• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ever gotten really Lucky?

Kai678

Umbreon Trainer
Well when I was learning about EV training, I found a pokemon with pokerus :p. After a while when I had completely lost pokerus, I found a wild taillow with it in Ruby. Then again on Diamond on a wild Mawile.

Last edited:

mewslayer118

Mewslayer
I was just walking through grass when I started my diamond game and met a shiny Shinx! This was before I even started chaining. Luckily I had 5 poke balls on me to catch it! Unbelievable, I now have a level 81 shiny Luxray! I remember I caught a Shiny Sentret on my old Silver game and I never realised it until after about 6 months!!!

poke master gunther

WaterPokemonTrainer
I ran into Mespirit with only one regular poke ball by accident not expecting it and threw my poke ball while at full health and caught it

Raikou_fan

After relatively little SRing (considering how long it could have taken) I was able to catch a shiny Shaymin. I SR'd for a while, but got tired of it, then the other day I just decided to start up again on a whim. Anyway, I was so freaked out when it showed up I just chucked a master ball at it, but it's shiny nonetheless. Luckiest thing thats ever happened in pkmn for me.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I ran into 4 random shinies in the time of a month. I actually just bumped into a
74.png
at 6:11 today. It's Naughty, Somewhat Vain, and Sturdy.

mrsora

Magically Delicious!
I caught Dialga and Palkia in Platinum with pokeballs at full health, on the first try for each

Ever gotten so damn lucky that you've wanted to jump for joy??

well I did once, when I got a shiny torchic without trying when breeding torchic!

so just post any expereinces where youve gotten really lucky, or really unlucky!

well battle wise yes i used to get vary lucky

such as thunder hitting in sun. 50%

lately my battle luck is horrible every turn when i can get Haxed i do get Haxed. EVEDRY TURN...i even counted lawlz

Darkrailuver

Rathalos Knight
In my Emerald, Ho-oh with a pokeball! (yes a plain pokeball.)
And day 1 with Platinum, Shiny Geodude!
I was like YESSSSSS!

JerisEnigma

Unemployed Red Mage
On my very first playthrough on Diamond I found a shiny Wurmple the first time I went into that first forest.
It was like the 3rd Wurmple I'd seen, too! ^_^

I get pretty lucky and find good deals on the GTS, too.
I found 2 Jirachi's and Celebi's for common legends like Zapdos and actually got 'em! w00t w00t!

Sohashi

In my platinum hunt to get every legendary, i still havent used my master ball and caught every catchable legend in Plat. including darkrai and shaymin YEEESSSS!! and also i have been breeding many pokemon, and have all but 3 starters

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
This may not seem lucky to you but to me it is so... I started using the Poke Radar to try and find a Snorunt. constantly finding Medicham, Machoke, and Sneasal. then on my planned-to-be-last use of the radar I walked around randomly (I couldn't see where the bushes shook because of the stupid snow/hail) and found a bush that had shook. Inside was a Snorunt and it was a girl too! I wanted a female snorunt cus I wanted to evolve it into a Froslass. so yeah I would say that was lucky for me

tomthepom

Only with Your Mom, lol sorry about that, couldn't help myself.

In Platinum caught a Shiny Darkrai,

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
2 alike cases
when phanpy was on swarm i got a stantler
when dunsparce was on swarm i got a smeargle

lucario99

Red is pure awesome

I fished out a shiny Gyarados seconds after I said, "wouldn't it be funny if I found a shiny here one day?"

Once thought to myself, "wouldn't it be funny if the first Pokémon I found today was a shiny?" I found a Diglett - first Pokémon encounter of the day - and it turned out shiny.

yeah and one day it started raining pancakes seconds after i said "wouldn't it be funny if it started raining pancakes?"