1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Evolution by Fire! (738)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, May 3, 2012.

1. And Names have meaings, not pulled from a hat.

2. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Fun fact: Shamus - meaning 'supplanter'.

- a person who transgresses moral or civil law. (by leaving/lying to Tepig)

That could apply to him. xD

3. It does. guess he needed the flamethrower to the face.

4. R?IDDl3R

R?IDDl3R ace trainer

hope ash bumps into sheamus again on his journey , that was good battle ash is getting stronger with his pokemon by the second

5. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

Really loved this episode, quite emotional but the cilan scene was just random, overall it's one of the best episodes in this saga so far, really really loved the dubbed music in this episode and even though sheamus was a total jerk he was more enjoying then trip ever was.

9.8/10

6. jammiedodger

jammiedodger Active Member

But that's my point. This is nothing original and it wasn't even handled all that well. They tried too hard to make Seamus unlikable and it just feels really forced and fake.

7. Janovy

Janovy Banned

It feels that way to you.

For me? It's been obvious the whole time that whenever Tepig got disappointed it had something to do with his trainer. And I'm just glad his plot got resolved even if it was a rehash. A development episode is always a good episode.

8. jammiedodger

jammiedodger Active Member

I just wish they could have done something different with it. Even changing the starter it affected might have helped.

9. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

And I laughed my butt off, when Pignite burned his head off. Sheamus is a horrible jerk and the "douche" level was to the max with this guy. I would use other words to describe him, but not here. :p Agreed, how he's much worse than Damian. And this Seamus guy is a total creep. No way he deserves Ash's Pignite.

I also enjoyed the amount of screen time we got from Snivy this time. It feels like it's been forever. Her interest to battle with Tepig was really inspiring, knowing she had trouble with her trainer as well.

The Court scene between Ash, Cilan and Sheamus was well enjoyable. xD Great Cilan, you're a judge now. What's next? I'm dying to know! (Please be a singer)

Great episode. Glad we got an evolution. Those flashbacks from Tepig being abandoned really hit me in the heart. Like a silver bullet.

10. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

That's because he was a one shot character. And the writers have habits of making one shot characters better than the main characters at times.

11. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

;-; I'm trying to figure out which scene I found funnier (JP or dub)

Eng:

Sheamus: Are you a yo-yo?
    Cilan: u_u I'm not a yo-yo!

JP:

Suwama: What is wrong with you?
    Dento: u_u I'm glad you asked!

fklfgafhgae XDD

12. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

I dont watch dubs but reading that, the dubbed one seems absolutelly idiotic or I'm not getting then joke.

13. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken calling someone a yo-yo, is pretty much like calling them some crazy person. So asking someone if they are a yo-yo, is probably the slang version of "What is wrong with you" only more insulting.

I have no idea why Dento said "I'm glad you asked" that's probably what doesn't make sense to me. It's funny but it makes less sense than the English dub version.

14. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

When you compare it to the dub it seems like he's NOT denying it. XD But it could be he took it the wrong way in JP, or he shrugged it off.

15. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Oh ok, I know English but since its not my first language I don't get some expressions, well knowing that it doesn't look that idiotic.

16. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

17. Interference

Interference Banned

18. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

Or why Best Wishes isn't as successful as it's supporters claim it to be

19. Interference

Interference Banned

I'm not a BW supporter. XD

I just think that an evolution episode would get lower ratings than a filler episode.

20. Royal_Qeca

Royal_Qeca Pokémon Blue

"Are you a yo-yo"? That's exactly what said here previously. /jk

But yeah, I was also impressed...