• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Every Single Wii Game

dr00

jenni is 14 :(
It's now looking pretty likely that Guitar Hero 2 will be making it's way to Wii. Unfortunately it was not a confirmation just a slip of the tongue by a PR person. Like Spore, it might also refer to a DS version. Here's hoping for a Wii version though!

i totally tought it was an official confirmation, but i did a search and this is what i found:

February 8, 2007 - Yesterday, Activision held a conference call wherein it reported its preliminary financial results for Q3 2007, as well as its expectations for fiscal 2008. Two weeks prior to this, the company had reported that it expected to take in $170 million in revenue during the fourth quarter of this fiscal year. Yesterday, Activision increased this prediction to $200 million.

Amidst a whole lot of self-congratulations, Activision CEO Thomas Tippl hinted that a heretofore unannounced Guitar Hero title would be heading to the Wii. While, Tippl didn't directly announce any particular games, he did say that Activision planned on doubling its "offerings on the DS and the Wii, including Spider-Man, Shrek, Transformers, and Guitar Hero."

Tippl tried his utmost to skirt around providing any specific details for any of these games, but he did reiterate the fact that Activision's development efforts are being divided equally among all of the next-gen consoles. He claimed that Activision has 60 titles planned for fiscal 2008. If those games are divided evenly across all platforms, then there should be a whole lot of Wii and DS love in the next year.

We contacted Activision to find out any more information about this meaty story, but didn't receive an official comment in time for publish.

i wish they had the quote of the guitar hero hint. hopefully we'll get some confirmation soon, because this could be HUGE.

DS lite man

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
^^^ URL Link to IGN Page
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo
Genre: Minigames
Release Date: Out Now
In One Phrase: Wario’s wackiness continues in the Wii iteration of his Ware series. Drink water! Skip! Stop people from stealing oranges! This fantastic, yet crazy game takes full advantage of your Wii!!

WarioWare.jpg

Wario, the Nintendo bad dude quite different from anything else debuted in the Game Boy game, Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins. Here, he was the bad guy, who had taken over the Mushroom Kingdom so as to have his own castle. Wario's greediness grew even more apparent in Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, where you played as Wario and your aim was to get as rich as possible!

Nintendo certainly realised that Wario was something special, and so, after a successful career of Wario Land, Nintendo decided to do a very surprising move indeed. Something completely and utterly fresh within the gaming world.

And now, for something completely different!

The Wario Ware series has enthralled millions of gamers since the original Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ released on 2003. The premise is simple: this game throws a load of quick-fire minigames at you for you to do. They only last a couple of seconds but each one of those microgames is quirky, innovative, amusing and fun-to-do. This series takes you for a whirlwind ride and once you stop, you pause and think, "Wow! That was brilliant!"

[img200]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/SmileGuy1/WarioWareHula.jpg[/img200]​

And, I'm glad to say that Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for Wii is still just as brilliant. Actually, no, I take that back... It's more brilliant. 'Cos this time, you have the added bonus of the Wii controller. This time you're shaking around, doing the hula, jumping up and down, dropping (!) the Wii controller, answering the phone, hitting people, deku-leaf gliding and etc, etc, you get the idea.

Unfortunately, the multiplayer is slim, focussing entirely on pass-the-controller around ethics and unplayable until you've beaten single-player mode. It's a shame, as three or four people diving around a room crazily really would have made this game absolutely fantastic.

Instead, it just remains very fantastic, and absolutely innovative. This game well and truly adds to the Wario Ware formula and that is a very good thing. A must-have for Wii, if merely to see a friend looking like a very, very silly person (WARNING! This game is not for the easily embarassed, the things you have to do are insanely stupid!) It's a Wii, a-Wario! Hahaha!

The Series So Far
- Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ (GBA, 2003)
- Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ (Gamecube, 2003)
- Wario Ware Touched! (DS, 2004)
- Wario Ware Twisted! (GBA, 2005)
- Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii, 2006/7)

[img200]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/SmileGuy1/WarioWareDontDrop.jpg[/img200]

Characters In-Game
- Wario
- Mona
- Kat & Ana
- Young Cricket
- Ashley (& Red)
- Dribble & Spitz
- Penny
- 9 Volt
- Tiny Wario(s)
- Orbulon
- Crygor and Mike
- Various, erm... Elephants

[img200]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/SmileGuy1/NintendogsWarioWare.jpg[/img200]

Poses With the "Wand Baton"
- The Remote Control
- The Umbrella
- The Handlebar
- The Samurai
- The Sketch Artist
- The Chauffeur
- The Waiter
- The Tug-Of War
- The Elephant
- The Discard
- The Thumb Wrestler
- The Big Cheese
- The Mohawk
- The Dumbbell
- The Janitor
- The Finger Food
- The Boxer
- The Mortar and Pestle
- The Diner, A - C (Requires Nunchuck)

WHAT NO JIMMY T. is this a mistake did you forget to put him. oh and juts to point this out in the US it's the "form batton"

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Lots of news tidbits for you:
  • Kirby's Adventure, Kid Icarus and Ice Climber have all been released on the US Virtual Console... They're all classic games and well worth a look at. Expect UK versions soon (mind you, whatever happened to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, that's doesn't seem to be coming for us Brits, does it?)
  • Meanwhile, Super Paper Mario has finally been announced as a Wii title and what's more has been given the release date of April 9th, it's all exciting stuff!
  • Gamecock studios has been - ahem - erected and promises to deliver all sorts of innovative games for all consoles, handhelds and PCs. Expect some lovely Wii stuff from Gamecock sometime in the future. (And indeed, a game called Hail to the Chimp does look rather lovely for a Wii-ed up release).
  • Okami is looking more and more likely to see a Wii-release. I am really, really hoping for this game, I must say.

EDIT: NEW GAME!

Brunswick Pro Bowling
Publisher: Crave Entertainment
Developer: Crave Entertainment
Genre: Sport
Release Date: 2007
In One Phrase: Hoping to be a far more substantial experience than Wii Sports Bowling, Brunswick will offer plenty of different modes as well fuller controls for a bowling game than ever before. This would be a good game to get if you're a bowling fan!

Last edited:

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Introducing the Everybody Votes Channel! The brand new channel that allows you to compare opinions with your family, your region, your country and even your world! Wii just got a whole lot more opinionated...

Cast Your Vote:
This latest addition to the Wii Menu features different general poll questions for users to answer. Three questions will always be offered. These will then closed after a week and updated with new ones. When accessing the main page of the Everybody Votes Channel, users will be greeted with the current polls open and can then register their votes by clicking on their chosen one.

Within hours of the poll closing, the latest regional results of the poll will be made available and will be displayed for each region of the relevant country. Vote ratios for each question will be displayed on the Channel using hundreds of Miis to represent the different votes.

The previous twelve polls that a player has voted on are archived so they can check back on them after they have closed. Each time a new poll closes, if the user has voted on it, it is added to the archive and the oldest one on there is deleted.

In addition to casting a vote, users can also predict the outcome of the poll. Every correct prediction will be added to the player's profile and used to calculate how tuned in they are with general public opinion, which is shown in the "How Tuned In Are You?" section.

Fun For the Entire Family:
Users are able to register a total of six different players on each Wii console using Mii data and names from the Mii Channel, meaning that each member of the household can have their own say on a poll. The Everybody Votes Channel records all of the votes cast by a player and allows them to check their opinions against those of their family using vote results as well as their "How Tuned In Are You?" results. This allows users to compare numbers of consecutive wins and overall wins versus losses recorded.

Worldwide Polls:
As well as providing three different sets of general poll questions each week, the "Everybody Votes Channel" also features worldwide poll questions. These are set twice a month and run for approximately two weeks, with live result updates appearing just hours after the vote closes. Miis illustrate the global vote ratio and a bar graph shows the results for each different country globally. Players can sort these results by vote percentage, country or in order of prediction accuracy.

Have Your Say:
An additional feature of this channel is the "Suggest a Question" section, which allows players to suggest a poll topic they would like to see on the service. Each player is allowed to make up to one suggestion a day, the best of which may be converted into a poll question by Nintendo.

Everybody Votes Channel is the latest addition to the Wii Menu and can be downloaded for free from the Wii Shop Channel.

Chaos Rush

What part of the country are you in? Because if you're in the US, you made some mistakes:

Super Smash Bros Brawl is going to be released in June 2007

Sonic And The Secret Rings is going to be released on February 20th.

DarkBlazikenEX

GRRRRRRRRR
What part of the country are you in? Because if you're in the US, you made some mistakes:

Super Smash Bros Brawl is going to be released in June 2007

Sonic And The Secret Rings is going to be released on February 20th.

Nobody knows when Brawl is going to be released

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Hmm... I don't know about you but I'm beginning to get a little fed up with all the US Virtual Console exclusives that America seem to be getting. UK's only exclusive currently is Excitebike, which although is good, hardly makes up for Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, Streets of Rage, The Legend of Kage and of course, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Europe needs some serious catching up to do. Mind you, it all pales into insignificance when you compare it to the mighty Japanese Virtual Console (it's like they have every game in existence already!)
|
|
\/​
That mini rant up there was of course to try and inspire some conversation. What do you guys think of the Virtual Console and what games are you hoping to achieve? Do you wish for similar line-ups across the world or for it to all branch off in different directions? And what about you poor Australians... don't think I've forgotten about you guys... I know how appallingly bad your line-up is... what about you?

Anyway, a little birdy has told me to expect some Super Mario Galaxy (yes, I know!) news very, very soon. There is also a rumour going round that Shigeru Miyamoto's new IP will be revealed at the GDC in March... it's definitely something to look forward to... And if you want the info then you just need to check here first.

I know it's been slow news recently, but expect it all to pick up very, very soon. Finally, expect some more game profiles in the near future.

dr00

jenni is 14 :(
there is a workaround to getting the US vc releases though.

it's really simple actually, just change the region on your console to anywhere in the world. it doesn't let you download PAL vc titles though (so basically everything in Japan... the stuff we REALLY want :()

but honestly i don't think there should be any region-exclusive titles except for stuff that hasn't been translated properly yet.
and really, how hard is it to translate from american english to british english? i'm sure it's right up there with japan to american english =|

Last edited:

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Here we have the first proper details of Godzilla: Unleashed. I have to say that it is a rather interesting read...

IGN said:
]Playing Godzilla: Unleashed
We go hands-on with Atari's destructive new Wii brawler. Exclusive new screens and video included.
by Craig Harris

US, February 21, 2007 - Over his half-century-plus of life, Godzilla and his Toho-created crew have destroyed metropolis cities more times than is probably healthy for mankind. But those nuclear beasts continue to wreak havoc across the planet in Japanese flicks. And the fact that giant monsters are too cool for school makes them perfect candidates for videogame designs, since it's pretty much the only time fans can play out their building-destruction fantasies...without stacking up cardboard boxes and couch cushions that is. Godzilla: Unleashed is the third in the Godzilla franchise from the partnership between publisher Atari and developer Pipeworks Software, and in this update the two companies are really pushing the Wii functionalities to give the fighting game a bit more "oomph."

Godzilla: Unleashed is a new design that's based on Pipeworks' previous PlayStation 2, GameCube, and Xbox Godzilla fighters. In this production, gamers play as more than 16 different city-destroying titans of four different factions: earth defenders, aliens, mechas, and mutants. Atari's only ready to talk about four that are in the game: Godzilla 2000, Kiryu, Gaigan, and Megolon. But the company let us in on a little tidbit: the game will have two original Toho-approved characters made specifically for this fighter.

The game is being prepared for a fall 2007 release, but Atari stopped by our offices today to give us a peek at an early build to show off some of the concepts that the development team's working on for this fighter. On the surface, it looks very much like Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee released on the GameCube a few years ago. Visuals have definitely been bumped up in the move to the Wii -- we only had the opportunity to play as either Godzilla 2000 and Kiryu (essentially MechaGodzilla 3) but it was clear that the character models and cityscapes received a bump-up in texture work even in this pre-alpha stage. Atari promises four player battles when the game wraps later this year, but at this admittedly early stage of development the engine struggled to keep up with just two fighters on-screen. The game still has a ways to go in production, though, so what we saw will definitely improve and change by the time it ships.

What surprised us was how well the current Wii controls work with the fighting system. Atari and Pipeworks made it clear that the mechanics will most likely change as the game's tweaked in the next few months, but we can see the potential for Wii motion sensing for this fighter. Movement's handled via the nunchuk analog stick, with attacks mapped on the A or B button on the Wii remote. Combining the remote's buttons with motion will perform different swipes and uppercuts. Holding the crouch button on the nunchuk and shaking the device will send the beast on a charge towards his foe. Letting off a beam attack is handled by a two button system and aimed in 3D by twisting the Wii Remote to mimic the direction of your character's head. If the two monsters' beams cross, they'll play "volleyball" with an energy ball riding the beam where each player must time their return or else take the hit.

As the two characters battle, the cityscape can be destroyed by punching buildings or stomping them down. Some buildings could even be utilized as throwing objects during the fight; simply find a knee high structure, drop and lift the Wii Remote and Nunchuk in a "pick up" motion. Whipping the controller or Nunchuk will toss the building towards the enemy. Though it took a few minutes to adjust, the motion controls admittedly works well because these are huge lumbering beasts, and players make smooth, steady attacks that match their 200-foot, on-screen persona's motions.

Godzilla: Unleashed still has a ways to go -- the company is still ironing out the fighting system and control mechanics, as well as working on Wii-specific features that the companies weren't yet ready to talk about publicly. The early look was just a taste of what's in the works for Godzilla on the Wii -- expect more details to surface as the game continues through its development cycle.

SOURCE: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/766/766597p1.html

---------------------------​

We also have a not too positive Sonic and the Secret Rings review. It's a shame, as I was expecting much more from this game.

SOURCE: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/766/766214p1.html

IGN have also gone hands on with Medal of Honour Vanguard. Here's the link to prove it.

SOURCE: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/766/766566p1.html

Finally, Fire of Emblem: Goddess of Dawn is to be released in Japan in just one week. Annoyingly, the game can only be played with the classic controller which, I don't know about you but I think, is a bit annoying. Never mind, I'm sure it will still be a fantastic game.

Keep checking back here for more info and links to everything you need to know about Wii's games.

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Nintendo has published a list of official first-party (I assume) games to come out in 2007. Although there weren't any games that are COMPLETELY unheard of it does confirm the existence of a few games, eg) Wii Health Pack. It also reveals that the games will indeed come out in 2007.

Dairantou Smash Brothers X
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race
Doubutsu no Mori
Forever Blue
Hoshi no Kirby
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Super Mario Galaxy
Totsugeki Famicom Wars
Wii Health Pack
Wii Music

Here's an English-friendly version of the list:

- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Disaster: Day of Crisis
- DK Bongo Blast
- Animal Crossing
- Forever Blue
- Kirby Adventure
- Mario Party 8
- Mario Strikers Charged!
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Batallion Wars II
- Wii Health Pack
- Wii Music

This is, in all honestly, a massively brilliant line-up from Nintendo. You would maybe see this sort of line-up over a 3-year spread... not just one year. There are also games missing from this list such as Super Paper Mario and Big Brain Academy which makes things even better. How much more Nintendo can you take? What games will you be getting? Does this get you hyped?

PS) Wii Health Pack added to the list!

EDIT: Ocarina of Time is now on the UK Virtual Console. Don't be too upset though, America... you'll probably get it this Monday. (Mind you, UK still haven't got Link to the Past). Also available for the UK now, is Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
New game!:

The Golden Compass
Publisher: Sega
Developer: Shiny Entertainment
Genre: Action
Release Date: December, 2007
In One Phrase: Phillip Pullman's superb series is being made into a blockbuster film and this is the obligitary game to go with it. Thoughts of playing as a polar bear, and solving puzzles with your daemon however could make this game above the usual licenced twoddle.

Also, I would love people to actually post in this thread y'know... to make me feel like I'm not completely wasting my time!

Elementman-Novapoke

Post!

This is a post, happy now?

Anywayz: I'm glad to hear that SSBB will be out this year - is that the japan date, or worldwide?​

Wat.
Excite Bike will be out in the US soon. NP confirmed that it should be out by April. (Its for the VC)

Oh, by the way, Hoshi no Kirby is out in Japan.

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...

Anywayz: I'm glad to hear that SSBB will be out this year - is that the japan date, or worldwide?​

Yes, I am happy now, hehe.

To be honest, nobody really knows about SSBB's release date. It's just that very vague 2007, and that could very well end up being just Japan. On the other hand, I think the vibes are right for a 2007 worldwide release... it just seems to fit better with all the clues.

Toge-oge the Togepi said:
Excite Bike will be out in the US soon. NP confirmed that it should be out by April. (Its for the VC)

Oh, by the way, Hoshi no Kirby is out in Japan.

Is Kirby really? I've been completely unaware of that release. As for the US release of Excitebike... it should be even sooner as you think given past ways things have worked. Expect it in March. Meanwhile, Europe still haven't got The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It's getting a ridiculously long wait... why aren't they releasing it here?

Anyway, I have a dozen and one Wii games to announce. Yes, a dozen and one new games! The thing is, is that a dozen of them are from the same developer who haven't completely reeked of quality in the past. So, here we go!

Action Girlz Racing
Anubis II
Billy the Wizard
Earache Extreme Metal Racing
Elvis - Rock n' Roll Adventures
Hamster Heroes
London Taxi: Rush Hour
Mini Desktop Racing
Monster Trux Extreme: Offroad Edition
Myth Makers: Orbs of Doom
Myth Makers: Super Kart GP
Myth Makers: Trixie in Toyland
NinjaBread Man

I'm very interested to see what you guys make of them!

Finally, we have our "one" game. I introduce you all to:

Space Station Tycoon developed by Namco Bandai. More information about the games coming very very soon!

Elementman-Novapoke

Yes, I am happy now, hehe.

To be honest, nobody really knows about SSBB's release date. It's just that very vague 2007, and that could very well end up being just Japan. On the other hand, I think the vibes are right for a 2007 worldwide release... it just seems to fit better with all the clues.

Is Kirby really? I've been completely unaware of that release. As for the US release of Excitebike... it should be even sooner as you think given past ways things have worked. Expect it in March. Meanwhile, Europe still haven't got The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It's getting a ridiculously long wait... why aren't they releasing it here?

Anyway, I have a dozen and one Wii games to announce. Yes, a dozen and one new games! The thing is, is that a dozen of them are from the same developer who haven't completely reeked of quality in the past. So, here we go!

Action Girlz Racing
Anubis II
Billy the Wizard
Earache Extreme Metal Racing
Elvis - Rock n' Roll Adventures
Hamster Heroes
London Taxi: Rush Hour
Mini Desktop Racing
Monster Trux Extreme: Offroad Edition
Myth Makers: Orbs of Doom
Myth Makers: Super Kart GP
Myth Makers: Trixie in Toyland
NinjaBread Man

I'm very interested to see what you guys make of them!

Finally, we have our "one" game. I introduce you all to:

Space Station Tycoon developed by Namco Bandai. More information about the games coming very very soon!

Clues about SSBB?!

Who is the developer of the dozen?

Ninjabread man XD

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Clues about SSBB?!

Who is the developer of the dozen?

Ninjabread man XD

Clues include comments by the creator Sakurai and determination by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata (both of which are close friends by the way, having both originated at HAL Laboratories).

Data Design Interactive is developing the varied, mostly family-friendly dozen of games... with their publisher being Value Price Games. Expect them to go up on the list soon but not that soon as it will take a while to research all the info required.

And Ninjabread Man really, really does sound like a temptingly good game! As well as Billy the Wizard and Elvis - Rock n' Roll Adventures!

Emblematic

Lurking...

IF anybody bought the latest released nintendo power a poster comes in labeled SMASH 2007 with a picture of a couple new charectors (sp?) not sure if its official but it's the closest thing I could find.

Cor

um, and stuff
Yes Kirby for Wii should come out before SSBB to get us use to the engine. If it uses the same one.

DarkBlazikenEX

GRRRRRRRRR
IF anybody bought the latest released nintendo power a poster comes in labeled SMASH 2007 with a picture of a couple new charectors (sp?) not sure if its official but it's the closest thing I could find.

could you show us a link to were you found it