced its English dub cast for the Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone film at the Anime Boston convention on Saturday. Spike Spencer and Allison Keith will reprise their roles as Shinji and Misato, respectively. Rei will have a new voice actress: Brina Palencia. The project is the first film in Hideaki Anno and Khara's four-part theatrical remake of Gainax's Neon Genesis Evangelion television anime. The English dubbing will premiere at Anime Expo 2009 in Los Angeles in July.

The full cast is as follows:

Role - Cast Member
Misato - Allison Keith-Shipp
Shinji - Spike Spencer
Ritsuko - Colleen Clinkenbeard
Ibuki - Caitlin Glass
Gendo - John Swasey
Rei - Brina Palencia
Hyuuga - Mike McFarland
Fuyutsuki - Kent Williams
Kensuke - Greg Ayres
Toji - Justin Cook
Aoba - Phil Parsons
Kiel - Bill Jenkins
Hikari - Leah Clark
Kaworu - Jerry Jewell
Yui - Stephanie Young
Eva - Mike McFarland
Pen-Pen - Monica Rial

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-05-23/evangelion/1.0-english-dub-cast-announced

Looks pretty good. I'm particularly interested in Palencia as Rei; it's yet another way of showing her range. I'm surprised Greg Ayres wasn't called back for Kaworu, though, but it's no big deal, and I'm sure Jewell will do well. He usually does (see Barry the Chopper).

Edit: Added Pen-Pen. Plus, Alison's back as Misato! Can't think of anyone better to play her!

Abinaya

Banned
The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced its English dub cast for the Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone film at the Anime Boston convention on Saturday. Spike Spencer and Allison Keith will reprise their roles as Shinji and Misato, respectively. Rei will have a new voice actress: Brina Palencia. The project is the first film in Hideaki Anno and Khara's four-part theatrical remake of Gainax's Neon Genesis Evangelion television anime. The English dubbing will premiere at Anime Expo 2009 in Los Angeles in July.

Funimation has also announced that it will ship the Sgt. Frog anime in September. Funimation will retain all the references to Gundam, Macross, and other robot anime franchises in this anime adaptation of Mine Yoshizaki's science-fiction comedy manga

=========================================
bad credit second mortgage loan
debt solutions

Mimori Kiryu

Looks pretty good. I'm particularly interested in Palencia as Rei; it's yet another way of showing her range. I'm surprised Greg Ayres wasn't called back for Kaworu, though, but it's no big deal, and I'm sure Jewell will do well. He usually does (see Barry the Chopper).

Edit: Added Pen-Pen. Plus, Alison's back as Misato! Can't think of anyone better to play her!
I was very sad to find out that Greg wasn't called back to play Kaworu. I bet he was sad too mainly because at OMGCon last year, the Evangelion movies had just been announced and he was already working on trying out for Kaworu. Awww. I'm pretty sure Jewell will do awesome (he's also Zelman in Black Blood Brothers if we're showing a serious example. I don't see Barry as that serious of a role, especially after he ends up like Al.)

The fact that Spike Spencer is back for Shinji makes the movie anyway. I can't think of anyone else who could pull off that role.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
I was very sad to find out that Greg wasn't called back to play Kaworu. I bet he was sad too mainly because at OMGCon last year, the Evangelion movies had just been announced and he was already working on trying out for Kaworu. Awww.

Consider this, though, m'dear; he's playing Kensuke, a massive otaku. Who better to play a fanboy than a fanboy?

Mimori Kiryu

Consider this, though, m'dear; he's playing Kensuke, a massive otaku. Who better to play a fanboy than a fanboy?
I know, I know. I'll bet he's happy to play Kensuke, but part of him is remembering Kaworu. And there's no better person to play a fanboy other than a fanboy. Hahaha.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Shame the original Rei couldn't return, but Brina Palencia could do a good Rei I think, she's been cast as characters like her before. Would have liked to see Samuel L Jackson as Gendo though xD (j/k)

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Shame the original Rei couldn't return, but Brina Palencia could do a good Rei I think, she's been cast as characters like her before. Would have liked to see Samuel L Jackson as Gendo though xD (j/k)
Are you kidding! Samuel L Jackson would be a great Gendo. I can already see it in my mind "I want these Motherf*&%# Angels off my Motherf*&%# Planet!". Real good.

Anyhow, I can't even remember what the original voices were, So I guess I'll be fine with those they have chosen.

Gentleman Skeleton

Well, Shinji's the same and Gendo as well. Good enough for me. Heh, they gave Pen-Pen an English voice and the EVAs as well. This should be interesting.