1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Everstone breeding on Japanese Diamond is TERRIBLE

Discussion in 'Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum' started by BluekiKatana, Apr 10, 2007.

1. BluekiKatana

BluekiKatana Warrior Spirit

Akayfortyseven,
    Do you get your 4th gen dittos at route 218?

2. Scorpion1386

Scorpion1386 Lost Fan

I asked you this in the topic on GameFAQs and I'm just curious - only Pokemon from Pal Park can't breed for natures with 4th generations or is it also 3rd generation(R/S/E/FR/LG) Pokemon that you can capture in the game's wild as well?

3. BluekiKatana

From my experiences, the 3rd gen Pokemon that you catch in your 4th gen game are compatible for everstone breeding. It's just the Pal Park Pokemon that haven't been passing the nature. However, I think when you use two Pal Park Pokemon they pass the natures fine. It worked well with my Ditto (ADV) and Magikarp (ADV) as I said earlier.

Later on tonight I will test some more 3rd gen with 3rd gen Pokes in my Diamond, particularly with new egg moves (that weren't available in ADV). Though, I'm certain now that no matter what I do in my game 4th gen Pokemon will not pass down natures with a 3rd gen (it is 1 in 25 chance).

If anyone has a working Pal Park please try it for yourself to see if the natures pass down with a 4th gen. We still don't know if this is a problem that has to do with glitches or a genuine new nerf to the breeding system.

4. Alex-Catchem

Alex-Catchem Well-Known Member

i must assume that you got the game so you`re an expert at d/p breeding

5. Xan

Xan Sexier than Yoda

I don't have the game. I'm an expert breeder at R/S/E breeding. And I recieved no word that the breeding system is changed in 4th gen(drastically)

6. BluekiKatana

We're giving you word that the breeding system has changed dramatically ;P.
    At least for the first few Japanese D/P games that is! Pal park Pokemon not being able to pass down their natures in D/P is a huge nerf to the breeding system, that would have a drastic effect on competitive play. That's why we need more people testing this stuff in their game to make the overall confirmation.

7. Scorpion1386

Scorpion1386 Lost Fan

8. BluekiKatana

IVs should be passing down the same as Emerald, even with 3rd gen (ADV) and 4th gen Pokemon relationships. It is only the everstone trick that isn't working for Pal park pokemon in the many recorded cases.
    Here is also a pretty old thread from Smogon, where I think most of this started getting documented. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=291118#post291118

I am "MoonWaterDrifter" on there btw. Again, if you look at the patterns in this thread it still looks like mostly that you can't pass down natures with pal park Pokemon when breeding with 4th gen. Though I think any Pokemon hatched in the 4th gen (even if it had a 3rd gen parent), should be able to take advantage of the everstone trick. As this was probably the explanation for the Charmander passing down the natures in the thread above.

I will have to test this later. If anyone else can contribute more tests to this issue please do.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  9. Plasma

Plasma Actual Photo

If you breed Advanced Gen pokemon together with the everstone trick in DP, can you then use their offspring with 4th Gen Pokemon and have the trick still work?

If so, then that's extremely helpful... at least, if you're breeding old pokemon. :/

10. Evan1203

Evan1203 A Song From the 60's

Now, I'm not really keen on breeding as much as you guys, but I'd like to ask something--does a Pokemon bred from two third generation Pokemon which was hatched in the fourth generation count as a 4th gen one? If so, this may not be too terribly huge a nerf with a little effort. Still pretty big, but...

11. Scorpion1386

Scorpion1386 Lost Fan

Yes it does.

12. XDbonsly

XDbonsly Bonsly lover 4 life!

(if someone said this before, sorry)
    This guy is attaching the everstone to the MALE iirc, you have to attach it to the FEMALE for this to work, yeesh

13. BluekiKatana

You talking to me? If so, I have been attaching the everstone to the Female of the relationship. When there is a female Pokemon and it breeds with a ditto, you attach it the ditto instead. That is the only exception.
    I also tried attaching the everstone to both parents with the same natures once to see what would happen and well that didn't change anything either.

14. Freakshow

Freakshow Jibaku

I tried on the female. Won't pass nature if one parent is from the 3rd gen

15. crudent

crudent Well-Known Member

So that means that both the pokemon being bred must come from the same generation?

16. At least I can breed my #rd gen pokes on D/P and their offspring will be counted as 4th gen.

I thought I was doomed. Those DD LArviatars and Dratini's were going to be useless.

17. BluekiKatana

So far from what we're seeing, that's what it looks like.
    The breeding formula is turning out to be like this;

4th gen + 4th gen (everstone trick works)

3rd gen + 3rd gen (everstone trick works)

3rd gen caught in 4th gen + 4th gen (everstone trick works)

3rd gen (from ADV) + 4th gen (everstone trick doesn't work)

18. Naetoru

Naetoru #1 Naetoru Fan!

You know, I could've SWORN that Everstone holding only works on the females. Each of your trials, you're using Ditto as the Everstone holder and MALE.

This is probably why.