• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evlved Pkmn that arent Evlved

AllenApple

Ultimate Sodapop Guy
Have you ever noticed some pokemon when they evolved they are just larger versions of there previous form. Like voltorb and electrode, the johto starters, or ponyta and rapiddash.

Relinquish

Addicted
Like grimer to muk,or koffing to weezing(If growing a siamese twin beside you counts),or magnemite to magneton(sticking 3 magnemites together)...

fosterfossil

The prey bites back!
voltorb switches it's colors when it evolves. The johto starters do change. Chikorita changes color and it's spikes turn to leaves when it evolves then they turn to petals when bayleaf evolves and the top leag turns into antenae. Cyndaquil's fire moves to two places instead of one and it's snout disappears. Quilava's flame moves to it's shoulders and stands up right when it evolves. Totodile totally looks different when it evolves into croconaw and when croconaw evolves into feraligatr. Ponyta does get largers but so does it's mane and it gains a horn.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
They maintain similarities so that it's obvious the new Pokemon used to be the old one. When you examine it, it's obvious that Raichu used to be a Pikachu, and it's obvious that Rampardos used to be a Cranidos. When I first saw Remoraid and Octillery, I never would have guessd one evolved into the other, and when I did, I was seriously confused.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
voltorb switches it's colors when it evolves. The johto starters do change. Chikorita changes color and it's spikes turn to leaves when it evolves then they turn to petals when bayleaf evolves and the top leag turns into antenae. Cyndaquil's fire moves to two places instead of one and it's snout disappears. Quilava's flame moves to it's shoulders and stands up right when it evolves. Totodile totally looks different when it evolves into croconaw and when croconaw evolves into feraligatr. Ponyta does get largers but so does it's mane and it gains a horn.

Voltrob also gets a wicked set of perfect white teeth.

-Flaming Charizard-

And the cat goes moo
Yup yup. Nintendo can't just go and make one Pokemon evolve into a completely different one. Imagine this - A Monkey Evolving into a Panda. That Makes sense. A Monkey evolving into a whale. Not much sense.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
Yup yup. Nintendo can't just go and make one Pokemon evolve into a completely different one. Imagine this - A Monkey Evolving into a Panda. That Makes sense. A Monkey evolving into a whale. Not much sense.

That would be brillant!
Evo's also carry on the traits and type of
the pokemon it evloved from.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
If every evolution change was like Remoraid --> Octillery, then something would be wrong. It makes natural sense to have Pokemon in the same evolutionary line look similar.

Of course, each evolution gains some uniqueness to distinguish it from its preevolution, even Magneton, who gains different techniques (Tri Attack).

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
But isn't changing in subtle ways over time the very definition of 'evolution'? Not everything has to be as obscure as Remoraid-Octillery or Trapinch-Vibrava (I never really got that).

No. 1 Machop Fan

Diglett --> Dugtrio and Magnemite --> Magneton come to mind. Each evolved form is just three of its previous form (even though Magneton has subtle differences).

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
But isn't changing in subtle ways over time the very definition of 'evolution'? Not everything has to be as obscure as Remoraid-Octillery or Trapinch-Vibrava (I never really got that).

^This.
However, a note. Remoraid to Octilery is basically a gun evolving to a cannon. Ignore the fact that said 'gun' has fins, and said 'cannon' has tentacles. XD
Trapinch is based off an Antlion. For one day of their lives, Antlions shed thier skins and turn into lovely dragonfly-like things. However, after the day's end, they die. ;_;
Flygon is simply the natural evolution of the adult form of a mythical bug. It's just that simple.

col_serra

<------ is hot!

not if its a sea monkey.

I like Pikachu

Grimer and Muk. They look way too similar.

Kim62

Hello
Yeah. I've noticed. But the ones you put aren't good examples.
Clefairy > Clefable
Poliwhirl > Poliwrath

Grimer and Muk. They look way too similar.

I thought they were the same Pokemon when I was a kid. XD

^This.
However, a note. Remoraid to Octilery is basically a gun evolving to a cannon. Ignore the fact that said 'gun' has fins, and said 'cannon' has tentacles. XD
Trapinch is based off an Antlion. For one day of their lives, Antlions shed thier skins and turn into lovely dragonfly-like things. However, after the day's end, they die. ;_;
Flygon is simply the natural evolution of the adult form of a mythical bug. It's just that simple.

I thought Octillery was a tank or a bazooka but I'm you could be right too.

Flygon is just based on the nickname of the fully grown ant lion which is "sand dragon".

Last edited:

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Yeah. I've noticed. But the ones you put aren't good examples.
Clefairy > Clefable
Poliwhirl > Poliwrath
QUOTE]

I agree very much with that one, Clefairy --> Clefable though there are the subtle differences

fosterfossil

The prey bites back!
ok so clefable's wings get more pronounced. I have issues with the poliwhirls thing. cubone to marowak is totally different because the skull gets fused to the head basically and the body looks different. The biggest difference between grimer and muk is that muk gets a lot wider while grimer seems narrow. I am surprised the pidgey line hasn't come up yet.

well, the evolves cant be totally diffeerent, otherwise why not just make a brand new family?

well, the evolves cant be totally diffeerent, otherwise why not just make a brand new family?