• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Everyone's Story (M21)

AshSerena

I'm kinda sad that characters from the movie has no chance appearing in anime, i think they can use all this characters in SM

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I can’t figure out the spoiler tags, so minor spoilers ahead...

....what Pokémon did Ash get in the “Pokémon Get Race?” I know he had to release them but just curious

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah I don't think Ekans would have been an impressive catch though. But I don't think it would have been too important anyway.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
So if Ash only stupidly had Pikachu, then the Ash having a poke ball in the trailer was either a lie or was it just not included in the movie

The blue pokeball? It was just a special ball to use in the catching race. What is a shame, because it's a neat design for a pokeball.

buskalilly

I just got back from seeing the film myself :)
The animation was gorgeous, there was some fun action and the little moments of silly visual comedy were amusing. Satoshi is just one of an ensemble cast, and actually comes across as cool and likeable. The plot is kind of just some stuff that happens, with Zeraora just sort of there. It was a nice little story about different relationships between people and Pokemon, which I guess was the point.
pokemon_21_ticket.jpg

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Just red the summary. Does someone more have a feeling that the movie was a big one hour and a half Johto filler, but instead one CotD, there's six? It's probably better watch it first, but that was my impression.

buskalilly

So, the movie looks like "Everyone's Story guest starring Ash & Pikachu"? What is Ash's actual role? Aside Lisa, does he have any effect on the other characters?

He inspires the group of characters to come together for the final act and save the day. Before and after that, he's the only "good guy" shown to be any good at Pokemon battles, so he chases away bullies and poachers, hunts Team Rocket, and earns Zeraora's respect.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Just red the summary. Does someone more have a feeling that the movie was a big one hour and a half Johto filler, but instead one CotD, there's six? It's probably better watch it first, but that was my impression.

I had that feeling from the moment they revealed all of the characters.

Well, Largo is cute so I'll watch it for her and Zeraora. Also heard positive news about the animation so it could be worse. Albeit, it could also be better..

Expected more out of Lugia.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
About Lisa, It's not really important but in just case i will leave it here
Lisa: Actually an Athletics even bragging that she is the Champion of that region, she stop because of her injured.Althought her injured already healed long time ago, she scared of running anymore.

I just have one question based on this statement:
So does this mean that Lisa's the regional champion in this movie?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It's a way to put her situation. Also, I think it's refreshing that...

...Largo was the "villain", causing indirectly the main problem.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Are the Pokemon Hunters the same ones who were in the "Episode Zeraora" manga? Their roles would have to be different given the different context, but I noticed that in both versions one hunter has a Houndoom and it got me wondering.

buskalilly

This movie debuted at #2 in the box office behind Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
As some anecdotal evidence which proves nothing, it was the busiest cinema trip I've made in Japan besides Infinity War. I mostly go to the cheaper evening showings, though, so I'm probably not getting a good idea of what's popular and what isn't.