• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Event Pokemon...

Coey890

Optimistic Geek
Comments in bold. And I think they could put some of the events in-game, and then put conditions you really do have to work for in order to get them. Like, I see no reason why deoxys/jirachi wasn't allowed to be caught. It should have been that after the 1000 rocket launch, you get to launch into space, then you battle him. But that would mean that you would have to wear a space suit and so would your pokemon, unless they didn't need to breathe. Maybe you could only have pokemon that came from space themselves, like lunatone/solrock and metagross. That would have tied nicely in with getting the beldum from steven after the e4. And a legendary, maybe manaphy or something could have easily been put in the underwater castle thing near Undella town. That would have been pretty cool. I do think it isn't fair how if you can't get to an event or have wi-fi, then you can't get quite a few good pokemon. And just getting the events is boring. You should have to actually catch them.

I actually said the part about using my favorite Pokemon, he just edited it into his post\accidentally put in in there.

Just had to say.

Anyways, thanks for telling him the stuff I thought about me buying a 35 dollar game for a mew. I'm 13 years old and I get 0-5 dollars a week.

ChedWick

Techinically, mew is a god. Mew has the Gene's of all 693. Therefore, Mew is like a "minor god"

Groudons big enough to be a god.

That doesn't make mew a god

Comments in bold.

L2Forum

I get what OP is saying. Some event Pokemon would fit into the story or even just as a side quest to obtain. No I don' think every Pokemon should be offered. That takes away some of the fun.

randomspot555

Anyways, thanks for telling him the stuff I thought about me buying a 35 dollar game for a mew. I'm 13 years old and I get 0-5 dollars a week.[/FONT][/CENTER]

Ranch is actually something like $10.

And the point still stands: The main Pokemon game gives you access, just by itself, to most mons within the region, and a whole lot more after you get the national dex. If you want others, you might have to put in some effort, time, money, or a combination of.

And even though you earn very little, you also as a 13 year old have few to no obligations. There's absolutely no reason you couldn't save up $10-15, get a WiiPoints card, and purchase Ranch.

Plus the whole CONCEPT of Pokemon like Mew is they're supposed to be rare. Not rare as in Dialga/Palkia rare, as in RARELY SEEN BY ANYONE rare. It makes no sense for Pokemon like Mew to just randomly show up.

Some people will just never be happy.

They do event distributions at stores in Gens I-III, people whine about more events not being held.

In Gen 4, they DRASTICALLY expand the amount of locations for events and even do some on Wi-Fi. Still people complain.

Gen 5, Dream World/Global Link makes it easier than ever to get some cool stuff, the one international event legendary so far was Wi-Fi, and still people complain.

Sorry, kids. You aren't going to get something for nothing. That just isn't how gaming has or ever has worked.

Look at it: We have DLC where you have to pay for content thats already programmed into the game. If you ask me, Pokemon has been pretty good to us fans, doing the most to get events out there as possible.

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
I actually like how Pokemon are distributed through events, even though I tend to miss all of the non-wifi ones, and, even then, I miss Wifi ones. Lol

xXShinyUmbreonXx

This presupposes, as previously stated (several times) that life is fair. It isn't, and by golly, if this video game and being deprived of a small packet of images and mathematical data are the only ways in your life you ever encounter that fact, you are among the truly blessed.

Of course I'll NEVER argue that this "issue" is in any way more important than some of the other major problems in this world, or that it truly matters at all. And I'll also never argue that life is fair at all. After all, millions are starving in Africa and Asia, and even quite a few in my own country. And here we are arguing whether or not data and pixels should be more available.

You do have every right to obtain the Pokémon. No one is stopping you. If you don't live near one of the stores where the event is being given away, that's unfortunate, and if you don't have access to Wi-Fi, that too is unfortunate. But that's all that it is - unfortunate.
As much as I do agree with you, and given there are plenty of people that don't have this problem at all, this doesn't mean that we cannot fix the situation to where more people can get it. Not that gamefreak really cares about this minority's opinions. They've done a more than adequate job supplying and providing events, I am just saying that there is potential to do better. This is unlikely to happen, though, given that the current system works perfectly fine.
That you, personally - you not necessarily being you to whom I am responding, but rather "you" in the sense of anyone making this complaint (new and original one that it is...) - are unable to access events despite them being split between the two methods these days is not an indictment of the distribution means. No one would claim that the purpose of events is to give these Pokémon to everyone - that, obviously, is patently impossible.

No, the purpose of events is to get these Pokémon to as many people as possible. And between the number of people who live near a Toys 'R Us (or a GameStop, on occasion) and the number of people who are able to do at least one or the other is considerable. If that were not the case, they would no longer do the events that way.
True. I agree.
All of the arguments against events in this thread run afoul of these very simple facts - that life is not fair, and you are not being deprived of any essential material for not being able to obtain the events. If one's desire is to respond with an impassioned argument about "striving to make everyone's situation better" - through children's video games and the monsters within, no less - or whatever you prefer, then by all means, do so. I'm simply pointing out that these are the realities of the matter, and if the reality doesn't suit you personally, that's unfortunate, but the fact is that the reality suits the majority, which is what matters in the end.
First off, I'd like to start with a question. And this is serious, and in no way mocking whatsoever. Can you really say impassioned? I've always heard it said passionate, but given the meaning of the prefix, I see no reason it can't be. Please inform me. And now onto my point. You really overestimate how much I care about this issue. In fact, it doesn't matter to me at all, given that I have plenty of ways to get these events. It just took a long time to type, and that's about as much as I've put forth emotionally into this. And the "striving to improve the situation" thing. Sure, I will most definitely give it to you that this thing truly and really has, at absolute most, a very minimal effect on a very small group's lives, and therefore will more than likely not be changed, given that the situation works for the majority, and that it can be said that it is ideal for most. However, given my current situation, I do not have any options to improve the true issues of the world, and as such am working to where I can do some good in the future, I have instead decided to see if I can find or propose a situation that could work for the slight few that would like to have an opportunity to have these pokemon, but can't. Not that I truly matter in the long run.

And as for completing the Pokédex, it will register as complete if you obtain every critter save for the event giveaways. So there's that.
Confirmed, event exclusive pokemon do not affect the in-game pokedex completion.

Not to insult you, as you put forth a very good and logical arguement, which I respect and wish there was more of around the internet, but I could have sworn that I said at least once that this didn't matter to me in my original post, and I don't like it when people assume what I'm feeling or my thoughts on the matter. I thought I even said that this issue was nothing important compared to any real problem in the world, but I may not have, and for that, I'm sorry for any confusion. Although I can see that your post was more of a general response, and so I don't think it was truly meant to assume things about one person.
EDIT: Oh and I'm sorry for the way I do my comments, just joined (not that this should be an excuse) and don't feel like going through putting /quote and start quote again. Chalk it up to laziness.

Last edited:

Cratess

Ghostbuster
I actually like how Pokemon are distributed through events, even though I tend to miss all of the non-wifi ones, and, even then, I miss Wifi ones. Lol

Same here,it would be nice if they had their own storylines but as what one guy said they would lose their value being events.

BCVM22

First off, I'd like to start with a question. And this is serious, and in no way mocking whatsoever. Can you really say impassioned? I've always heard it said passionate, but given the meaning of the prefix, I see no reason it can't be. Please inform me.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/impassion

You really overestimate how much I care about this issue. In fact, it doesn't matter to me at all, given that I have plenty of ways to get these events.

I'm not overestimating anything. I wasn't replying to you specifically nor was I specifically replying to the user whose post I quoted; it was, as you noted, a general response.

xXShinyUmbreonXx

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/impassion

I'm not overestimating anything. I wasn't replying to you specifically nor was I specifically replying to the user whose post I quoted; it was, as you noted, a general response.
Thank you for teaching me a new word then. And yes, I do realize that it was a general response, and was creating a response detailing my opinions and thoughts. However, my wording was not the best, and I could have definitely said that better. So, I apologize for that.

Coey890

Optimistic Geek
Ranch is actually something like $10.
And even though you earn very little, you also as a 13 year old have few to no obligations. There's absolutely no reason you couldn't save up $10-15, get a WiiPoints card, and purchase Ranch.

I have Pokémon Ranch, but I don't have Diamond or Pearl. My siblings have Diamond and Pearl, I have Platinum.

But still, it doesn't matter, like I said, I only need Kip, my good ol' Lv. 100 Torterra and I'm good to go. ;389; :D

Yeah, I know that it sounds silly to say that, with me having posted things about it being unfair and all. But this thread is about event Pokémon anyways, so what else is there to talk about? XD

Anyways, I don't really want to argue. Everybody has their own reasons and opinions which are true from their own perspective, which is fine with me. :)

xXShinyUmbreonXx

Anyways, I don't really want to argue. Everybody has their own reasons and opinions which are true from their own perspective, which is fine with me. :)
Yeah, I think this is one really of those topics that really has no right or wrong, or possibly that both sides can be right at the same time. Sort of like the B/W storyline of Ideals vs Truth, in that the truth is realistic, but the ideals are what some people would like to see happen.

I think it's fine how it is.

Techinically, mew is a god. Mew has the Gene's of all 693. Therefore, Mew is like a "minor god"

No. Chimps share 98% of our DNA, meaning they have our genes. Does that make them a "minor god?" No, of course not.

And btw, it's 649 total Pokemon.

Groudons big enough to be a god.

No, Groudon's power over the Earth is what makes him a god.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Getting event pokemon is annoying.=_=
I want them with my OT.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
if there were no event pokemon, pokemon would become an easier game and not as fun. if there are events, pokemon won't be as exclusive

Draco_Ariel888

運命の剣
Personally I think that event Pokemon should stay as they are, however be more easily accessible for users all over the world.

I also believe that Pokemon that are available via a Wifi event should be put onto an official database on the Pokemon website, so they can be accessed by users that missed out later on.

So the rarity of the event Pokemon is important, but the accessibility should also be important in my opinion as well.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Personally I think that event Pokemon should stay as they are, however be more easily accessible for users all over the world.

I also believe that Pokemon that are available via a Wifi event should be put onto an official database on the Pokemon website, so they can be accessed by users that missed out later on.

So the rarity of the event Pokemon is important, but the accessibility should also be important in my opinion as well.

I agree with you.

randomspot555

Getting event pokemon is annoying.=_=
I want them with my OT.

But then they wouldn't be event Pokemon. Except in the rare egg distribution, all event Pokemon are from other "trainers"

There is no possible way that they could be any more widely available. Distributing them in Japan, the US, Europe, and Australia, AND through Wi-Fi, AND sometimes through spinoffs/side games.

The whole point of these in-store events is mostly to get people in to buy other products. Admittedly, it's a more effective strategy in Japan where a lot of events take place at Pokemon Centers, but I digress.

And let's be honest: Most people playing a game aren't even going to be aware of an event that happened 2+ years ago, let alone want one. The few people who would would be small, and therefore the huge cost of hosting these on a server somewhere would be a money pit.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Event legendaries should stay events, end of.

Haunter ゴースト

Randomspot, im curious to know.

What makes you defend event Pokemon so much in terms of recieving them?

Do you not find it annoying or difficult to do?

Would you not prefer your own OT instead of theirs?

Besides the fact they would be easier to obtain and therefore lose some sort of value, in which case a rule could be made where the player has to catch every other Pokemon, or battle 'X' amount of trainers, I don't see why your against it so much.

It would be easier for everybody to enjoy every apsect of the game and not have to miss out.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Simply put: You ain't going to get something for nothing if you want to enjoy Pokemon on another level. It might take time, effort, money, or a combination of. It's easier to "catch them all" now, much easier, than it was back in Gen I, where you HAD TO know someone to trade with, and go to events.

Or just use the numerous in-game glitches in Gen 1 to obtain infinite numbers of Mew and other legendaries, lol jk. I'm glad the new Generations don't have glitches such as that and legendaries/events require effort to obtain, but a few more event opprtunities couldn't hurt. On a side note though, all that screwy programming in Gen 1 is part of what made those first pokemon games so fun.