• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ever made the worst mistake in the pokemon world

acetrainerbob

has written:
i was 6 or 7 when i got sapphire (my first pokemon game) and i wanted a seviper badly. i tried to catch it and ran out of poke balls, so i used my master ball. this led me to accidently kill kyogre (i can catch it if his hp goes down a little bit more [SWAMPERT ATTACKS, KYOGRE FAINTS] OOPS).

Moneyy

INACTIVE
The worst mistake is erasing/someone else erasing your game when you have shinies or rare Pokemon in it.

About the Master Ball thing, there is something like that in the Emerald guide book. It shows a screenshot of someone capturing a WEAKENED Loudred with a master ball.

Lau

★ Go, Rai!! ★
Wasting my MasterBall on MissingNo. in a hacked Ruby.

acetrainerbob

has written:
i also traded my mewtwo (my friend hacked to get it in a gen 4 game and traded it to me and I traded it to someone else), but that's a different story.

LimeSoda

Pal Parking shinies. I was randomly hatching Larvitar eggs about a year and a half ago and I got a shiny larvitar. I trained it up to a shiny tyranitar and pal parked it to heart gold..

it would have looked a LOT cooler in Leaf Green because 1.) no1 cares about DS games at school anymore, and 2.) I lost my Heartgold this year when I moved.

Latis

Lati@s
Over leveling my starter and then out of nowhere a rival battle appears.. doesn't happen to me much anymore though.

Killarflame

Demigod of Darkness
I traded a rare pokemon for an EXTREMELY common one, that you only find later in the game t_t

Sapphire Mudkip

~zafirofuego
Where do i start?
1. thinking pokeballs were useless since I had a full team and running into a shiny hariyama
2. lending my sapphire to my cousin who erased my old file after i told him not to and him saying it was an accident
3. trade my lv50 sceptile that knew thunderpunch (move tutor) for a lv24 umbreon

Arceusgamer14

it would have looked a LOT cooler in Leaf Green because 1.) no1 cares about DS games at school anymore, and 2.) I lost my Heartgold this year when I moved.

What do you mean Your school dosen't care about DS games anymore!? At my school and anywhere else, Their Are people who still play with DS games including Pokemon.

My mistake in Gen III was ignoring a Shiny Zubat. I did not know how valuable Shinies can be.

ladendar

Little munchkinz
I found a shiny Heatran, and I threw every pokemons I could but it ended up killing off my team and I never saw it again =( Shiny version I mean. -.-

ladendar

Little munchkinz
^ Lol, hay same with me. I was a noob in pokemon when I first started, and when I found the pokemon shimmering I thought it was normal. It was a bidoof... you barely can tell if that thing is a shiny without the sparkle thingie. So anyway I fled from it, and casually kept at my game like nothing happened... not knowing that the pokemon I fled from was super rare until I saw someone mention it on youtube. :/

KiraRebornXD

I was on Crystal version and when I battled Entei it was shiny and i killed it; i didn't save before i did it and i restarted and couldn't get it again.

Not saving after beating that gym leader then finding the girl with the Milotic -_-

I fear Milotics in 3rd gen because of that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I defeated the roaming Latias in Sapphire version, and then the roaming Entei in LeafGreen version. To this day, I still don't know why I did it. I knew that there was only one Latias in Sapphire version and one Entei in LeafGreen version, but I guess I was just being stupid. I've managed to trade for a Latias and an Entei, but I'm still upset that I couldn't capture them on my own.