• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Even I'm not exactly sure what's goin' on here... RMT anyway

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
I'm trying out waaaaaaaaaay too many new, slightly improv pokes all at once in this team. Well, lets see how it's going.

dpmfa094.png

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+Satk, -SDef)
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion

Most standard lead nowerdays, but I actually haven't had much experience with it. So I decided it was high time I tried it out.

dpmfa468.png

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/192 Spd/64 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ancientpower
- Tri Attack
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Haha, don't ask. Oh, well if you insist I'm attempting to Batton Pass Ancientpower boosts to the next Pokemon. Tri Attack provides a reasonable chance of statusing the opponents Pokemon, and Roost eleviates Ice + Elec weak and makes it easier to Batton Pass. Anyway, AP only has Eight PP, so I need some luck to get more than one boost off in a match. I usually don't have trouble getting one in so far, and when people see the walls of text their first reaction is:
"..."

then:

"OMG"

then I Batton Pass and they're like:

"shut."

Anyway if it works it's all great fun.

dpmfa248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Now here's my prime recipient for Batton Passes. Does wonders with every aspecs of the boost. Decent Def and Sdef (Plus Sandstorm boost) makes him hard to take down. The Satk boost is useful to 1HKO Gliscor and 2HKO Hippowdon (who, incidentally, can't do much back against that Def boost). The Attack and Speed increase work in the same way as a DDTar. The EVs were a bit of guess work. It was either Jolly and 252 Speed to outspeed Starmie and Co after receiving a boost or Adamant + Atk EVs which I thought was best if I was going to do some damage with only one Atk boost.

dpmfa260.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/16 Atk/240 SAtk
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Cool Mixpert(ish thingo... Boah anyone?) to take electric attacks for me. From behind a substitute Pert wreaks havak, 2HKOing major walls with a combination of Eq, Focus Punch and Ice Beam. Unfortunatly draining Swamperts PP often works against me but most opponents take a bundle... Perhaps I should be running an Endeavor set, it certainly would work with Substitute... but then It can't recieve Batton Pass boosts if it needs to, which I really want it to be able to do.

dpmfa227.png

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/72 Atk/184 Spd
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash

SD Skarm. I'm concidering swapping to Impish as I feel Adamant doesn't provide me with the Defence needed to get a SD off. Oftern I'm a 2HKO for strong sweepers, expecially if their STAB is nuteral. Night Slash can hurt Starmie and Gengar on the switch in as they hope to get a Thunderbolt on me!

dpmfa121.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf

Skarm tents to attract Heatrans, so I needed a spinner who doesn't die to Overheat / Earth Power. Recovery is a nice added bonus. Also takes down a few other key threats, although I don't know if I need Thunderbolt for Gyara or Ice Beam more...?

Last edited:

Neonian

GTS king
I'm trying out waaaaaaaaaay too many new, slightly improv pokes all at once in this team. Well, lets see how it's going.

dpmfa094.png

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion

Most standard lead nowerdays, but I actually haven't had much experience with it. So I decided it was high time I tried it out.
If you're using explosion, invest those HP Ev's into attack for a stronger explosion

dpmfa468.png

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/192 Spd/64 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ancientpower
- Tri Attack
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Haha, don't ask. Oh, well if you insist I'm attempting to Batton Pass Ancientpower boosts to the next Pokemon. Tri Attack provides a reasonable chance of statusing the opponents Pokemon, and Roost eleviates Ice + Elec weak and makes it easier to Batton Pass. Anyway, AP only has Eight PP, so I need some luck to get more than one boost off in a match. I usually don't have trouble getting one in so far, and when people see the walls of text their first reaction is:
"..."

then:

"OMG"

then I Batton Pass and they're like:

"shut."

Anyway if it works it's all great fun.
Looks fine, a bit dependant on hax to get a boost off but okay

dpmfa248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Earthquake
Now here's my prime recipient for Batton Passes. Does wonders with every aspecs of the boost. Decent Def and Sdef (Plus Sandstorm boost) makes him hard to take down. The Satk boost is useful to 1HKO Gliscor and 2HKO Hippowdon (who, incidentally, can't do much back against that Def boost). The Attack and Speed increase work in the same way as a DDTar. The EVs were a bit of guess work. It was either Jolly and 252 Speed to outspeed Starmie and Co after receiving a boost or Adamant + Atk EVs which I thought was best if I was going to do some damage with only one Atk boost.
Okay, Avalanche might be better over ice beam since it'll be stronger in the long run

dpmfa260.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

Cool Mixpert(ish thingo... Boah anyone?) to take electric attacks for me. From behind a substitute Pert wreaks havak, 2HKOing major walls like Skarm and Weezing with Hydro Pump, making Blissey pay with Focus Pump, and nailing Dragons with Ice Beam. Unfortunatly draining Swamperts PP often works against me but most opponents take a bundle... Perhaps I should be running an Endeavor set, it certainly would work with Substitute... but then It can't recieve Batton Pass boosts if it needs to, which I really want it to be able to do.
If you want to subpunch well against blissey, take a few DEF ev's and throw them into HP to get 101's

dpmfa227.png

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/72 Atk/184 Spd
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash

SD Skarm. I'm concidering swapping to Impish as I feel Adamant doesn't provide me with the Defence needed to get a SD off. Oftern I'm a 2HKO for strong sweepers, expecially if their STAB is nuteral. Night Slash can hurt Starmie and Gengar on the switch in as they hope to get a Thunderbolt on me!
Fine, fine, don't like the idea of SD skarm much but it could work

dpmfa121.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf

Skarm tents to attract Heatrans, so I needed a spinner who doesn't die to Overheat / Earth Power. Recovery is a nice added bonus. Also takes down a few other key threats, although I don't know if I need Thunderbolt for Gyara or Ice Beam more...?
Fine, Tbolt is better than ice beam since ttar and swampert handle dragons nicely

Comments in bold.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Ah, 101 subs. Fogot about that, thanks.

Ice Beam does about a billion times better against Hippowdon and Gliscor. With Avalanche they wall me flat.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Don't like Explosion on Gar without Life Orb. Regardless, you just need 180 Spd EVs and neutral nature to reach 451.

Skarmory can hit the two things you mentioned harder with Brave Bird.

Impish 244 HP/ 48 Atk/ 216 Spd gets you the jump on Breloom and company, or Impish 244 HP/ 232 Def/ 20 Atk/ 12 Spd.

Last edited:

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
ummm, idk how but never knew Togekiss can learn Tri-attack o.o". Anyway, I'd rather have Air Slash or FlameThrower over AP, because one for type coverage, and two AP isn't that reliable even with Serene Grace :/.

And Item Clause sux :(.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Don't like Explosion on Gar without Life Orb. Regardless, you just need 180 Spd EVs and neutral nature to reach 451.

Skarmory can hit the two things you mentioned harder with Brave Bird.

Impish 244 HP/ 48 Atk/ 216 Spd gets you the jump on Breloom and company.
Probably switch to Hp [Ice]... perhaps. Allows me to go with Thunderbolt on Starmie. Brave Bird leeches my Hp, and on a 'tank' I'm not particularily fond of that (despite the impression Swampert might leave)

ummm, idk how but never knew Togekiss can learn Tri-attack o.o". Anyway, I'd rather have Air Slash or FlameThrower over AP, because one for type coverage, and two AP isn't that reliable even with Serene Grace :/.

And Item Clause sux :(.
What does Air Slash or Flamethrower give me? Jack all. At lease sugest suitable alternatives. You completly mistake the point of Ancient Power. The damage it does means nothing to me (bar the odd Salamence 2HKO)

Item Clause doesn't exist outside of the battle tower.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
Probably switch to Hp [Ice]... perhaps. Allows me to go with Thunderbolt on Starmie. Brave Bird leeches my Hp, and on a 'tank' I'm not particularily fond of that (despite the impression Swampert might leave)

What does Air Slash or Flamethrower give me? Jack all. At lease sugest suitable alternatives. You completly mistake the point of Ancient Power. The damage it does means nothing to me (bar the odd Salamence 2HKO)

Item Clause doesn't exist outside of the battle tower.

oh, sry missed the "Battle Tower" part :p. But seriously, can u tell me how its gonna learn Triattack o.o?

Interesting team, Sunday! :O

I could say some noobish stuff about hax isn't always the best way to always rely on a Pokemon...but hey, it's a completely different concept to everything I've seen as of recent times, so...well done! :)

Personally, I dislike Explosion on Gengar, and usually I choose to go with Destiny Bond, but since your set isn't...like mine, I think I won't comment on that any further.

Interesting team in all, I can't see anything seriously bad about any of your sets, although...they are intriguing. :p

OH, missed it >_>....

Last edited:

Imperator_Venit

Interesting team, Sunday! :O

I could say some noobish stuff about hax isn't always the best way to always rely on a Pokemon...but hey, it's a completely different concept to everything I've seen as of recent times, so...well done! :)

Personally, I dislike Explosion on Gengar, and usually I choose to go with Destiny Bond, but since your set isn't...like mine, I think I won't comment on that any further.

Interesting team in all, I can't see anything seriously bad about any of your sets, although...they are intriguing. :p

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
seems pretty cool. noone expects a swords dance skarm so when it dances instead of spiking people will have no idea what to switch in

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
oh, sry missed the "Battle Tower" part :p. But seriously, can u tell me how its gonna learn Triattack o.o?

*sigh*

Sticking with Explosion as Blissey gives me enough anguish as it is.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
252 HP/ 216 Def/ 40 SAtk if you want to Sub on Swampert. Not preferable, though.

The Skarmory spread is still recommended. Given you're open to any non-Choice Chomp, which your only guard is Skarmory and let's face it, you can't touch it back, Whirlwind would at least work on Skarm if only to help against SubSDChomp.

^ Then at least know what you have now is not a OHKO. And fix up the ScarfGar EVs. I'll say it again - it only needs 180 Spd EVs, neutral.

Star Dust

live let live.
Damage from YOUR Gar explosion on 252Def/252 HP Bliss.
Damage: 64.29% - 75.63%

It will probably expect a focus blast and heal itself.

With Life Orb, 64 Atk evs, Gengar does..
Damage: 91.60% - 107.84%

A chance of OHKO.

Just suggesting.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
252 HP/ 216 Def/ 40 SAtk if you want to Sub on Swampert. Not preferable, though.
No thanks, I'd rather 2HKO Weezing / Skarms

^ Then at least know what you have now is not a OHKO. And fix up the ScarfGar EVs. I'll say it again - it only needs 180 Spd EVs, neutral.
Duh, I realise. Changed Gars nature, the pervious was a typo.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
No thanks, I'd rather 2HKO Weezing / Skarms

Duh, I realise. Changed Gars nature, the pervious was a typo.

So can 40 SAtk Evs. You probably know that. The difference is a 5-10% chance, and not like 52 SAtk is a guarantee, anyway. That difference as opposed to the ability to make 101 Subs - it's fairly obvious which has a better return.

And then again, you never had problems with Skarmory and Weezing to start with.

Gar - It's not a OHKO now either, so I suggest you simply forget the Atk EVs and throw them into HP or something. Not much point in boosting it when it doesn't OHKO.

Reiterating my point about Skarm. You don't need to have Whirlwind if you don't want to, but at least change the EV spread for much more comfortable SDing.

You sound like you've been reading too much Smogon, where they tell you standard MixPert should have 401 HP.

hey wait, didn't you post the exact same team, thread title and all, in Smogon?

What does that matter?

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
You don't seem to realise how small a **** I give about outspeeding Breloom with Skarmory. I also do not want a Defencive Skarmory. You must realise that. Having said that Night Slash is 100% filler, so I may put some support over there. But Skarms has enough to do so Agility is the most likely change.

Explosion has other uses than Blissey. Say, every Pokemon in the game that's not Rock / Steel / Ghost type?

Updating Swmpert. People on Smogon gave me some decent advice and you guys may aswell see how good it was. All Dragons are now a 1HKO. Plus Blissey is a FP then an EQ away.

Last edited:

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
You don't seem to realise how small a **** I give about outspeeding Breloom with Skarmory. I also do not want a Defencive Skarmory. You must realise that. Having said that Night Slash is 100% filler, so I may put some support over there. But Skarms has enough to do so Agility is the most likely change.

No one in this thread ever suggested a defensive Skarmory. An example being 212 HP/ 152 Def/ 144 Spd DDGyarados - which is not defensive either If I told you to ditch Swords Dance then it would've been a different story.

'Breloom and company' lie at the range of Jolly TTar. The aforementioned 'company' is a rather significant group. Breloom isn't even the point here. The point is that reaching that point gives you an edge in finishing off/Roosting. Certainly an issue worth noting. And if you'd looked carefully, my set and yours don't differ much. It was just a matter of fine-tuning.

Setting Agility isn't even worth the moveslot. For a start you'd hardly be able to pull both stat-ups off. Even Steel Wing is a superior option. Most viable would be Whirlwind. Night Slash, naturally, was inferior from the very start.

Explosion has other uses than Blissey. Say, every Pokemon in the game that's not Rock / Steel / Ghost type?

That would be my point exactly. You've got it right. If it doesn't OHKO Blissey even with 64 EVs then why waste them? Plenty stuff you can mop up even with an unboosted Explosion.

What purpose does 64 Atk EVs neutral unboosted serve specifically? Just curious.

Updating Swmpert. People on Smogon gave me some decent advice and you guys may aswell see how good it was. All Dragons are now a 1HKO. Plus Blissey is a FP then an EQ away.

General public intelligence at Smogon > general public intelligence at Serebii doesn't mean that everyone in the forums is around the aforementioned levels. By the way, being an EQ away from KOing Blissey means nothing when it outspeeds you and Softboils away the damage. You probably mean Focus Punching it again. But then again, who even switches Blissey in on a Swampert?

OHKOing Dragons sounds pretty nice, actually. Although, you'd be hard-pressed to switch in Swampert on Dragons, seeing as that most of them 2HKO you, when you've lost so much defensive power.

Another negative effect from having 252HP/ 16 Atk/ 240 SAtk Swampert is the threat of CBTar. It gets in, then it presses Stone Edge/ Crunch. Swampert used to be able to take even two Crunches most of the time, now it can't. This is another thing you should take note of.

Additionally, 236 HP/ 216 Spd/ 56 SAtk or Def is a better spread for Starmie.

Now you might be very ****** off at me for disagreeing with you on some accounts (of course I hope you're not), but in all actuality I think this is a pretty good and creative/fun team. Fine-tuning it is all I'm doing. If it was bad/average/did not catch my eye, then I wouldn't have bothered to rate it.