• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ever had an anime-esque moment in-game?

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
My Pikachu beat Lt. Surges Raichu in LG just like Ash's did in the anime.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I remember on RBY, I almost always beat Brock with only a 1hp rattata left.

The magic goes out of it when you do it two or three times.

dagon22

Charmander master!
It's been years, but once I was battling Clair with my lapras. After beating one of her pokemon, lapras learned ice beam! I am pretty sure that I beat her after that.

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures
I'm saving my Charmeleon to evolve right before Cynthia to go up against her Garchomp :) Jolly natured so it should strike first, and it knows both Fire Blast and Dragon Pulse, should do the trick :)

A fight between Ash's Charizard and Cynthia's Garchomp in the anime would be epic.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I was fighting Gardenia and it was down to my Zubat against her Roserade.

I don't remember much, but Zubat had trouble taking hits from that Roserade.

I knocked Roserade out to about 40% health with Wing Attack, while she hit me hard with Weather ball(?), knocking me down to 40% HP left.

I used Theif to steal her Sitrus Berry and Zubat recovered enough HP to survive her next attack with about 10% HP left.

Zubat's Wing Attack KO'd it.

He's a Crobat now, named Charlie, and he and I have been flying around Sinnoh, training pokemon, stealing from Luvdisc, providing back-up for battles, ever since.

Arceu$_EX

The Antagoni$t
i was in battle tower i had toxicroak as my last pokemon he had about 20 hp left he was fighting i believe a lileep with aboutthe same who kept confusing and protecting croak kept hitting hisself EVERYTIME but at my last attempt to win i landed a EQ wow that was close

yeminied

I was fighting Misty in FireRed and I was down to my last Pokemon, a Fearow. Misty had her last Pokemon out, a Starmie.

Starmie used water pulse. Knocks 40% health off Fearow

Fearow used fury attack. Fearow missed.

Starmie used water pulse. Knocks 40% health off Fearow

Fearow used fury attack. Fearow attacked not once, not twice but five times knocking Misty's Starmie out.

I was so happy.

But then in the Vermilion Gym Lt. Surge and I were down to our last Pokemon each, Raichu and Fearow.

Raichu used thunderbolt. Knocks 80% health off Fearow.

Fearow used fury attack. Fearow attacked not once, not twice but four times ensuring me the victory.

I swear this Fearow is just a lucky machine. I love her so much.

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
I used Ash's Hoenn team in Emerald and went down to my last pokemon which just happened to be Pikachu and he managed to win after Wallace's Whiscash missed twice in a row and I got a critical hit with iron-tail

Alex Pt

Wicked
My last pokemon, swellow won against Winona on only 2hp, I think in the anime ash's last pokemon was swellow too

Firebrand

Indomitable
hah, some of these are pretty epic. Yeah, another case of mine is my pikachu holding on to one hp in firered, using thunderbolt and koing Lt Surge's last pokemon. A la Ash?

Kai678

Umbreon Trainer
Another one I had was my Luxio evolving right after a very close battle. I don't remember exactly what happened but it was a crit that won me the battle.

In LG my charmander lv12 was in yellow helth going up against full health onix luckily it had just learned metal claw!

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Another one that happened to me is when I somehow defeated Brock only using a Pikachu on Yellow. It's not too hard, if you stock up on potions.

Totokip

Black Triangle
In emerald I was doing that trust tent thing,my salamence had 50 hp and was getting beat on by a slaking,she would keep failing to move,she ended up at 1 hp after a tackle(LOL TACKLE?) I closed my eyes and pressed the button for attack and she let out a critical dragon claw and it shreded right through that slaking!

The Indomitable

Experienced Master
In Eterna City the first time I was facing Gardenia, my Budew evolved finally at Lv. 20 RIGHT after beating her Roserade

Its a funny little fact

The Indomitable

Kurosaki_klan

AERODACTYL
Yeah, My Vaporeon was owning every one in the elite four but when I got to Cynthia her Garchomp kick all of my pokemon's Butts, Now this sucked and all i had left was a Vaporeon, I used Sand attack, Then she used Dragon rush, she was at about half health from the previous battles from my team, and I was in the red, I attacked with blizzard"all I had left" and missed, all seemed lost but then she missed, I used it one more time and missed again, and so did she, tired of the battle of missed attacks I used it one more time, Both of us missed, Now out of PP for all my moves I use Struggle and KO Garchomp and Ko Myself. This was so cool, but it counted as a loss.

Zeddokun

I finished it off with false swipe!

I was battling Gardenia and my Combee was on low health. She had her last Pokemon, Roserade, and I had my last one as well. Luckily, I somehow managed to knock it out. Then, Combee evolves. It's not very epic...

Last edited:

Cipher

Nothing to be done
One time in Pokemon Yellow, I had a Pikachu follow me around the entire time until it grew to love me. It refused to evolve and eventually we defeated Jessie and James of Team Rocket. I swear it happened.

Jadeabella

Eevee Trainer
I had a good one at Avcon in the pokemon tourney if that counts.... Meh i'm going to post it anyway.

I used my Eevee squad and he had....umm oh snap, all I remember are his last two pokemon Raichu and Infernape.

Anyways. It was lvl 100 double battle rules, I send out my first 2 and so does he. He takes out one of mine and i take out one of his pokemon so we're even. He then took out two of my pokemon with Earthquake I believe and I was down 2.

I made a few moves and came back infront. The battle was constantly back and forth it was really really close. It came down to us both having 2 Pokemon left, I had Flareon and Umbreon, he had Raichu and Infernape.

Umbreon was already at half HP from the previous pokemon it fought and Flareon was at full since it was my last Pokemon. Raichu and Infernape both had full HP. Raichu had just taken out Umbreon so all i had left was Flareon..

Infernape used Close combat on Flareon and took half his HP D: I made Flareon use dig on Raichu. He hit and KO'd it in one go. Infernape still had full HP and Flareon had half.

When Flareon came back up, he used Close Combat once again and Flareon barely hung on with only 20hp left D:

He desperately used dig once more as a last resort to stay alive. Luckily for me my opponent had used Close combat like 4 times so his defense was basically nothing now.

Flareon uses Dig. It's Super Effective! Infernape has fainted.... Trainer Jadeabella is teh Winner =D

So that's my moment....it was really down to the wire. We had a big crowd watching too. I was so proud of my little Eevee squad X3.
But to put a downer on the mood, I got hammered the next round lol....Damn you Tyranitar!!