• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution by Fire! (738)

That guy's a jerk for saying those things about Tepig, this reminds me of Paul and Chimchar too.

This episode even had some funny looking faces up close.DP303.jpg
I love Snivy and all, but that face is too funny.

SmartD

A good episode. The court scene was amusing and Tepig's original trainer was a big jerk. Tepig evolving into Pignite was neat.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Shamus should be ashamed of himself.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode. However, I did feel bad for Tepig after what Seamus did and I'm glad it burned him when he wanted it back. I never knew there would be a character worse than Paul.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I cracked up at this part:

Shamus: Huh? Who's this yoyo?

Cilan (proudly): I am not a yoyo.

Already talked about the episdoe when it aired in Japan, but yeah, it was good to finally have Tepig's troubled past come up again.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I cracked up at this part:

Shamus: Huh? Who's this yoyo?

Cilan (proudly): I am not a yoyo.

Already talked about the episdoe when it aired in Japan, but yeah, it was good to finally have Tepig's troubled past come up again.

Same Cilan's response was epic. He did not get bad he just went with it lol

RVD_fan

One of my favorite episodes in the Best Wishes series, I think I preferred Shamus in the original Japanese but it's still a nice throwback to the Ash/Paul rivalry.

Hopefully Shamus returns in the league, like Conway he's powerful enough that you can buy him getting eight badges.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Why do I get the feeling that Tepig is going to be the only starter of the 3 to evolve...

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I don't normally bash B/W episodes but this one is especially terrible.

Firstly, we know that Ash is still 10 but the story is almost an exact copy of Charmanders episode from a long time ago. (except they actually meet the trainer here)

Next is that the fundamentals for the battles are all wrong. In previous seasons you could pick up a few tips that could be useful in one of the games but now the shows creators are just running around doing whatever the heck they feel like. Hitting a pokemon does not cure it from attract! (yes its overpowered in the anime but this show has been on for far too long to be making these kinds of mistakes)

And finally we have Ash sending out Snivy against 2 fire types, Even with a plot related reason to do so, thats just dumb. Come on people, please tell me we can do better than this.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I don't normally bash B/W episodes but this one is especially terrible.

Firstly, we know that Ash is still 10 but the story is almost an exact copy of Charmanders episode from a long time ago. (except they actually meet the trainer here)

Next is that the fundamentals for the battles are all wrong. In previous seasons you could pick up a few tips that could be useful in one of the games but now the shows creators are just running around doing whatever the heck they feel like. Hitting a pokemon does not cure it from attract! (yes its overpowered in the anime but this show has been on for far too long to be making these kinds of mistakes)

And finally we have Ash sending out Snivy against 2 fire types, Even with a plot related reason to do so, thats just dumb. Come on people, please tell me we can do better than this.

1.The new kids watching may not have seen the first series

2.anime rules

3.Types don't always matter. I beat a friend's Magmortar with Bulbasaur once.

LizardonX

Banned
I did something similar with my venusaur vs an entei on emerald BF entei used rock slide I used sleep power then leech seed and sub and then just used sleep powder every turn until entei fell from the seeds.

Shamus is probably the writers saying shame on you for abandoning tepig.

Last edited:
That's what I don't get...the way I see it is if the writers intended them to be Japanese why doesn't the dub use them? Is there something wrong with that?

Well in Japan and English dub, names have meanings to them. It's a anime thing, look up the names to OHSHC, you might learn somethings.