• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Everyone's Fully Powered! The Road to the Semifinals!! (1077)

DatsRight

One thing to also remember is that they clearly put in stakes if Guzma wins, if he is champion he will supposedly have the right to abolish it and ruin the Alola league in its infancy. We heard how the other students wanted to make sure that didn't happen, and at this point he has brutalised one for daring to try. He's not just a jerk because he won, he's a threat. And Ash is next.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Sham

The Guardian of War
Never realized how much SM is so nostalgic for me or how much things have change since then. This episode was pure vibes. I kinda miss this era.

BW music just simply can't escape these leagues, chokehold.

I mean, Guzma won fair and square so I found it really funny how everyone had such high morality here when just in another series and region you had terrors like Paul running around. I will say though it did make me a bit disturbed when Primarina was trying to run away and Lana was actively telling it do so but Guzma wouldn't let it go. The eerie sounds during the battle was excellent even right before Liquidation crushed Primarina sounded cool, the pouring rain after on Lana, a Water trainer was symbolic.

Sandy being so upset that Primarina was losing was so cute

It's sad she got curbstomped but for all the people complaining about the classmates in the league, this battle at least was true to power scaling and showed that everyone not named Ash or Kiawe have a long way to go.

I also didn't remember how much I liked Kiawe (I gotta look into that, might have to stan) but his voice actor did an excellent job, I liked how Sophocles was super determined to defeat Kiawe and he was pretty much a wall for him to overcome. To him, Kiawe is one of the strongest trainers. The battle was overall eh and I thought the final clash was okay-ish but the dialogue of their bromance saved the battle.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

This is one of those episodes where the first part is just OK but the second part is very good.

Kiawe vs Sophocles was not so great, the first part looked so much better in the previous episode.
However Lana vs Guzma was very good, showing how strong and menacing Guzma can be, which is important to see him as a threat to Kukui's dream and to Ash who is his next opponent.

Overall, a 7/10

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Well the discussion surrounding the battles in this episode definitely went places I did not think possible…

Primarina was trying to fight for her life lmao. The surprising thing is how long it lasted, considering its limited amount of training or maybe Guzma isn’t as great as he think he is. So despite Golisopod being presented as a “brutal monster” she tanked a lot before going down.

0dx4YY2.jpeg

eklLljS.jpeg

Charizard should’ve finished that bug a lot sooner… while trying to paralyze its opponent it’s a good idea, I think Vikavolt’s trainer should’ve taken more advantage of the bugs electric capabilities to do so. The battles in this episode were definitely dragged to take the entire 20 mins. They could’ve easily fitted a 2 vs. 2 here.

ipVAtDD.jpeg