• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Everstone breeding on Japanese Diamond is TERRIBLE

Naetoru

#1 Naetoru Fan!
You know, I could've SWORN that Everstone holding only works on the females. On most of your trials, you're using Ditto as the Everstone holder and MALE.

This is probably why.

BluekiKatana

Warrior Spirit
This is not why. When you pair up a ditto with any Pokemon in a breeding relationship (regardless of their gender) you give the ditto the everstone and the nature is supposed to pass via that ditto. I've done it dozens of times on my Emerald. This is the way it's supposed to work, and it does work this way on D/P, except for the 3rd gen + 4th gen relationships.

Last edited:

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan
BluekiKatana, have you tried any new tests lately?

"L"

The chances of nature being passed down from a 3rd gen parent seems much lower from my experience. But if the pogey is obtained @ 4th gen the Everstone trick works fine.

I can almost confirm this, because I have access to Pal Park and am able to transfer pogeys over for the test. I have tested this with Gabite (4th Gen) and my Gyarados (3rd gen)

That's a downer. Atleast I didnt waste my time catching hords of ditto in my emerald yet......

BluekiKatana

Warrior Spirit
BluekiKatana, have you tried any new tests lately?

All the tests I keep trying are proving to be consistant. From what I've seen, the everstone compatability looks to work like this:

Everstone Breeding Compatability in D/P

1.) 4th gen obtained + 4th gen obtained (everstone attached to female)
Nature will pass 50% of the time

2.) Pal park Pokemon + 4th gen Pokemon (everstone attached to female)
Nature will not pass 50% of the time

3.) Pal park Pokemon + Pal park Pokemon (everstone attached to female)
Nature will pass 50% of the time

One could argue that this makes Dittos from Pal Park useless (I thought it might too.) However, with the new Ditto trick you can get new egg moves on your offspring versions of your old Pokemon. Here is the Ditto trick for those who don't know it. It is highly recommended for breeding egg moves.

Breeding egg moves with Ditto

With this trick I recommend a Smeargle, and a Ditto is required.

1.) Get into a 2vs2 battle (south of the flower city is a good place).

2.) Make sure you're starting out with Ditto and Smeargle. Smeargle has to have all your desired egg moves.

3.) Transform into Smeargle, don't switch Smeargle out yet.

4.) Once Ditto is transformed into Smeargle, switch Smeargle into something that will knock out Ditto.

5.) Knock out Ditto, and voila you now have a Ditto with your Smeargle's set of moves and they will pass down to any Pokemon that can learn them.

One thing to remember in this process. Even if you're breeding the Ditto with a female, you still attach the everstone to the Ditto, because it gets priority on the everstone trick. I also don't know for sure whether this is a glitch or a genuine new addition to the breeding system. However, it works consistantly for me, so I say it is not a glitch.