• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Everyone Has perfect IV Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
PokeGen and Pokesav are both hacking, and are in no way legitimate.
Then why is discussing of it allowed here?! ... It is allowed, right? I mean a ton of people mention using it in their sigs...

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Because it is discussion. It is not active help in hacking, just talking about hacking as a whole.

All Agonist was telling you was that RNG is in no way hacking. Which is true.

No I know what he wa saying, but he did however only answer part of my question. But I don't believe you are right, I could have sworn that even talking about it wasn't allowed, but I could be wrong I guess. You do have a good point, at least. B

OnceDone

I do not really like using Perfect IV pokemon, I tend to breed my own the best I can.
I get a lot more joy out of raising them and breeding them myself.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I guess it confirms my suspicions. It seems that some people deem Pokegen/PokeSav are acceptable to some, while outright hacking to others (Which I happen to agree with).

With so many players using these programs to make perfect pokemon with little/no effort hasn't that played a massive problem in the pokemon competitive community???

It seems like there is no way for players to determine whether something is legitimate or not using these programs if players use it intelligently.

randomspot555

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I guess it confirms my suspicions. It seems that some people deem Pokegen/PokeSav are acceptable to some, while outright hacking to others (Which I happen to agree with).

PokeGen and PokeSav are hacking. If it is "acceptable" or not is completely up to one's own opinion.

With so many players using these programs to make perfect pokemon with little/no effort hasn't that played a massive problem in the pokemon competitive community???

No because most of the most serious competitive players pretty much play on battle simulators. You can do several matches in the same amount of time it takes to do 1 6v6 match within the games.

It seems like there is no way for players to determine whether something is legitimate or not using these programs if players use it intelligently.

Okay, so? Ultimately, a hacked Pokemon doesn't have an inherent advantage over an identical Pokemon that was produced legitmately within the games. I'm not saying someone who hacks isn't being a jerk, especially if they don't disclose it. But it doesn't give a trainer an advantage in a battle. Strategy, team building, the luck factor, etc... will all be infinitely more important in a Pokemon battle and who wins or loses rather than if someone hacked up a Pokemon.

DarthVader

I guess most battlers on Serebii have either perfect IVed Pokemon or Pokemon with very good IVs.

Scrufox86

RNG abuse is not hacking. People get pissy about it because either they can't do it, or they feel as though their precious shiny Pokemon they spent days trying to get are reduced in value.

Yeah i don't get that. The value of my shiny pokemon is decide by me alone not everyone else so why do people go on about decreasing the value of shinies that aren't thier own?
I did RNG some shinies on my diamond version before i learnt how to use the pokeradar. I don't count them in my shiny collection but i do still value them. It is just like with the shiny charm why is there such a big fuss over using it or not? The whole point of shiny hunting is to find and capture a shiny isn't it? Then what is the problem?

Oh and i have in total 55 shiny Shinx from a few different chaining attempts on my gen IV games and no it hasn't decreased shiny shinx value for everyone else they are my shiny Shinx and i value them how i like.

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
I have to say I love everything about this thread. I personally prefer the love of breeding myself and I have heard the same things you have my friend. It's nice to see some information about all this, although I will always remain loyal to the good pastime of breeding. It may not be as quick as some other methods but there's a certain sense of accomplishment when you finally get that pokemon raised up by your hands alone. Keep up the good work and way to represent all of the Breeders of the pokemon world.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Yeah i don't get that. The value of my shiny pokemon is decide by me alone not everyone else so why do people go on about decreasing the value of shinies that aren't thier own?
I did RNG some shinies on my diamond version before i learnt how to use the pokeradar. I don't count them in my shiny collection but i do still value them. It is just like with the shiny charm why is there such a big fuss over using it or not? The whole point of shiny hunting is to find and capture a shiny isn't it? Then what is the problem?

Oh and i have in total 55 shiny Shinx from a few different chaining attempts on my gen IV games and no it hasn't decreased shiny shinx value for everyone else they are my shiny Shinx and i value them how i like.

It goes down to human nature. Some shiny hunters hold grudges because they don't obtain shinies at the rate say I would when I RNG. They become jealous in a sense, and try to justify their actions, and put down others. Anyone who holds this true, really is being quite juvenile.

People have flawless pokemon because they want to compete. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
I have one, a RNGed Ditto. I got it in a trade and have been using it for breeding ever since. For battling purposes I'm usually satisfied with two or three flawless stats.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I don't really consider PokeGen or Pokesav hacking unless a person teaches their pokemon ridiculous moves like having a Magikarp use Thunderbolt, gives them too many EV's, IV's, or any other stat/ability that they wouldn't normally have. As long as they stay within the limits, I think it's ok, and I might actually go back over to my dad's computer to PokeGen a pokemon for my in-game team.

Cutty

Forever now
My only flawless pokemon are from trades and lucky catches.
I dont really check stats again lately though.

I don't really consider PokeGen or Pokesav hacking unless a person teaches their pokemon ridiculous moves like having a Magikarp use Thunderbolt, gives them too many EV's, IV's, or any other stat/ability that they wouldn't normally have. As long as they stay within the limits, I think it's ok, and I might actually go back over to my dad's computer to PokeGen a pokemon for my in-game team.

However, by definition, PokeGen and Pokesav are hacking.

PokemonTrainerKaden

However, by definition, PokeGen and Pokesav are hacking.

That is true, but not everyone considers it hacking, and not everyone uses it for the same purpose. We have people who use them to cheat against other players, and we have people who use it for fun, and in-game things. I wasn't trying to say it wasn't hacking, I was trying to say that not everyone is going to consider it hacking, because they aren't always used for hacking purposes.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
That is true, but not everyone considers it hacking, and not everyone uses it for the same purpose. We have people who use them to cheat against other players, and we have people who use it for fun, and in-game things. I wasn't trying to say it wasn't hacking, I was trying to say that not everyone is going to consider it hacking, because they aren't always used for hacking purposes.

If it is a fact that it's hacking, it doesn't matter what people think. A fact is a fact. However I get what you mean. If someone doesn't mind if someone uses PokéGen and Pokésav, then it's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.