• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ever had anyone steal a trade from you

TheTrueRman

Amateur Breeder and Legend Collector
Im unsure about trade evolution online with random people. I fear im gonna build up a geodude just to have the guy cut off trade after it evolves. I have nothing needed at the moment, but im working on them.

TheTrueRman

If there's a switch player trainer name thomaz, Thanks for stealing my Alolan Golem jackass! I Hope your switch breaks!

SWMegaFan

If there's a switch player trainer name thomaz, Thanks for stealing my Alolan Golem jackass! I Hope your switch breaks!

That’s so messed up. I hope that person is uncovered and ends up getting banned from this forum (as well as in Serebii’s Discord).

TheTrueRman

That’s so messed up. I hope that person is uncovered and ends up getting banned from this forum (as well as in Serebii’s Discord).

doubt it. its probably a random player somewhere. Its my fault, i assumed they see its a graveler and think trade evolution trade back. Trained another and got a buddy on here to help evolve him. Im Never gonna trade evolve online with random people again.

Or you could give your pokemon you trained the nickname Trade Back. You can change the name back after evolution, If they do scam you, they're stuck with an unchangable dumb name on their new 'catch' It only works with Kanto pokemon you caught though.

SWMegaFan

doubt it. its probably a random player somewhere. Its my fault, i assumed they see its a graveler and think trade evolution trade back. Trained another and got a buddy on here to help evolve him. Im Never gonna trade evolve online with random people again.

Or you could give your pokemon you trained the nickname Trade Back. You can change the name back after evolution, If they do scam you, they're stuck with an unchangable dumb name on their new 'catch' It only works with Kanto pokemon you caught though.

I’ve traded with people from here before (and from the Serebii discord). The key is to confirm the name that shows up for the other players. Ask them (whether on this forum via PM or on Discord) way their name is; if it doesn’t match what’s showing on your end, quit the trade, as it’s probably not the person you arranged with.

TheTrueRman

I’ve traded with people from here before (and from the Serebii discord). The key is to confirm the name that shows up for the other players. Ask them (whether on this forum via PM or on Discord) way their name is; if it doesn’t match what’s showing on your end, quit the trade, as it’s probably not the person you arranged with.

this was a random online trade. he probably has no connection to serebii. If he did i'd have him reported already. I posted that mostly to vent and by the off chance he sees it knows he screwed me! Im surprised i diddnt get posts from trolls stating the obvious.

TheTrueRman

If he happens to see this (not likely) trainer name thomaz who got an Adamant Alolan graveler (now Golem) today from a player trainer name RYAN for some random growlithe, i was trying to trade evolve it for trade back NOT trade it/give it to you! You Dunce Noob!