• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evangelion C. Shift: You can (not) change fate (PG 14 - sign-ups)

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Introduction

If you are reading this, then I will assume you already have knowledge of the Evangelion universe, so let's skip the pretense. This RPG is going to be, in a way, a piece of fanfiction. What I intend for this to be is a project similar to the Evangelion rebuild movie series currently being produced, a story with the same pretense and setup as the original story of Neon Genesis Evangelion, but with very different consequences. While it's not actually necessary to have seen the two rebuild movies that have been released thus far, doing so may help you to understand how this will develop.

Just because this will take place in the Evangelion world, with the traditional story of the series as the backdrop, does not mean you should write your character in a particular way to try and develop the story as it was developed in the anime. As I've stated, this will be set up as the same story, but will progress differently and hold different results. Write your character however you would normally write them, and we'll see how it drives the story. The story is still finite, and this RPG will have a definite ending, but how we reach that end, and what is involved in that process will be entirely up to us and our characters.

This RPG will be our own story, our own rendition of the Evangelion legend. This will be our own rebuild project.

Now, enough of me prattling on about what this RPG is. Let's get on with it.

Story

Long ago...a celestial body carrying an egg of life fell to earth. That was First Impact.

Debris from the celestial body eventually became the moon, but it left something deep within the earth...the egg of life called Lilith.

However, the earth already contained another egg of life called Adam. These names are found in Seele's secret Dead Sea Scrolls. Adam gave birth to twelve angels, including himself. Likewise, Lilith gave birth to one angel.

...we humans...are that thirteenth angel...and we were never meant to be on this planet.

The Second Impact fifteen years ago was orchestrated by humans. Before further angels could awaken, people reduced Adam to an embryonic state...to delay the ceremony and mitigate the damage as much as possible.

-Misato, Neon Genesis Evangelion manga volume 12

This stands true. The rest diverges.

The year is 2015, and the Angels have begun their assault on NERV headquarters. The being classified as the third Angel recently launched its attack on NERV, but was defeated by prototype Evangelion unit 00, the first functional Evangelion. However, The Eva took serious damage during the battle and the pilot, Rei Hayashibara, was killed. Luckily, Evangelion unit 01 is complete, and a pilot has been found to pilot it. In Germany, unit 02 is complete and the mech and its pilot are being prepared for imminent shipment to Japan. Provisional Unit 05 is nearing completion in Great Britain, and the pilot is being trained. Units 3 and 4 are under construction as well, but pilots have not yet been found. Commander Shinji Ikari, head commander of NERV, is under pressure as another strike by an angel is anticipated.

Adversity is rising in Japan. An anti-establishment sect calling themselves the Tokyo Jehovah, believing that the operation of Japanese government is against god's will, is focusing their protests on NERV. Their leader, a man named Toji Suzuhara, is orchestrating and leading more and more violent and direct protests, some including assaults on employees of NERV, as well as several commanding officers. They have spoken out that they believe the Angels to be righteous messengers of God, and that NERV and the Evas exist to guard the government against Gods wrath.

Rules

1) All normal SPP rules should be followed, of course.

2) When signing up, make sure to use the character sheet I provide. Your character will not be accepted otherwise.(for tips on filling out a character sheet well, check out Psychic's advice thread.

3) Absolutely NO godmodding, bunnying, or attempts to control other players' characters, unless I have been personally notified that you have permission to do so by the owner of that character.

4) No Mary-sues or Gary-stus. Ugh.

5) If signing up using an existing character from the Evangelion universe, be sure to write that character in as close to the original context as possible. Using Asuka as Britain's pilot is fine, but her character and history should still be the same besides the necessary cultural changes.

6) PLEASE stay active. I understand life gets in the way sometimes, but I don't want that to get in the way of the story's progression.

7) Keep it PG-14. Some amounts of swearing and light sexual content is allowed.

8) What I say goes. If you have a bone to pick with a decision I make, and my decision doesn't violate any of the rules I have laid out here, than tough cookies. I don't mean to sound overly harsh here, but I've had trouble with this in the past, so I want to make sure I've covered all my bases here.

9) I reserve the right to reject any character sign-up or nullify a post as I see fit, if it violates any of these rules.

10) To ensure that you have read these rules, post the name of your favorite character from the series at the end of your post.

Sign-ups

In this RPG, you will play one of two roles; you will either be one of three pilots (the pilot from Germany or Britain, or Rei's replacement pilot for unit 00) or an operative of NERV, playing one of several roles akin to those of specific characters within the original story. You may, should you wish, sign up using a character from the anime. If you do so, try to keep it coherent and correct in association with how that character was originally written to act.

Also, know that this RPG will not be entirely battles against Angels. There will be segments of time, sometimes very lengthy, in between battles. This time will be used to help the characters interact and develop, and create a more whole story.

Character slots

Unit 00 pilot

Unit 02 Pilot (will not be introduced to the other characters until a couple chapters have passed)

Unit 05 Pilot (will not be brought to Japan until several chapters in, but will be involved with the battle against the angels before that point)

Chief of NERV Strategic Operations Department (Misato's role)

NERV Technology and Development scientist in charge of project E(Eva development project) (Ritsuko role)

Britan head of NERV operations (in charge of overseeing Unit 05's construction, and commander of any EVA battle operations in Britain. Will work alongside the Chief of Strategic Operations Dept. once Unit 05 and pilot are shipped to Japan)

Name:

Age: (can be between 14 and 17 for a pilot, 28 or older for NERV personel)

Appearance: (At least one solid paragraph. Physical appearance and clothing preferences must be included, as well as plug suit description if your character is a pilot.)

Evangelion unit description: (Just for pilots, of course. I thought why not let our Evas look however we want them to? Try to keep it within the realm of their appearances in the anime, don't change more than colors and head design. If you wish for more extensive changes, message me and we'll talk. If you idea is completely awesome, maybe we'll do it)

Personality: (Two paargraph minimum. Be extensive. If you want your character to develop over time then that's fine, but still list their full personality so I know you intend to do so)

History: (Three paragraph minimum. Be extensive and in-depth, but coherent)

Other: (anything else you want to mention?)

RP sample: (I want to know that my RPers are coherent in their writing and take it seriously. This doesn't have to be super-long, just enough to prove to me that you know how to write)

I will edit this post at a later time with the sign-up sheet for my character, the pilot of Unit 01.

So it begins. Come forth, and join the fight against the unavoidable fate of humanity.