• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Everstone breeding on Japanese Diamond is TERRIBLE

Parents must have the same nature and both must hold an everstone in order to increase the chances of the offsprings to inherit its parents nature.

Ditto (bold) + Feebas (bold) = 50% of getting baby Feebas with Bold Nature.

Hasn't changed.

What are you talking about!!??

BluekiKatana

Warrior Spirit
Anyone who is posting on this thread, just stating that I'm "Unlucky" and the nature passing should still be 50 percent is ignorant, because it is not doing this on my game at all. Just look at my test results for the proof. I've bred over a 125 Pokemon on DP so far and have gotten only 10 of the nature I want. In Emerald I have bred hundreds and always get LOTS of natures that I want.

It's not the same at all. There is something different going on, because someone cannot be "unlucky" forever when breeding. When I breed with a third gen Pokemon in Diamond it's not passing down period. In fact, when it does, that's when I'm "lucky". It's like R/S/FR/LG right now, 1 in 25 is exactly what its like.

Last edited:

Necrobat

Competitive hopeful
The chances of nature being passed down from a 3rd gen parent seems much lower from my experience. But if the pogey is obtained @ 4th gen the Everstone trick works fine.

I can almost confirm this, because I have access to Pal Park and am able to transfer pogeys over for the test. I have tested this with Gabite (4th Gen) and my Gyarados (3rd gen)
I actualy have to disagree here. I can transfer as well, and have found that there's the exact same chance for passing natures on between Pokemon obtained in 3rd and 4th gens.

BluekiKatana

Warrior Spirit
I just did another test on my Japanese Diamond to test to see if a rumor I heard about new everstone mechanics was true.

1. Jolly Gible F (everstone attached), with Jolly Ditto (everstone attached)
10 Offspring, 0 Jolly

This time I had to try with both the parents holding an everstone, while they were both the same nature. It's still not passing down the nature at all. I also realized that it may be the Pokemon itself that was glitched, so I tried using a completely new Ditto and new Gible from my last tests with this pair, still didn't work.

Has anyone here reliably bred a 3rd gen parent with a 4th gen and gotten the everstone trick to pass down the natures 50 percent of the time?

Last edited:

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan
Hm, that is weird. Maybe your game is glitched? Who knows.

xgina

Banned
you are seriously unlucky.
i had a female hera @everstone, and more than half were adamant, which was the nature i wanted.
it still works guys.

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan
I'm trying to think now - you're able to pass down natures using ADV generation Pokemon as both parents and Sinnoh generation Pokemon as both parents just fine right? But the problem relies on passing down the natures using ADV generation Pokemon to breed with Sinnoh generation Pokemon?

I don't have the game so I can't say anything. Perhaps they made it so the only way to pass down the Natures now is to have Pokemon of the same generation breed. That's my guess anyway. Now I'll probably have to recapture all of my Ditto...ugh.

The Shadow Knight

According to what I have read everstonebreeding doesn't work with pal parked pokémon.This is probably not because of a programming flaw but on purpose,nintendo knows about the cloning glich and stuff so their trying to make breeding harder,they made adv pokés with triple flawless iv's less usefull but still useable with Sr'ing trick.Breeding became harder this gen.

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
just breed the pokemon you want on GBA then transfer it

BluekiKatana

Warrior Spirit

This is not helpful if you're trying to breed competitive 4th gen Pokemon.

Anyways, I would like to make a confirmation if anyone could possibly help out. As this confirmation could determine whether these problems are a glitch or a new implemented 4th gen breeding mechanic.

Has anyone here reliably bred a 3rd gen parent (meaning transferred through Pal Park) with a 4th gen exclusive Pokemon and gotten the everstone trick to pass down the nature 50 percent of the time?

If 3rd gen parents can't breed with the 4th gen, then 3rd gen Ditto's just became useless in D/P. Does anyone know if syncronize on Abra still works to attract wild Pokemon of the same nature in D/P? Also where can I find the highest quantity of Ditto in D/P?

Last edited:

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan

Or just breed your GBA Pokemon in Diamond/Pearl so it gets your ID and counts as a 4th Gen bred Poke, get a Ditto in Diamond/Pearl with the right Nature, and breed away!

I guess those Ralts with Synchronize with beneficial natures will come in handy for Ditto catching in D/P. No big problem.

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan
Does anyone know if syncronize on Abra still works to attract wild Pokemon of the same nature in D/P? Also where can I find the highest quantity of Ditto in D/P?

I'm pretty sure it still works. Ditto is located on Route 218 with the PokéRadar but it's rare.

Hopefully your confirmation will confirm my theory. Good luck!

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan
Oh and just out of curiosity, is the Abra you're planning to use from Diamond/Pearl or Emerald? I ask because the thought of Nintendo not allowing you to use the Synchronize trick with ADV Generation Pokemon came to my mind oddly.

Either way, we'll hopefully find out what the deal is with your game today. I'm just wondering about Synchronize.

Having the same problem, 3rd gen + 4th gen doesnt work with everstone, 3rd gen and 3rd gen does, 4th gen and 4th gen does. Still looking into it, I discovered this months ago but everyone thought I was just unlucky :D

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan
Having the same problem, 3rd gen + 4th gen doesnt work with everstone, 3rd gen and 3rd gen does, 4th gen and 4th gen does. Still looking into it, I discovered this months ago but everyone thought I was just unlucky :D

Thanks for letting us know!

Now to finally ask again because I'm dying to know, would you (or anyone else) for that matter know if the Abilities used by 3rd Generation Pokemon outside of battle (ie, Synchronize with the desirable Nature) against a Wild Pokemon to get that Nature on the wild Pokemon, still work in Diamond/Pearl?

Thanks!

Synchronize works. I bred a bunch of syncing natu and pal-parked them to reset for legends and get dittos etc, so yeah, it works.