• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution by Fire! (738)

Conclusion:
Oshawott
Personality: Cold Blooded, Coward, Too Proud of Himself, Flirting Here and There..... Nothing Positive....

Just because he fell asleep? o_o That's a little harsh.

Mareepy

Just because he fell asleep? o_o That's a little harsh.

Yes, I AM a little harsh but it IS a FACT that he slept.... SO this proves his cold-bloodedness

His cowardness is proved everytime he hide behind any Pokemon to avoid battle with a strong-looking Pokemon

Him flirting to almost every single Female Pokemon need not to be proved as everyone knows

His overconfidence is shown soo many times that I didn't even care to recall

Last edited:
Yes, I AM a little harsh but it IS a FACT that he slept.... SO this proves his cold-bloodedness

His cowardness is proved everytime he hide behind any Pokemon to avoid battle with a strong-looking Pokemon

Him flirting to almost every single Female Pokemon need not to be proved as everyone knows

Someone sure isn't Oshawott's biggest fan. Maybe it's time to relax. He's just a pokemon.

Congratulations! Tepig finally reached lv.17.

That's nothing compared to how long it took for Chimchar to reach lv.14.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Congratulations! Tepig finally reached lv.17.

Ha! I love you're sense of humor. But in anime reality, this was a good match with power beyond level belief.

Mareepy

Someone sure isn't Oshawott's biggest fan. Maybe it's time to relax. He's just a pokemon.

Pokemons have Personality too, and everyone just saw the screen and saying that he is cute when sleeping, but they DID NOT realize the fact that he is SO COLDBLOODED.
If your friend got scammed for 100 million and go on court and the judge is telling your friend should pay the money just because he didn't see a small sentence below the contract typed with Font Size 0.2 that you must use magnifying glasses to see, I doubt you will be that calm and have time to sleep in the court

Rohanator

Pokemons have Personality too, and everyone just saw the screen and saying that he is cute when sleeping, but they DID NOT realize the fact that he is SO COLDBLOODED.
If your friend got scammed for 100 million and go on court and the judge is telling your friend should pay the money just because he didn't see a small sentence below the contract typed with Font Size 0.2 that you must use magnifying glasses to see, I doubt you will be that calm and have time to sleep in the court
You know, maybe they did realize. But like with good old Oshawott here, their storage of f*cks has clearly run dry.

But Oshawott wasn't sleeping in court. That was just a funny scene Cilan was imagining. Which means, Cilan most likely imagined Oshawott sleeping as well.

Honestly, he isn't that bad. Iris made this episode more painful and annoying to watch than Oshawott did.

CupidKirby

Just saw the episode and loved it.

I remember people saying early on that they noticed how Tepig's always become depressed after losing and was hoping it was leading somewhere. I thought this episode was a nice way of adressing it subtely as he now seems confident in his position as one of Ash's Pokemon. So overall, I really enjoyed the continuity here. I also hope we learn more about Snivy in the future as she's thoroughly secured her spot as one of my favorite characters.

The courtroom scene could've been a tad shorter but other than that, I didn't mind it. If anything, I would've preferred the episode to be a two-parter 'cuz Tepig deserves it.

The battle itself was slow-paced but that was alright. The point of it was to be emotional after all and the interactions between Snivy and Tepig did just that. I'm serious when I say I absolutely adore Snivy now; her slap was unexpected and I never thought Pokemon would make her do something like that. I hope Fire Pledge continues looking that tank in the future and we get to see it combo with a grass or water one soon.

As for Ash seeming too passive to Suwama at the start, it's obvious he doesn't agree with what nasty trainers do and would gladly preach them. He just doesn't go out of his way to yell when he doesn't know if said trainer is really that bad and could've easily been misunderstood (see Deino episode when Iris yelled at that guy who actually came for his Foongus). As expected, as the episode passed and he learned that Suwama was a first rate A-hole with no strings attached, he became fired up like we know him to be. I actually appreciate that calm approach he took as opposed to his friends, and it isn't the first time it's happened this region (Skyla, anyone?). After dealing with Paul you may think he's learned something. So yeah, I think Ash blowing a casket right off the bat would've been insulting. Ha, I'd love to see how Iris would react to Paul honestly.

Honestly, he isn't that bad. Iris made this episode more painful and annoying to watch than Oshawott did.

Have to agree with you there, for reasons explained above. And I don't think Oshawott was being mean, but more ignorant. Or already sleeping so didn't know what was going on.

gliscor&yanmega said:
I loved how when Pignite attacked Suwama it sounded like it was saying "ciao", haha.

I noticed that and laughed at it too. That's how you pwn people.

Storm Wendjule said:
I think I've seen only two minscule references to certain other abandoned fire types, but come on! This episode had nearly the same plotline as Season 1's 'Charmander, the Stray Pokemon'. Sad little fire-type dangerously close to death? Yes. Sad little fire-type still loyal to first trainer even though he abandoned it? Check. Jackass trainer abandoned the pokemon because it was weak? Yup. Main Character not named Ash chews Jackass trainer out? Uh-huh. Jackass trainer witnesses the previously abandoned fire-type battle under Ash's command? Checky check. Jackass trainer wants the fire-type now that they're strong (and the jackass didn't have to train it)? Yep yep yep. Jackass trainer gets fried by Ash's new fire-type? Hell yes.

I can't be the only one that noticed this. (I know Paul abandoned Chimchar as well, but I never saw that episode, so I can't say anything about them, and I don't remember the circumstances of Cyndaquil's capture.)
Another sign the anime needs to stop: They're re-hashing the same plot over and over.

~Jennie

Not disagreeing with you on the rehash bit...but really? Your post implies that you haven't seen Johto or Sinnoh (which are two of the regions you claim the 'rehashing' has come from), and don't even remember that much of Kanto. No offense but there's really no spot for you to say the anime should stop because its "repetitiveness" is getting annoying, when you don’t even recall what happened.

I know I'm replying to something from 7 pages ago but this particular post irked me.

STICKTOPIA

I don't understand why you're carrying on like this because it fell asleep. It really isn't serious dude.

Well it is a bad rehash, after all. Japan was right to ignore this ep. They already knew Tepig evolves here anyway. ^^

Janovy

Banned
Nah, that's ridiculous. Japan simply aquired a dislike of rehashes.

Janovy

Banned
Nah, that's ridiculous. Japan simply aquired a dislike of rehashes.
No, it's not ridiculous. Why are you refusing to accept facts?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

Him going to sleep doesn't show that he's cold blooded but how uneccessary and boring the Cilan and Iris notions were around him. If not that then, he must have not be interested.:p

No, it's not ridiculous. Why are you refusing to accept facts?
Come on, bro. Don'tcha think it's more likely that Japan almost entirely got bored of pokemon? :rolleyes:

Caseydia said:
Him going to sleep doesn't show that he's cold blooded but how uneccessary and boring the Cilan and Iris notions were around him.
Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Janovy

Banned
Come on, bro. Don'tcha think it's more likely that Japan almost entirely got bored of pokemon? :rolleyes:
Not really, since the Cilan episode got a 7.0

Sparkleo

Low on power...
Man, this guy was even worse than Damian in the original pokemon series.
He ditched Tepig, put up a fake face while doing it, pretended it was for good intentions, ADMITTED he did it, and when he lost to the very Pokemon he did it to, and had the nerve to ask it to leave Ash to rejoin him?!

Pignite had very right to burn him.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Since when does the Pokedex tell Ash a Pokemon knows a new move. Also is it just me or do Pokemon evolve in battle a lot more in BW then in the other series? Anyway good episode. love the court scene tbh