• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Everyone's Story (M21)

Vipsoccermaster

Just finished watching the movie on Disney XD. Interesting movie. It was better than I Choose You. The five characters all had flaws of course, but they overcame that by working together. Good to see that Ash wasn't the primary focus, that goes to Risa. Her Eevee was cute, too. Zeraora was great to see, as Margo helped care for it and getting the trust back later on (along with Ash's help). Lugia was nice to see, although it didn't do much. Nice that it comes once a year, though.

Loved the parts where the characters had to split up to work together to save Fula City from the deadly Effect Spore. It was a bit sad to see Harriet's Snubbull passed away years ago, but that key was an important factor into saving Fula City.
I wasn't sure why Harriet didn't like to be near Pokémon, but it seems she warmed up to them as the movie went on, especially towards the end.

Great movie overall.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Now it won't just be me who gets to be ever-so-slightly tired of that inspirational piece that plays all over the film's climax... It's not a bad piece in its own right, it's just that it has three arrangements that play in such close proximity to each other that it feels like listening to the same music on a continuous loop for like ten minutes straight...
Listening to Miyazaki's noise in general is like letting a Dementor kiss you for 98 consecutive minutes, leaving you as soulless a husk as itself. That said, I noticed that too just now upon seeing the climax (having left just after Harriet's flashback when seeing it in theatres). Man, some "best Pokemon composer ever."

Now that I've heard the soundtrack in full, I've got two words to describe it: new low.

As soon as I can get an edited copy that has no music apart from the dub ending song (because since dub music was apparently not an option this time, total silence is the next best alternative to Miyazaki noise), there'll be nothing deterring me from this movie's good points, so I'll be able to give a full review at that point. And there are tons of good points; it's just that its only weak point is a significant beast that overpowers everything.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
So, I watched the movie with the english dub. Considering everything, it was a good and well animated movie, but it's not in my top 10. I know Ash is basically a support protagonist, but I like how he's basically who gave the kick-off for the plot start. It was beneficial have him travelling solo: he comes, makes the characters move and vanishes soon after. Kinda how a hero works.

About the main protagonists, I think Callahan would be the best developed, a simple liar who's a doting uncle trying to cheer up his niece and, in some point, have to deal with his own mistakes and make himself a hero. I liked that. Risa is the close second. I can relate to Toren and his problem to take the initiative. But, I didn't like Margo at all, maybe because it's her who causes the main crisis, even if with no intention.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
This movie has to be one of the best movies in pokemon's history, it has evrything good plot, every character contributing to the rescue and no one being left behind. Last two pkemon movies have definitely changed the downwards trend of movies which were going from later DP movies, i can't say about the nostalgia lovers but this movie should easily be about early movies calibre.

I've seen more sense in delusional shippers who thought the ending of XYZ meant that Ash and Misty would get together, but you do you, my dude

Wait when did that ever happen, why would they bring out flower to show a girl who has been forgotten for 11 years, besides the director's interview pretty much gave the answer to those people.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This movie has to be one of the best movies in pokemon's history, it has evrything good plot, every character contributing to the rescue and no one being left behind. Last two pkemon movies have definitely changed the downwards trend of movies which were going from later DP movies, i can't say about the nostalgia lovers but this movie should easily be about early movies calibre.

Wait when did that ever happen, why would they bring out flower to show a girl who has been forgotten for 11 years, besides the director's interview pretty much gave the answer to those people.

I would not say "forgotten" since we have had nods to her

xEryChan

Demon Child

I hope you’re not saying Misty has been forgotten about, she wasn’t. She was mentioned by Ash in DP during Buizel Your Way Out. She was hardly forgotten about for 11 years.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I hope you’re not saying Misty has been forgotten about, she wasn’t. She was mentioned by Ash in DP during Buizel Your Way Out. She was hardly forgotten about for 11 years.

When i say forgotten i mean not seen onscreen for this show that is equivalent to forgotten since they are treated very harshly after there tenure. Besides she was also seen in ash's flashback of his charizard and during last episode when ash mentioned all of his companions.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
he comes, makes the characters move and vanishes soon after. Kinda how a hero works.

Speaking of coming and then vanishing, I really liked how Lugia was handled this movie compared to movie 2.

When i say forgotten i mean not seen onscreen for this show that is equivalent to forgotten since they are treated very harshly after there tenure. Besides she was also seen in ash's flashback of his charizard and during last episode when ash mentioned all of his companions.

I think you're missing the point of @Twilight-Kun's post. They said something that seems ridiculous on purpose to emphasize how much more ridiculous they believe Ryu Taylor is being.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Just finished watching The Power of Us for the second time and again, it’s so good. Everything about this movie was done right. The voice acting was top notch, everyone did such a great job. The song at the end is absolutely beautiful, I’m not sure who sang it, I think Haven Pascal is that how you spell her name? did and if its her, she did such a great job.

Kudos to TCPI on this movie because seriously, it’s such a great movie.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Nice to finally have a pokémon movie on par with the XY trilogy

Voice-acting was solid, albeit gimped by the lack of proper timing, but that's dubs for ya

The dubbed pokémon voices were all over the place in quality and it's a shame Zeraora got the shaft in that department - should've stuck to growls and roars instead of butchering its name

And poor, poor, poor Lugia - no deep whale noises for you, gotta bellow out your name too

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
The song at the end is absolutely beautiful, I’m not sure who sang it, I think [Haven Paschall] did and if its her, she did such a great job.

Yes, it was her, along with Charity Goodin and Ben Dixon. And yes, that song is spectacular. It's not better than the one from last year's movie, but it's still wonderful.

I think you're missing the point of @Twilight-Kun's post. They said something that seems ridiculous on purpose to emphasize how much more ridiculous they believe Ryu Taylor is being.

Yep, it was just the usual butthurt about me not liking this movie's music coming from whoever wants the ground Shinji Miyazaki walks on to be worshiped.

Nice to finally have a Pokémon movie on par with the XY trilogy.

I'd say this movie's on a level far above the XY trilogy. Well, in all but one regard.

Last edited:

Ashton Ketchum

Pokemon: The Power of Us - is second best Pokemon movie ever! Each main of character 6 have good writing and balance with screen time. Which Sun and Moon still don't do great with local characters, and even previous movie with 2 new characters. Every main COTD bring sympathy and have great revelation. The story is excellent and holistic. Of course there are some stamps, but all decided the better is one thing - feeding. This movie re creat formula for Pokemon movies, and raises on new high level! And I hope - this new level be same, and even be more high, if director Tetsuo Yajima stay on post for next movies. And for whole anime series, if he takes post of chief director after 8 generation.
Now - little speculation about future. And Gen 8 saga. For the transition process, Tetsuo can return be director this saga. Or - he can be second chief director with Yuyama-san. And in both ways, Tetsuo became chief director.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Listening to Miyazaki's noise in general is like letting a Dementor kiss you for 98 consecutive minutes, leaving you as soulless a husk as itself. That said, I noticed that too just now upon seeing the climax (having left just after Harriet's flashback when seeing it in theatres). Man, some "best Pokemon composer ever."

Now that I've heard the soundtrack in full, I've got two words to describe it: new low.

As soon as I can get an edited copy that has no music apart from the dub ending song (because since dub music was apparently not an option this time, total silence is the next best alternative to Miyazaki noise), there'll be nothing deterring me from this movie's good points, so I'll be able to give a full review at that point. And there are tons of good points; it's just that its only weak point is a significant beast that overpowers everything.
Well well...you do seem like a fine candidate for my dark realm as Dragalge suggested. Fenrir, we have a new recruit joining our army of the dead.

Those that complain to such a degree like this...and to obtain something that taints the original work of someone else's...foolish. Welcome to my army.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I have to say the last 2 movies have stopped the declining quality of pokemon movies, lets hope movie 22 also maintain this pace as it have mewtwo a crowd favourite.
Yeah the key has been to make the movies separate from the main anime.