• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution by Fire! (738)

jeez someboy call the whambulance
Montgomery is actually really close to the japanese name, and fits wih his aristocratic look. Shamus is an irish nameand we all know irish are stereotyped as and fiery and Confrontational, fiery fitting in wih his fire warriors and he is very confrontational. They dot just pull names out of a hat you know...

And Names have meaings, not pulled from a hat.

Janovy

Banned
Fun fact: Shamus - meaning 'supplanter'.

- a person who transgresses moral or civil law. (by leaving/lying to Tepig)

That could apply to him. xD

Fun fact: Shamus - meaning 'supplanter'.

- a person who transgresses moral or civil law. (by leaving/lying to Tepig)

That could apply to him. xD

It does. guess he needed the flamethrower to the face.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
hope ash bumps into sheamus again on his journey , that was good battle ash is getting stronger with his pokemon by the second

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Really loved this episode, quite emotional but the cilan scene was just random, overall it's one of the best episodes in this saga so far, really really loved the dubbed music in this episode and even though sheamus was a total jerk he was more enjoying then trip ever was.

9.8/10

jammiedodger

Except this time, it was not Ash who underwent growth, but his Tepig/Pignite.

It was character development for Tepig, not Ash.

But that's my point. This is nothing original and it wasn't even handled all that well. They tried too hard to make Seamus unlikable and it just feels really forced and fake.

Janovy

Banned
But that's my point. This is nothing original and it wasn't even handled all that well. They tried too hard to make Seamus unlikable and it just feels really forced and fake.
It feels that way to you.

For me? It's been obvious the whole time that whenever Tepig got disappointed it had something to do with his trainer. And I'm just glad his plot got resolved even if it was a rehash. A development episode is always a good episode.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Man, this guy was even worse than Damian in the original pokemon series.
He ditched Tepig, put up a fake face while doing it, pretended it was for good intentions, ADMITTED he did it, and when he lost to the very Pokemon he did it to, and had the nerve to ask it to leave Ash to rejoin him?!

Pignite had very right to burn him.

And I laughed my butt off, when Pignite burned his head off. Sheamus is a horrible jerk and the "douche" level was to the max with this guy. I would use other words to describe him, but not here. :p Agreed, how he's much worse than Damian. And this Seamus guy is a total creep. No way he deserves Ash's Pignite.

I also enjoyed the amount of screen time we got from Snivy this time. It feels like it's been forever. Her interest to battle with Tepig was really inspiring, knowing she had trouble with her trainer as well.

The Court scene between Ash, Cilan and Sheamus was well enjoyable. xD Great Cilan, you're a judge now. What's next? I'm dying to know! (Please be a singer)

Great episode. Glad we got an evolution. Those flashbacks from Tepig being abandoned really hit me in the heart. Like a silver bullet.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Really loved this episode, quite emotional but the cilan scene was just random, overall it's one of the best episodes in this saga so far, really really loved the dubbed music in this episode and even though sheamus was a total jerk he was more enjoying then trip ever was.

9.8/10

That's because he was a one shot character. And the writers have habits of making one shot characters better than the main characters at times.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
;-; I'm trying to figure out which scene I found funnier (JP or dub)

Eng:

Sheamus: Are you a yo-yo?
Cilan: u_u I'm not a yo-yo!

JP:

Suwama: What is wrong with you?
Dento: u_u I'm glad you asked!

fklfgafhgae XDD

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
;-; I'm trying to figure out which scene I found funnier (JP or dub)

Eng:

Sheamus: Are you a yo-yo?
Cilan: u_u I'm not a yo-yo!

JP:

Suwama: What is wrong with you?
Dento: u_u I'm glad you asked!

fklfgafhgae XDD

I dont watch dubs but reading that, the dubbed one seems absolutelly idiotic or I'm not getting then joke.

dman_dustin

I dont watch dubs but reading that, the dubbed one seems absolutelly idiotic or I'm not getting then joke.

If I'm not mistaken calling someone a yo-yo, is pretty much like calling them some crazy person. So asking someone if they are a yo-yo, is probably the slang version of "What is wrong with you" only more insulting.

I have no idea why Dento said "I'm glad you asked" that's probably what doesn't make sense to me. It's funny but it makes less sense than the English dub version.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oh ok, I know English but since its not my first language I don't get some expressions, well knowing that it doesn't look that idiotic.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I now just found out that this was the lowest rated episode in Pokemon history (in Japan)

http://wiki.xn--rckteqa2e.com/wiki/アニメのサブタイトル一覧

"Are you a yo-yo"? That's exactly what said here previously. /jk

In Japan this episode achieved the lowest number of viewers (with 2,2) in the Pokemon anime history. Wow!

Source: http://wiki.ポケモン.com/wiki/アニメのサブタイト....E3.82.A6.E3.82.A4.E3.83.83.E3.82.B7.E3.83.A5

But yeah, I was also impressed...