• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evloved pokemon most comon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplighost

Gluttonus Greed
Lets get to the point now, why does every1 evolve their pokemon to the highed evolution, is it for looks?, certain moves, or do they feel that if they dont evlove their pokemon they wont win battles, you tell me because i dont evolve my pokemon, except treeko to Grovile and Duskull to Dusclops.

Fear the dark side of the force, for i am a sith lord and I wish for all to burn under my raging fist of hatred

Last edited:

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
Mostly people evolve their Pokemon to the highest level for battling and for better stats. People that tend to battle and want to get a good Pokemon raised to competition raise them to their evolution.

Some people though don't because they just want to keep the lower level Pokemon. It's up the person and what they really want to do with their Pokemon. Some people that really want to beat someone will evolve their Pokemon, but for the people that just want to keep their Pokemon because they like it just do.

It's all really up to the person. :p

Well, I evolve most of my Pokemon, but there are certain ones I like to keep at their Origional Stages.
These are,
-Tyrogue :D
-Teddiursa
-Golbat
And a few others. I have a Level 100 Tyrogue and I love it. It isn't for competetive battling, it is for the fact that it is my Favourite Pokemon, and felt that I needed one at Level 100!

Duplighost

Gluttonus Greed
Mostly people evolve their Pokemon to the highest level for battling and for better stats. People that tend to battle and want to get a good Pokemon raised to competition raise them to their evolution.

Good point, but i think battling just by using the same powerful pokemon or pokemon move gets boring, i like to use tactics, take my Zigzagoon for exaple, it knows Covet, Belly drum, Rest, and Headbut, and I equip him with a Chesto berry, now, 1st i use belly drum, halfs my Hp, Maximises my Attack, 2nd, i use rest and the Chesto berry does the work for me, 3rd i use covet, to get the opponent to give me his held item, and I alway win with that tactic as Zigzagoon,do you know where i am going with this? But as for the rest perfect point.

PS: how do you use that Quote banner, it wont work for me

Last edited:
You press Quote on the Posters post that you want to quote.

I prefer Extremespeed on Zigzagoon. That Tactic would work better then!
Zigzagoon gets owned by anything with a Fighting Move, and that would spoil your fun!

Duplighost

Gluttonus Greed
Well, I evolve most of my Pokemon, but there are certain ones I like to keep at their Origional Stages.

yes i do that except I do it the other way round as in, i dont evolve most of my pokemon but there are certain ones i like to evolve.
And as for your level 1oo, i train my pokemon to level onehundred, but i dont evolve them, and even though they are lvl 42 at the moment

Aikou Bupiggu

I always evolve my pokemon, generally because it is fun to have a new face..

My sister, however, tends to keep her pokemon in their base or first stage form. I remember her wanting evolve her Loudred, as she found it ugly, so I showed her its evolved form and she was all 'eww' and kept it that way.

She just likes the cutesy pokemon, thus keeping them in earlier stages.

So yeah, oppinions are to do with it.

Duplighost

Gluttonus Greed
Fighting_Master said:
You press Quote on the Posters post that you want to quote.

I prefer Extremespeed on Zigzagoon. That Tactic would work better then!
Zigzagoon gets owned by anything with a Fighting Move, and that would spoil your fun!

ok, Thank You, and when you say ruin my fun, do you mean i should replace Covet with ExtremeSpeed, or Headbutt?, but i see your point, Zigzagoon is used for Speed as its attack and defence are pretty much even

+Hazard_Storm+ said:
I always evolve my pokemon, generally because it is fun to have a new face..

My sister, however, tends to keep her pokemon in their base or first stage form. I remember her wanting evolve her Loudred, as she found it ugly, so I showed her its evolved form and she was all 'eww' and kept it that way.

She just likes the cutesy pokemon, thus keeping them in earlier stages.

So yeah, oppinions are to do with it.

I can see your point, but I mean people battle with pokemon and all of them use strengh to win, it gets boring, so i only evolve the pokemon I really want too because it makes battles more fun then one sided, know what i mean???
and as for the cute thing, they would not fair in battle, but would make a great coordinator, but it carries on, i mean ppl only should evolve pokemon if they really want to, not just for power or looks.

EDITED: Do not double post, use the EDIT button if you want to add something to an earlier post. -Mod

Last edited:
F

Fire Dragon

I evolve my Pokemons usually,but I have one hight level Mudkip too.
I think that peoples evolves pokemons to get them more powerfull and often stops it because lower level Pokemons are usually cuter than hight leveled.Or what do you think about Whismur and Exploud?

About that Zigzagoon strategy...I can't figure why you can't only evolve Zigzagoon to Linoone,and get better stats and better damage?
I would do this if I use Zigzagoon against friends,but against computer...well,it is same is it Zigzagoon or Linoone :)

Duplighost

Gluttonus Greed
Fire Dragon said:
I evolve my Pokemons usually,but I have one hight level Mudkip too.
I think that peoples evolves pokemons to get them more powerfull and often stops it because lower level Pokemons are usually cuter than hight leveled.Or what do you think about Whismur and Exploud?

About that Zigzagoon strategy...I can't figure why you can't only evolve Zigzagoon to Linoone,and get better stats and better damage?
I would do this if I use Zigzagoon against friends,but against computer...well,it is same is it Zigzagoon or Linoone :)

yes against friends it would, but that only proves my point even more, i dont evlove zigzagoon because i prefer zigzagoon as he is, i think he is powerful enough and if friend as you say would only use a powerful attack every battle, it gets boring, becomes 1 sided, and it makes pokemon less fun, do you know where im going with this???

PS:nice dancing Trapinch;328; ;328; ;328; ;328;

Xylitol

swimmin'
Duplighost said:

Good point, but i think battling just by using the same powerful pokemon or pokemon move gets boring, i like to use tactics, take my Zigzagoon for exaple, it knows Covet, Belly drum, Rest, and Headbut, and I equip him with a Chesto berry, now, 1st i use belly drum, halfs my Hp, Maximises my Attack, 2nd, i use rest and the Chesto berry does the work for me, 3rd i use covet, to get the opponent to give me his held item, and I alway win with that tactic as Zigzagoon,do you know where i am going with this? But as for the rest perfect point.

PS: how do you use that Quote banner, it wont work for me

You know, you can use strategies for fully evolved pokemon too, not just brute force or "one move". If you want, you can visit Smogon for good movesets.(at least you can use them in netbattle) But yes, I do understand your point too, that Zigzagoon sounds like fun fun fun! And my friend has a 45 level Chikorita which he calls "god" :p

Kev Chi

Guardian
I have to agree that the Zigzagoon moveset is pretty good but what happens if it comes up against an Golem or Aggron(my fav.)?

You pull out said Pokemon.
You don't just leave it to die against something that would crush its tiny pathetic skull!

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
I evolve every pokemon I have as faster I can. After it evolves, it gets stronger and it's stats rise up more than a non-evolved one.

obada

frontier champion
that is exactly what I do.I evolve every single one in my team to to get them stronger.and most evolved ones look cooler.

G

Geki

Most people raise their Pokemon to their fullest forms for higher stats, better attacks, and for fame, or showing off. I don't see why anyone would want to keep their Pokemon in a low form anyways, but I shouldn't talk since I keep my Pikachu's the way they are, after all, they're my favorite Pokemon.

Cobalt_Latios

fidani said:
I evolve every pokemon I have as faster I can. After it evolves, it gets stronger and it's stats rise up more than a non-evolved one.

Ah yes, but you also forget that certain unevolved forms also learn certain attacks faster than evolved forms. Although this isnt entirely true for every pokemon, but for the most part thats the case. I usually keep a pokemon unevolved either to learn a move that its evolved form cant learn, or to learn a move earlier than its evolved form. Its also much easier to get a good moveset this way too. I dont keep my pokemon unevolved because of preference, but more for the fact that they can learn a move faster.

Example:

Vibrava learns Sandstorm at level 49, Flygon learns said attack at level 53. And since it takes more exp. ptss' to level up an evolved form, you can get your attack with the unevolved form faster.

This is just an opinion that i sometimes do. Hence why i wait to evolve my Lombre after it learns Hydro Pump, rather than evolving it as soon as i can obtain my water stone.

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
Cobalt_Latios said:
And since it takes more exp. ptss' to level up an evolved form, you can get your attack with the unevolved form faster.

The thing I made bold is wrong. I tried this with Shellder, Pupitar and Nuzleaf. Even if it is evolved it needs to get the same amount of exp. to get to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.