• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Everyone Has perfect IV Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoboJak

Unbroken
That is true, but not everyone considers it hacking, and not everyone uses it for the same purpose. We have people who use them to cheat against other players, and we have people who use it for fun, and in-game things. I wasn't trying to say it wasn't hacking, I was trying to say that not everyone is going to consider it hacking, because they aren't always used for hacking purposes.

Hacking programs aren't always used for hacking purposes? What are they using it for, than? Do they just like using it as the centerpiece in their dining room? It's not possible to not use them for hacking purposes. I think the word you're looking for there is "cheating", and even that's a stretch.

@OP Imo, if you are using them to battle other players it is cheating. I don't care if you stay "within the boundaries of the game" it's still cheating. It gives you perfect IV's/etc. without any of the work. If you want to battle with perfect poke's and not do any work, stick to PO/PS.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Hacking programs aren't always used for hacking purposes? What are they using it for, than? Do they just like using it as the centerpiece in their dining room? It's not possible to not use them for hacking purposes. I think the word you're looking for there is "cheating", and even that's a stretch.

@OP Imo, if you are using them to battle other players it is cheating. I don't care if you stay "within the boundaries of the game" it's still cheating. It gives you perfect IV's/etc. without any of the work. If you want to battle with perfect poke's and not do any work, stick to PO/PS.

Let me reword this. Even if they hack the game, it could be for something so small you would never even know that it had happened. I and many others don't consider this hacking. If you make perfect Pokemon, yes, that is hacking, and that is bad, but as long as you don't take it online, who really cares? It's not like it's a full multiplayer RPG, and it doesn't affect anyone. I consider hacking to be when you manipulate a game to your advantage against other real people. When you do this then yes, it is hacking, but when you do it just for yourself, then it's really only a cheat code, which isn't a true hack.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I agree completely, RNG isn't hacking haha. And anyone who says it's so easy to do, and that it's cheap can answer to me, because after a year and a half, I STILL can't RNG(X

I agree completely, RNG isn't hacking haha. And anyone who says it's so easy to do, and that it's cheap can answer to me, because after a year and a half, I STILL can't RNG(X

The only people who say it's hard to do are ones who don't know how to RNG. :p

PokemonTrainerKaden

Haha, I really don't know how(x I tried to learn, and I even had help for a while, but I just found it very difficult.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
me perfect IVs?............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!..............not even close. im more of a casual gamer ive only recenlty started to ev train and even then i guarantee none of my characters have perfect stats the training may help me but not likely or at least VERY little.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
The only people who say it's hard to do are ones who don't know how to RNG. :p

yeah but you got to account though agonist that the guides are really confusing compared to really what happens when we rng....it takes time to learn...some people learn better by someone teaching them what to do that is what our rng help thread is for...it helped me out alot acutally when i went to the help thread...when i read the guides i was like what? lol

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I don't see the problem with perfect IV spreads. To be honest most competitive players actually go for spreads like 31/31/31/30/31/31 for Hidden Power Ice, 31/31/31/31/31/0 for Trick Room sets and such. And I have a flawless Latias and a near flawless Shiny Scraggy from trades and even then I still have other 3 IV Pokemon.

yeah but you got to account though agonist that the guides are really confusing compared to really what happens when we rng....it takes time to learn...some people learn better by someone teaching them what to do that is what our rng help thread is for...it helped me out alot acutally when i went to the help thread...when i read the guides i was like what? lol

I remember when I browsed the RNG guide on Smogon for the first time. It puzzled me at first but I was able to figure out the first steps of RNGing and now I'm learning how to do the frame advancing and such. Luckily there are other sites that have similar guides but exclude the hard to know vocabulary that could throw people off.

Last edited:
I don't see the problem with perfect IV spreads. To be honest most competitive players actually go for spreads like 31/31/31/30/31/31 for Hidden Power Ice, 31/31/31/31/31/0 for Trick Room sets and such. And I have a flawless Latias and a near flawless Shiny Scraggy from trades and even then I still have other 3 IV Pokemon.

lol Duranteater, 31/31/31/30/31/31 is HP Electric!

Anywho, it's not impossible to obtain near-flawless pokemon without RNGing, particularly breeding since half it's IVs come from the parents, so breeding two hex-flawless pokemon guarantees 3 perfect IVs, so getting another 27+ IVs in the other stats isn't impossible.

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
Also, Rng'ing isn't all too complicated

Its simply
A) find your parameters by putting in all the data
B) find the seed you want
C) Hit it, and move the pidrng using chatots
D) Catch/ accept the pokemon you get

Of course, there are other things as well, but this is simply a simplified explanation

Last edited:

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Speaking of flawless Pokémon...does a Pokémon with all 6 stats at 31 IVs have a significant as in exponential advantage over a Pokémon that has only 2 or 3 IVs maxed out?

Codface

Most pokemon only use 5 IVs unless a mix menace type. 4 IVs maxed is about 50 to 1 so isnt mega difficult to legit breed something near battle wise "flawless". As people say the only one that matters is speed for going first.

The advantage of RNG/haxing is only to get hidden power correct and for legendaries since they far more precise. I wouldnt get too hung up on that stuff for wifi though as no one really respects wifi anyway its seen as smogons noob unsupervised waste of time.

Smogons mainly played on poke simulators which are not even tied to the game wifi and are governed by rules so is an even playing field where everyone gets the 31IVs.

So if you enjoy breeding, bred! Its a great feeling to get a really nice pokemon and train it up for fun to use in a casual battle or two.

As people say though if you do plan to go to a live event with intentions of placing you'll need the full range of uber legit compertion pokemons. As that including Latios, thunderus etc you'd need to RNG (which is an "open secret" of what the champs use). At least until Gen6 releases more coding to make it more difficult and makes them all have to "open secret" use pokesav ;p .

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Most pokemon only use 5 IVs unless a mix menace type. 4 IVs maxed is about 50 to 1 so isnt mega difficult to legit breed something near battle wise "flawless". As people say the only one that matters is speed for going first.

The advantage of RNG/haxing is only to get hidden power correct and for legendaries since they far more precise. I wouldnt get too hung up on that stuff for wifi though as no one really respects wifi anyway its seen as smogons noob unsupervised waste of time.

Smogons mainly played on poke simulators which are not even tied to the game wifi and are governed by rules so is an even playing field where everyone gets the 31IVs.

So if you enjoy breeding, bred! Its a great feeling to get a really nice pokemon and train it up for fun to use in a casual battle or two.

As people say though if you do plan to go to a live event with intentions of placing you'll need the full range of uber legit compertion pokemons. As that including Latios, thunderus etc you'd need to RNG (which is an "open secret" of what the champs use). At least until Gen6 releases more coding to make it more difficult and makes them all have to "open secret" use pokesav ;p .

ok, thanks... For me using Poke Sav is a bit of a taboo idea but I may have to Pokesav the IVs if I want to really succeed in the PWT
I am willing to breed them but it takes so long. I should be fine as long as I have max speed IVs

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Personally, I see nothing wrong with using cheats/save-edits (or in my case, glitches) to take on the PWT/Battle Frontier/etc. It's not really an unfair advantage. It's more like evening the odds. If you go to the Battle Factory in Generation III/IV, you can see the rental Pokemon suck horribly at first. They give you the wrong Pokemon with the wrong IVs, wrong nature, horrible EV spreads, and terrible moves. But as you progress, the rental Pokemon become better and better until you start seeing Legendary/pseudo-Legendary Pokemon with good natures, IV 31 all, efficient EV spread, and great move pools. It's like that in all the battle facilities. Which means, if you don't have IV 31 all things yourself, you're at a disadvantage to start with. Not to mention the AI will cheat against you. Hax, as it's called. Your Flamethrower will miss because of their Brightpowder. Their Zap Cannon will hit through 5 Double Teams and land a critical hit. So against the AI, using cheats (or Jolly No Guard Machamp with Sheer Cold) is merely evening the odds.

Against human players, this changes. When both players have the same success rate of their attacks hitting, cheats and such become... unnecessary. Some people don't care about using hacked Pokemon, as long as the Pokemon's stats, moves, etc are within normal ranges (as in, if you use AR to trigger the Azure Flute event in Platinum and catch the Arceus normally and use it against me, I wouldn't care). Some people don't care if you use Pokemon with glitched movesets. Some people, however, do care greatly about hacks/glitches, so it's always best to just... know the person you're battling ahead of time. There are some people who claim that RNGing is cheating (which it's not, says the RNGer...), and won't battle you if you're an RNGer. So some people are a lot more lenient than others, so it's hard to say what's accepted and what's not. It varies from person to person.

I like to think I'm one of the more lenient ones. I don't care if the Pokemon I'm facing is shiny with IV 31 in every stat. I don't care if it has moves that it's not normally supposed to have. And I don't care if the person I'm facing uses cheats in their games, as long as the end results could be obtained without cheats. Meaning, I don't care if a person uses AR to create a shiny IV 31 all Pokemon if they already know how to RNG.

randomspot555

Speaking of flawless Pokémon...does a Pokémon with all 6 stats at 31 IVs have a significant as in exponential advantage over a Pokémon that has only 2 or 3 IVs maxed out?

Generally not, but competitive battling is all about precision. People breed for 30 IVs in HP so they can get a maximum amount of substitutes, or maximum number of times to switch into Stealth Rock, and precise combination of speed IVs, EVs, and nature to outrun threats, but just another so it isn't wasted on Speed that could be applied elsewhere.

Generally, most Pokemon only have 1-3 stats even worth using. Sometimes that 1-2 point difference might make or break a match. But most of the time, luck and strategy will play a much larger role.

Status
Not open for further replies.