• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ever got your cards stolen?

Condor

Entai Rules
Base set gyrados, I let my friends friend see my cards, he snagged my gyrados, and I blamed the wrong person for stealing it :(

jabs4

Yes unfortunately. A Japanese Base Set Electabuzz, US Base Set Electabuzz, & Dark Tyranitar (Neo III, IIRC?). I've been very fortunate otherwise.

seeker85

im glad i found this thread. back almost 9 years ago (when the card game first came about) i was a collection fiend. i spent so much money on the cards it wasnt funny. id sell the extra hologram cards to my friends and buy more cards with the money. i got the complete basic set. i was so excitied 1st ed charazard and blastoise were my pride and joy. then the jungle set came around i got almost a complete set. i also bought a few jap. cards i had a blanes charazard jap card that i loved a whole bunch. needless to say i had a lot of cards. it was my treasure. then one day i went to school like eveyother day. i came home to grab my cards to battle my friend...only they were gone. i freaked out. i asked my mom and dad where they were and thought it was a sick joke. a few days later i asked my parents to give them back. they told me they didnt have them and i didnt know what to do. come to find out my little brother took them and SOLD EVERY SINGLE CARD i owned... for 50 bucks. i was crushed. and ever since then i have not bought a single pack of cards.

ShinyPalkia

I borrowed my cards to my ex bestfriend ,(at the time she was my best friend, but now I haven't even spoken for her in years), so she could draw pictures to me.But after that I didn't get all my cards back. :(

Second: Last year me and my neighbor were outside looking my cards. Then my mom said the food was ready so I went inside to eat the lunch. When I came back everything seemed to be okay.
Few days after it, when I was looking my cards, I noticed that some cards were missing. I searched them, but I coudn't find them. Then I realized my neighbor stole them. I told to him that he has to give them back, he gave them back but not all of them.He still has some of my cards and everytime he asks can we trade Pokemon cards, I get really angry.

Last edited:

Brado

Bawlin'
Back when the tcg just started i had loads of the base set and jungle set, including 1st Ed Blastoise and Alakazam..
I cant remember fully but i just remember loosing EVERY one of them in the school toilets, I went back later and someone had obviously stolen them..

I just recently started again and have managed to keep all my cards in mint cond. =]

Psycho_Jirachi

Rhyperior is teh pwn
Nope. Nobody messes with me, I never let any losers I dont know or have a bad reputation around my stuff. Only my really trustworthy friends and so far, they have yet to dissappoint me.

Psycho_Jirachi

Rhyperior is teh pwn
Nope. Nobody messes with me, I never let any losers I dont know or have a bad reputation around my stuff. Only my really trustworthy friends and so far, they have yet to dissappoint me.

Psycho_Jirachi

Rhyperior is teh pwn

Aquarelle

Staff member
Not really, but my sister has "borrowed" most of mine to add on to her collection. >_>

~Aquarelle

Umby

Yes, two Typhlosion exs, one from Sandstorm and one from Unseen Forces and I lost a Suicune* :(

Ubernational

Top coordinator
All of my shinys and rares including charizard,Blastoise and vensaur from a while ago. It was when i was school but i found out who did and lets just say after we had a "Talk" i got them all back! and he left with a black eye:)

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Going a few years back (Neo 4 being launched in Japan) my Mum had this scumbag boyfriend, and his son was a jerk. Around that time, me and my brothers each had a small folder with our rarest cards in them, and after a visit from my mum's (now thankfully ex-)boyfriend and his son, the deletion of my 2002 Brent Cross Celebi on silver was deleted by him, and our cards went missing.

When we went over THEIR house, we found them all again, and got them back....but then I lost them xD

But worse off, around the time the first movie was launched over here, we recently moved into a new house, and our neighbour was a druggy.....my older brother had an awesome Base Set Alakazam deck......that was stolen by the neighbours daughter, and he found it soaking wet in the neighbours bush the next morning...also, some of our N64 games were stolen.

Last edited:

Twelm

Revived Player
I got Hit and Runned by some 7 year old with a big stick . he conked me on the back of the head , grabbed my Base set (which was 100% complete..)
and ran off . so sad ...

-Twelm
;093;

Medevilblader

Trainer since 2001
No one has ever stolen any of my cards, I always kept them so close to me and in my sight that if they stole them, I would have known it. I haven't bought any more cards in years though... ever since they came out with the set with Torchic and Blaziken, I forget the sets name.

EDIT: Stealing Pokemon cards in my school was common though, I remember it occuring once or twice, then I think they banned them, and then Yu-Gi-Oh! was banned some years later. I'm certain though that I never had any of my cards stolen though... but I might have and just can't remember, it's been quite awhile.

Last edited:

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Well, when Pokemon cards were popular at my old school, the classic thing people did was...

Them: Hey! He stole my cards!
Teacher: Okay, give them back...
Me: But these are mine! He's having you on!
Teacher: Don't you lie to me! Give him his cards back!
Me: I'm not lying, he is! He's done this to many other people before!
Them: *starts to cry*

In the end, I get detention, he gets my cards, and I give him a black eye for free...

I then get double detention T_T

Soon after, Pokemon cards were banned. That was why I stopped playing this game intially.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
Yeah, when i was five, my brother, who is an overall jerk, stole my cards then gave them after he took my good cards.

Worlock159

Team....cant find 1
when i was in kindergarden there were these brotheres and i didnt know my cards were worth more than a quarter and lost half of my cards at the time and once they stole one of my mewtwo and one of my freinds who were older then all of em went and wooped em and gto them back

i havent took my cards back to school sense even tho they have left pluss none in my school even has cards that i know of