• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ever caught a legendary with a pokeball first try?

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
I remember back when i was about 11 i was playin gold version and i caught a suicune first try with just a pokeball i was like WTF?!?

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
in ruby i caught groudon the second time with a pokeball i paralyzed it and than possibly took it down to 1 hp. I usually do this but that was the lowest number of pokeballs i ever needed...

Melloyu

A zapdos in Yellow....
I was just joking that moment...
and I caught it , I was like this -> O_O'

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
Well, if it counts, I caught both dialga & palkia without using more than three poke balls.(On platinum)
Also caught lugia on my second ball.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
In my Silver, I found Entei unexpectedly, so I hadn't actually stocked up on anything except Pokeballs. So, I thought what the heck, might as well try one to see how bad they are against him... and I caught it!! It was a very special day for me.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
I caught Moltres with a Poke Ball on my first try. I couldn't find it in Victory Road and when I finally did I only had one Poke Ball.

I didn't actually think I had caught it...

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
This has actually happened to me twice. In LeafGreen I caught Moltres first try with a Pokeball. I was shocked, then I died laughing XP
It also happened to me in Pearl. I caught Mesprit with a Pokeball and I was like O_O'

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
If remember correctly i got Heatran with only one pokeball in Platinum... Then in Emerald i got Rayquaza with one pokeball... Kyorge with 2... Leafgreen i think i got Mewtwo with 2... The birds. only one that was easy was Articuno with 1.... And back in Crystal... I got.. Sucuine i think with just one.

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
In my Silver, I found Entei unexpectedly, so I hadn't actually stocked up on anything except Pokeballs. So, I thought what the heck, might as well try one to see how bad they are against him... and I caught it!! It was a very special day for me.

Same thing happened to me, but with Raikou. I was in total shock that I had caught it with just one pokeball, since I couldn't seem to keep Suicune in an ultra ball for more then one shake...

Katwalk

I caught BOTH Dialga and Palkia in platinum with dusk balls on the first try. I then bragged to all my friends about how awesome I was.

Ends With A Bang

Same thing happened to me, but with Raikou. I was in total shock that I had caught it with just one pokeball, since I couldn't seem to keep Suicune in an ultra ball for more then one shake...

I'm in absolute shock. The Raikou on my Crystal game is still roaming around as I just cannot get him to stay in that damn pokeball!

I haven't played the game since I was 8 but when I found my old GBA, I had a look and the little face is still moving about the map...taunting me. I refuse to even chase it anymore because it is just too frustrating.

I've never been lucky enough to catch one first try. :(

Last edited:

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I didn't even think it was possible until one time I was replaying Silver and I threw a Pokeball at Raikou (I didn't have any other Pokeballs) and it budged three times, but then it popped back out. I figured if it can do that, then it can be caught with a Pokeball, too!

Rank up!

Yes.
Believe it or not, with an ultra ball on the first try :3