• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ever noticed that the Hoenn Elite Four never appear in the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yep, And the only one from unova was caitlen. The writers obviously aren't big fans of the e4.

SlimeStack

I feel like Sinnoh was planning to have Ash win the league at one stage, which explains why they went into detail with the E4 and Champion League. They're not really that relevant in any other saga, since Ash will never win the league and challenge them anyway.

fitzy909

Just another guy
all the gym leaders, but not the e4. we even see the champions, but not the e4. i guess it isn't always something the writers think is absolutely necessary for the show.

randomspot555

One of the sub-plots of Sinnoh was E4 members constantly challenging Cynthia for the Champion title. Beyond that, we've never really seen the E4 do whatever it is they actually do besides fight Cynthia or sub in for absent Gym Leaders (IE Agatha for Giovanni).

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
all the gym leaders, but not the e4. we even see the champions, but not the e4. i guess it isn't always something the writers think is absolutely necessary for the show.

Well, we never saw Janine...

We did see Koga's sister who sorta serves as a replacement for her.

Umm...

K, we saw Bruno, Lorelei (Prime, I should call her, I guess), Agatha, Lance... So that's all Gen 1, Koga before he became E4, so not sure if that counts...
Drake... All of Sinnoh, and only Caitlin in Unova (who would've appeared anyway, wether the BF arc would happen or not).

cg19293

I feel like Sinnoh was planning to have Ash win the league at one stage, which explains why they went into detail with the E4 and Champion League. They're not really that relevant in any other saga, since Ash will never win the league and challenge them anyway.

My thoughts precisely

Shadow XD001

We saw Wallace in Sinnoh and he was the Champion in Emerald. Yeah, E4 members aren't really shown that much. It was mainly just Kanto and Sinnoh iirc

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
True we've only seen 10 Elite Four members appear in the anime. Gen I Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Gen III Drake, Gen IV Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian, Gen V Caitlin.
But even though Bruno an if you count Koga, we get nothing from Will or Karen from Gen II in the anime.

Edit: Little off topic, I just realized the Pokemon League's in Gen I, II, and III all have a name(Indigo Plateau, Ever Grande City), but Gen IV, an V are just simply Pokemon League.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
We didn't see Agatha until Hoenn was done and the BF saga was starting. Maybe if we get Hoenn remakes we'll see at least one of them.
The Sinnoh BF was also ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.