• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Event Legitimacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkgdy

Hello! First off I want to apologize if this is in the wrong section, but as I will be trading to/from 4th gen games, I am posting this here.

After scouring ebay, I happened to come across a few event pokemon, and I am just curious as to the legitimacy of them. A few, for example...

Celebi Lv. 70
Pokeball
OT: 10 ANIV
ID: 00010
*10th Anniversary Event of sorts

Dragonite
(pink?) ball
OT: TRU
ID: 11088
*ToysRUs Event on 11.08.08

Shaymin
(pink?) ball
OT: TRU
ID: 02089
*ToysRUs Event on 02.08.09

Among several other japanese event pokemon. I do realize these are (more than likely) "copies," but other than that, do the pokemon themselves look legit? I'd just like to know before I decide whether individual pokemon are worth my money.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
They're legit. At least they look that way. IF you ever need to confirm, check the frontsite and check under EVent only pokemon.

On a side note, dude, you shouldn't spend money on these. I mean that's robbery dude! Those events were free, why should you pay for them? Think long and hard about it dude.

Mkgdy

Thank you for the quick replay :).. Also, I'm still debating. As of now I have zero funds in my paypal account as it is, so I'll give it a few days to think it over. I do realize it's flat out robbery... But then again, the chances of another Mew event happening any time soon would seem to be quite slim. And, unfortunately for me, I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to games.. Whether it be achievements on the Xbox 360, or catching all 493 pokemon. ;201-m;

Drako

Darkness Eternal
Well, look at it like this, you can trade for a mew on this very site. Here's the list of pokemon i've traded in the past week:

10th anni lugi
10th anni ho-oh
ageto celebi
10th anni celebi
mystery mew
3 darkrai's 1 almia, 1 newmoon, 1 alamos
space c deoxys
tru dragonite and shaymin

All of these were UT too. So people are out there, that will trade you rare pokemon, it's a just a matter of pursuading them to do so. =p

Azure Flame

Well, look at it like this, you can trade for a mew on this very site. Here's the list of pokemon i've traded in the past week:

10th anni lugi
10th anni ho-oh
ageto celebi
10th anni celebi
mystery mew
3 darkrai's 1 almia, 1 newmoon, 1 alamos
space c deoxys
tru dragonite and shaymin

All of these were UT too. So people are out there, that will trade you rare pokemon, it's a just a matter of pursuading them to do so. =p

Just so you know, all NewMoon Island Darkrai's are hacked. There is no legit way to get one yet, since the item you need isn't out. The only way is to hack, or use a walk through walls cheat to get there. So if you get a Darkrai and it says it's from NewMoon Island, it's not legit. Only the movie and Ranger ones are.

randomspot555

Just so you know, all NewMoon Island Darkrai's are hacked. There is no legit way to get one yet, since the item you need isn't out. The only way is to hack, or use a walk through walls cheat to get there. So if you get a Darkrai and it says it's from NewMoon Island, it's not legit. Only the movie and Ranger ones are.

Wrong.

Member's Card was released for Japanese Platinum.

Scootlaboot

Redneck Gamer
Wrong.

Member's Card was released for Japanese Platinum.

So to rectify the original comment, all non-Japanese new moon darkrais are hacked, and I'd think trading for one, even if it is Japanese.

randomspot555

So to rectify the original comment, all non-Japanese new moon darkrais are hacked, and I'd think trading for one, even if it is Japanese.

If it helps, Japanese Newmoon Darkrai in Plat is encountered at level 50, rather than 40 in D/P. Same goes for Shaymin, who's key item is announced for release (but date TBD) for Japanese Plat.

themonsteroftheisland

A few things:
1) Don't buy pokemon on eBay.

2) DON'T buy pokemon on ebay :p. Seriously.

3) There is no way of knowing whether or not the Pokemon are Legit. They may be "legal" in the sense that they are completely within the parameters of a pokemon that can be generated by the game itself.

I know from personal experience that with a little research one can create indistinguishable hacks.

This isn't horrible on the surface: if you can't distinguish between a hack and a real pokemon using ANY METHOD, then isn't it basically a real pokemon? Well, yes and no: events are meant to have a certain amount of exclusivity which is completely ruined by hacking.

Because of hacking, every trade with a stranger is suspect, robbing legitimacy and peace of mind from this generation's major feature: online play.

Enter the ebay seller. This dude has either backed up his save game or hacked a bunch of copies of a legendary pokemon. If people buy this crap, they are basically printing money. If you are REALLY DESPERATE for a legend, either become a hacker (not recommended) or start using that pokeradar to catch some shinies to trade for events.

Status
Not open for further replies.