• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ever gotten a Pokemon from a movie/store?

Schiz

Well, I'm not sure if anybody has ever been to Japan, or if they are living there now, but I'm wondering if anybody has ever used a game from a country other than Japan to receive the free pokemon they give out at Pokemon centers or at movies in Japan.

As a second part to this question, to those that have been to places to get pokemon, such as the Toys R Us giveaways or the Pokemon Store in New York, how do you know which pokemon they are giving away and when they are? Does it show up in advertisements at the store only, or do they have a flyer that comes in the newspaper or something? Hope you can shed some light on this subject! I would love to get a Shaymin at the movie next year! I missed my chance at a Darkrai :(.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Sombody digs them up. I got mah Manaphy from JB-Hi-Fi because of Toasted T.V and the amazing poeple on this fourm.

latios reborn

yeah i heard about manaphy from them also even though i find pip annoying and also the fact that it didn't happen in my state =X.

but anyhoo they are normally advertised a few weeks before or in movie's case i'm guessing they would have signs or something.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
I have faint memories of getting a mew on my red version when i was like 5 or something...

but anyhoo they are normally advertised a few weeks before or in movie's case i'm guessing they would have signs or something.

Australia got Manaphy but we never had ANY advertising at all. Not even instoor on the day.

latios reborn

yeah mainland Australia not Tasmania. and there was advertising i seen it even on the nintendo website a few days before it.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
yeah mainland Australia not Tasmania. and there was advertising i seen it even on the nintendo website a few days before it.

lol, ok so the website has a single page saying its on. Does that get the message out into the 99% of the public which doesn't check the site every 3 weeks? No. It doesn't.

Slick

Banned
Manaphy from JB Hi-Fi. My first real event... >:]

Silver Suicune

Milotic = My Erotic
I got Manaphy from Ranger, so I didn't go to JB Hi-Fi.
But a few years back I got a Celebi from Westfield.

latios reborn

lol, ok so the website has a single page saying its on. Does that get the message out into the 99% of the public which doesn't check the site every 3 weeks? No. It doesn't.

i didn't say it was good advertising.

and still not happy about it not happening here

Nope. I even never got events myself. I think the last event in Belgium was in 1999.

halloweenghost

my toys r us advertises it and there is usually info on the net about a month or so before.. darkrai has not been released outside of Japan yet so it'll come soon... so just hang around the boards you'll see topics about giveways such as "manaphy giveway at toys R us"

wcgold

Last year I went to the Westfield Southcenter in Seattle, WA to get a Celebi, and some of the "Top 20" Pokémon. For some reason the Celebi line was practically dead, and the Top 20 line was so long that it was about a 15-minute wait.

latios reborn

the JBHF event was the second one i knew about.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Well, sometimes there are notices in magazines, such as with the most recent US event, it was in an Issue of Nintendo Power, and luckely I was there and got a Manaphy in both my Diamond and Pearl, and one is being used, unfortunately it became Uber soon after(Most likely due to the event, but I don't understand how such a cute little pokemon can be an Uber like Dialga, Palkia, or Arceus(Those were just examples)).

latios reborn

see in australia or my state we don't have the best advertising for events. and then of course they miss states due to the fact that thye must be scared of water or something

Ska Na Na

eccentric collector
aside from the mew that i waited in line forever for back in the r/b/y days, recent pokemon events have gotten me a mew, celebi, and manaphy. the mew was advertised in a magazine, as well as in the toys r us flyer. the other two, one of my friends told me about. I guess he saw them advertised on the internet.
you just have to keep an eye out for that stuff.

*hopes for a deoxys event in the near future*