• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ever battle yourself?

Gamekrazy

Ok, I consider myself fairly good when it comes to pokemon battling, and have assembled what I consider a good team of pokemon. So today, because I was bored, I used a battlepass I got over wifi, and fought myself in a free battle. I lost, but I actually felt good about it (in a way, I won when you think about it.)

So, has anybody here ever battled their own team? How did it turn out?

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
i do it all the time to test how well teams work together. sometimes they work, sometimes they fail miserably.

BadIntent

MSankey
I battle myself in free battle every time I make a new pass. The CPU has trouble using my teams, but sometimes it's a good way to find new ways to use them.

Darkrainer

RPH Elite Trainer
I never have battled myself before, but I will in a little while. My sister dropped my WiiMote about five months ago and it broke. Today I got a new one and it works again. Yay!!! I will battle my old team and see how much I have improved strategy and strength wise.

I battled my team, and I lost. The computer can use my Pokemon well. I was like "Dang, I can't believe I beat myself. I'm disappointed and happy." It was weird. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhypertank

"Rock" on the Water!
I often do it to test my actual team and I always see that my Defense-Team is pushed over the limits. Anyway, I always find a way to get out of trouble.

Sounds interesting. When I saw this thread, I thought that you meant where you control all of the actions. I would almost definitely lose though, since I'm too good.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i did that once on wi-fi, i won but it was a close one, i was lucky that i knew the weaker stats of my poke's. my dragonite was the most toughest to beat it killed two of the ones i was using in a row.

PsychicsRox

Yes, I did. XD I was trying my new team against my old team. And I won. XD Of course, how can my new team be weaker than my old team? XD

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
only when I'm bored, but the CPU can be really retarded when using them, even so my own Umbreon is a pain to kill, and my Chatot rapes! (if the foe can be smart enough use those tactics)

yea when i have nothing to do..

i test my teams by doing it

joshomac

Double Battler
i battled my brother and we both used my pokemon. He beat me!

Rad3n

Banned
Unfortunately, PBR style battles don't really reflect an accurate representation of Wifi teams. I'm more interested in beating my 6v6 team really.

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
well i battle myself just to see what team is better i tend to lose {duh} but other wise i have only done it about 5 times.